Melissa & Robert's (super fast) TR ~ MK photos posted

I absolutely love all your pictures, your wedding is really beautiful! What material are your table linens? And how much were your DP centerpieces?

I absolutely love all your pictures, your wedding is really beautiful! What material are your table linens? And how much were your DP centerpieces?

Hi! Thank you very much.

The linens were a floor length satin linen in pink and then an over lay in taupe with the embroidered design.

My dessert party centerpieces were $27.00 (I am not sure if that included the $5 rental fee or not) Disney does not have Eiffel tower confetti, that was my idea and I had to mail it to them. Totally worth it though because we got engaged at the Eiffel Tower and had our dessert party in France to signify it.

Great pictures!!! The groomsman was very good at taking those especially the one w. the castle!! The drink idea is too cute! Love it!

I just looked through and have to echo everyone's sentiments on how gorgeous everything was...your dress, the bm dresses, your flowers - everything!!!!! Glad you are doing a wedding recap and trip report :goodvibes :lovestruc :cheer2: :bride:

Great pictures!!! The groomsman was very good at taking those especially the one w. the castle!! The drink idea is too cute! Love it!

I was so surprised when Robert brought home those photos on his flash drive! You wouldn't think men would be taking photos of things like that but they did!

I just looked through and have to echo everyone's sentiments on how gorgeous everything was...your dress, the bm dresses, your flowers - everything!!!!! Glad you are doing a wedding recap and trip report :goodvibes :lovestruc :cheer2: :bride:

Thank you! More coming soon.

Hey Melisa, great photos!!

Weve booked to do the east bound repo.:yay: :yay:

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! We booked the EB repo too!:cool1: :cool1:

Have you posted in the new meet thread??

Jeffrey Stoner Video http://stonervideo.com/ F
I have changed my rating after viewing my video. I do not think it lives up to the quality I expected especially for the price paid.
6 hours of coverage was turned into a 26 minute video that is just sub par IMO.

Flourish Productions http://www.flourishproductions.com/ A
Our floral was beyond AMAZING!!! There are not even words, it brings tears to my eyes. Brian saw my vision and brought it to life. He was able to take all my little ideas and bring them together to form a complete theme. Every idea I threw at him, he took it and made it even better. Brian and Richard are just super nice and creative people. No detail was left unnoticed. Customer service was phenomenal, I loved that we got to see a complete mock up of our table and centerpiece and we were able to have numerous floral appointments (something we wouldn't have gotten to do if we used Disney)

Beaute Speciale http://beautespeciale.com/ A+
Ana, Lily, and Mirabelle are all fantastic. I used them for rehearsal hair and makeup and wedding day hair and makeup + a trial run. They also did my mothers and bridesmaids hair. They do amazing work and they really listen. They want you to look how you want to look. I changed a few things from my trial and they were great with the changes and my hair and makeup came out perfect. I loved my bridesmaids hair as well and they were all very happy with the results.... and they are never happy lol! They even made an extra stop to our flower girls resort because at the last minute she was not able to come to the room as we were getting ready so early. Email and phone calls were returned promptly which is very important to me.

Impressions/ Shelley http://fairytalewedding.com/ A
Love, Love, Love Shelley and her work. My fan programs, rose petal cones, and napkins were gorgeous and super glam! Shelley was wonderful to work with. She responded to my tons of emails, took photos to make sure I was happy with what she was doing, and called to make sure everything was as I wanted. We hit it off and she is so friendly and funny. She was a pleasure to work with and even though the price was a little more than I wanted to spend it was worth every cent and more.

Carolyn Allen's http://carolynallens.com/ A
Customer service was good. The person who showed up was on time and very friendly. She even helped when one of my bridesmaids dresses had a hemming issue and steamed my baby nieces dress at no charge. You can not beat the convenience of having them come to your room. My dress had to be ironed because it was silk taffeta and could not get wet. I think it was a little wrinkled still but she said the material wrinkles horribly so that could have been why. Over all we were happy with the service.

DJ Scooter http://scooterthedj.com/ A
Love DJ Scooter. He was able to read my guests and play great music. He got everyone dancing and laughing even though it was a morning reception. He is quite charming and funny, great sense of humor. He was great responding to emails.

Disney Floral/ Rose Dizon A
Rose was very nice to work with. She responded to emails very timely and had very creative ideas for our children's table topiary. We only used Disney for our Chivari chairs, napkins for the sorbet, our children's table, and dessert party decor but everything was perfect and as I requested (with the exception of my chair cushions being a little more pink than I wanted them to be). Rose worked with my idea to have Eiffel tower confetti in my gel centerpieces and offered great suggestions to bring everything together.

Reverend Kevin Knox A-
I loved Reverend Kevin. His email responses were almost immediate and he was very helpful when I was having difficulties with our ceremony. He was on time and a very calming presence. The only reason for the "-" is because there were a few parts in the ceremony where he did not use the wording I provided which bugs me. Other than that everything was great!

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing everything Skylarr! These reviews help a lot! :goodvibes (Ooh, and I can't wait to hear more about the Royal Assante suite! Did you stay in it for 9 nights??)

Julia Bailey Photography http://juliabailey.com/ A++++
Julia and Max were amazing. Excellent communication, they went above and beyond for us. I never had to wait even a day for a response. I was so happy to have them there, they were not just our photographers, they were our friends! I can not wait to see the finished product and I know how incredible our photos will be. They worked so hard covering our rehearsal dinner, wedding, dessert party, and our MK photos. Julia got sick while she was there but trooped on.

Did they do your MK photo shoot? I thought outside vendors weren't allowed? :confused:

Thanks for sharing everything Skylarr! These reviews help a lot! :goodvibes (Ooh, and I can't wait to hear more about the Royal Assante suite! Did you stay in it for 9 nights??)

Did they do your MK photo shoot? I thought outside vendors weren't allowed? :confused:

We stayed in the suite 8 nights. It wasn't available the first night we were there so we stayed in a regular room and moved all of our things the next day. It wasn't ideal (we had so much stuff) but it worked out in the end.

We took photos at the MK but it wasn't the bridal session, just during regular park hours. We hung out and they followed us all over the park! We even had breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It was so much fun. I'm not sure if we were allowed to do it or not but no one stopped us, so we did:woohoo:

We took photos at the MK but it wasn't the bridal session, just during regular park hours. We hung out and they followed us all over the park! We even had breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It was so much fun. I'm not sure if we were allowed to do it or not but no one stopped us, so we did:woohoo:

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see your pics! :thumbsup2

The day we left was a whirl wind! We had to pick up Robert's tux and when we got there it needed alterations and it ended up taking 3 hours to complete something that should have taken 30 minutes. I was beyond annoyed and we had tickets to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party that night so I was worried about getting there too late.

Finally the tux was done and we were able to get on the road. The car was so full we could not even see out of the windows. I was very frustrated so no pics lol.

Arriving at the Animal Kingdom Lodge
96398591_35RaQdVD_1070717_IMG.jpg

96399116_CuQRqQGr_1111175_IMG.jpg

Of course our room wasn't ready, just my luck as we had so much stuff with us and I really wanted to get it to the room and not leave it in storage. The bell hop thought I was crazy when I started taking stuff out of our luggage (our rings and my jewelry) and my dress. We walked around the resort for an hour with Robert holding the dress (he is taller lol). The dress even sat on the sofa with us... we probably looked nuts but I was not leaving it in storage.

Some photos while we walked around the resort.
30177607_pbase1771.jpg

51667909_IMG_8571_20051017.jpg

76083941_bqa3gVb5_disneydec2006card.jpg

96402795_j19dLkfI_AKL1109091_opview.jpg

96402796_Dgk7PPLy_AKL11090923_IMG.jpg

96402797_IxhiL294_AKL11090924_IMG.jpg

2007-17.jpg

Finally our room was ready and we started to organize everything. We had welcome bags to put together but decided to wait since we were switching to the Royal Asante Suite the next day.

We left for MNSSHP and had a great time. When we got there it was a beautiful sunny afternoon but soon it started raining. The plus side is that it was pretty empty and we rode a ton of rides without a wait...we rode Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain 3x in a row without getting off. The bad thing is that it was a little chilly since we were all wet and there were no photo pass people out. It did stop by the time the second parade came around so we grabbed a spot on Main Street and watched the parade and then fireworks. By that time we were exhausted and called it a night. We did not want to wear ourselves out too much on the first day.

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

P01-0004.jpg

P01-0005.jpg

P1-0002.jpg

100_0732.jpg

P5-0001.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

P01-0006.jpg

Congrats on the wedding - the pictures you have shown us are wonderful! Can't wait to see the rest. I LOVE all of the pictures of the MK decorated for Fall! That is one time we haven't been - hmmm....

popcorn::

Thank you so much, it was a perfect day! :cloud9:

The dresses are by ABS (Allen Schwartz) and I LOVED them. My bridesmaids however did not which upset me as I bought them and they were expensive. I thought they looked just gorgeous in them!!! I have a size 10 unworn with tags if you are interested (and size 2,6,8 worn once). I have nothing to do with them so pm me if you want lol. I hate to see things wasting in the closet lol. I would much rather make use of them, it would make me feel as if it wasn't such a waste of money lol!

Thanks for letting me know! I think it's a beautiful dress, I'm sorry your bridesmaids didn't like them, that's a shame. I only had one MOH and I let her pick her dress and then I bought it . . . and the shoes, and the jewelry - LOL! I wish I had a place to wear it and then I'd consider buying it from you (I'm usually a size 2/4), but I have four formal dresses hanging in my closet, and am lucky if I get to one formal event a year ;) I don't think DH would like me to add another dress at this point! Have you thought about putting them on ebay?

The groom's cake is fantastic! Everyone in my family is a Gator :cool1:

Congrats on the wedding - the pictures you have shown us are wonderful! Can't wait to see the rest. I LOVE all of the pictures of the MK decorated for Fall! That is one time we haven't been - hmmm....

popcorn::

Thank you. Fall at Disney is beautiful and the food and wine festival is awesome...now I have an excuse to go every year at the same time!

Thanks for letting me know! I think it's a beautiful dress, I'm sorry your bridesmaids didn't like them, that's a shame. I only had one MOH and I let her pick her dress and then I bought it . . . and the shoes, and the jewelry - LOL! I wish I had a place to wear it and then I'd consider buying it from you (I'm usually a size 2/4), but I have four formal dresses hanging in my closet, and am lucky if I get to one formal event a year ;) I don't think DH would like me to add another dress at this point! Have you thought about putting them on ebay?

The groom's cake is fantastic! Everyone in my family is a Gator :cool1:

I will probably try ebay at some point. I really wish something would come up and they would want to wear them. The looked so beautiful so I don't get it...maybe I have better taste lol.

Robert is gator alum so he had the grooms cake gator and a signature drink called the Rowdy Reptile that was orange and blue with a light up basketball.

Day two was a crazy busy day. We had to check out of our regular room by 11:00a.m. and we were crossing our fingers hoping the Royal Asante Suite would be ready because we had so much stuff with us.... Of course it wasn't. Not only was it not ready, they were cleaning the carpets and they had a maintenance crew in the room fixing something. The would not tell us what was going on or when we would be able to get into the room. Once again I dug threw the bags removing the rings and my jewelry. And of course, I took the dress! We were on our way to the Grand Floridian Spa for facials so I locked the jewelry in the glove box and the dress in the trunk and prayed that everything would be fine when we returned.

The spa was heavenly! I don't know how I managed to relax but I did. Robert said I came out a whole new woman (I was quite cranky before the spa because of the whole room ordeal and repacking etc.)

We went back to the resort to see if the room was ready, it wasn't... of course. I then decided to go to the concierge desk and ask (OK, fine, BEG) if we could at least have the bell hop bring up our stuff. I explained that I knew it was before 3pm and that all I wanted was to know our wedding things were safe and sound in the room. After a few phone calls he said we would be able to go with the bell hop to the room to put our things in, HOORAY!!

When we got to the room the maintenance crew was leaving and the head maid was there to great us. I told her we were placing our things in and leaving because the room wasn't ready and she said it would be done in about 5 minutes so we went to the car and got the dress and when we came back it was done and we were aloud in.

The room was my favorite part of the whole wedding/trip except for us actually becoming man and wife.

If you ever have a chance to stay in this room do so because it is AMAZING!!

We took a few photos and then got ready for the Sunset Safari... Ok, ok, we ran around like crazy people checking it out!!

Last edited:
DisneyWorld12-2006020.jpg

wedding001.jpg

Party shot... I love party shots
wedding002.jpg

wedding003.jpg

wedding004.jpg

wedding005.jpg

wedding006.jpg

wedding007.jpg

wedding008.jpg

wedding009.jpg

wedding010.jpg

wedding011.jpg

wedding012.jpg

wedding013.jpg

wedding014.jpg

wedding015.jpg

wedding016.jpg

wedding017.jpg

wedding018.jpg

wedding020.jpg

wedding021.jpg

wedding022.jpg

You can see the construction of our new "home" Kidani Village in the background
wedding023.jpg

wedding024.jpg

wedding025.jpg

wedding026.jpg

wedding027.jpg

wedding028.jpg

wedding029.jpg

wedding030.jpg

wedding031.jpg

wedding019.jpg

wedding032.jpg

wedding033.jpg

wedding034.jpg

wedding035.jpg

wedding036.jpg

wedding037.jpg

wedding038-1.jpg

wedding039-1.jpg

wedding040-1.jpg

wedding041-1.jpg

wedding042-1.jpg

wedding043-1.jpg

wedding044-1.jpg

wedding045-1.jpg

wedding046-1.jpg

The Sunset Safari was wonderful and one of the highlights of our trip. Even though it is expensive I would definitely do it again. Robert loves animals and he had such a great time. This was the third special safari we've done. We have also done the Discovery Safari at Animal Kingdom (for concierge guests at staying at any Disney hotel) and the Backstage Safari but this one was by far our favorite.

It is followed by a family style dinner at Jiko which was delicious!! We were too busy eating and laughing with our fellow adventurers to take pics.

wow..those are some sweet suite pictures..the lighting looks professional! What kinda camera did you use??

The Sunset Safari was wonderful and one of the highlights of our trip. Even though it is expensive I would definitely do it again.

Geez, if you stayed in the most expensive room for 8 nights, I would have hoped that they'd let you on the safari for FREE as often as you'd like!! :rotfl: ;)

A few getting ready pics. Still waiting on professional photos.

l_ddb3152128fe408d9767b3c1b6f79601.jpg

aklroyalasantepres4.jpg

l_ee898110667a46248d14c381c21930ac.jpg

l_23c8017eeb71417e80dbf873f150ccc6.jpg

l_26771c8537be4b5c8e1abb986a516328.jpg

l_b76709b3f2f94c79b39ab6fba43c338f.jpg

l_915855d0d0984840a878b787950bfabd.jpg

l_981820046c91464eb9f4898137c933e2.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter