ME departure time- how close to flight?

jeankeri

<font color=darkorchid>I threw cartons of milk at
Our flight is leaving MCO 4:40 pm on Friday, June 15th. What time do you think our ME bus time departure will be?

Your pickup time will be approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight departure. Or another way of putting it is that your pickup time will be approximately 2 1/2 hours before boarding time.

Because each resort is served twice per hour on a fixed schedule, your actual scheduled pickup time could be up to 15 minutes more or up to 15 minutes less the 3 hours.

Even if your motorcoach goes to one or two other resorts before continuing to the airport, and even if there's traffic, and even if there are lines at check-in and security, you will get to the gate by boarding time.

With your flight leaving MCO at 4:40 pm your ME bus departure time will be about 1:30 pm. ME usually picks you up about 3 hours before your flight.

Thanks for the quick responses!! My boys are hoping to hit MK at opening to ride the mountains before the trip home- looks like we should just make it!!

>>> should just make it

Do not try to cut it close getting from the park back to the resort to take Magical Express home. It would be a good idea to at least aim to be back at the resort an hour before the bus time printed on your confirmation.

Sometimes it may take awhile for the bellhop to fetch your baggage.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Not only that -- on Monday we were at our designated spot and time and the driver almost wouldn't let us board! He was rude to me and once I convinced him that we WERE supposed be there he ripped all the paper work outta my hands, threw our bags under the bus and I heard a clank from the bags under ours. Biggest problem he had was that I had no tickies in my hand -- told him I used e-tickets and would be printing boarding passes @ airport, he acted like he had never heard of that ever before

We made it to the airport on time but BARELY made it threw all the lines in fact just got to our gate as boarding was being announced.

I must admit though it was a great way to travel to & from Dis! Smooth there and sorta okay back.

Donald - my hero said:
Biggest problem he had was that I had no tickies in my hand -- told him I used e-tickets and would be printing boarding passes @ airport, he acted like he had never heard of that ever before
The DME driver wasn't looking for your airline tickets. DME drivers never require airline tickets or airline boarding passes.

He was looking for your DME transportation vouchers. These are scanned when you board the motorcoach at MCO and collected when you board at your resort. (If you lose them, the resort can print new ones for you. But this needs to be handled before you try to board the motorcoach.)

It sounds like there was a misunderstanding between you and the driver.

Donald - my hero said:
We made it to the airport on time but BARELY made it threw all the lines in fact just got to our gate as boarding was being announced.

You barely made it through the airport lines and to your gate in time, even though you left your resort approximately 3 hours before your flight? (Just think.. Some people feel they can leave their resort an hour before their flight!)

Horace Horsecollar said:
The DME driver wasn't looking for your airline tickets. DME drivers never require airline tickets or airline boarding passes.

He was looking for your DME transportation vouchers. These are scanned when you board the motorcoach at MCO and collected when you board at your resort. (If you lose them, the resort can print new ones for you. But this needs to be handled before you try to board the motorcoach.)

You barely made it through the airport lines and to your gate in time, even though you left your resort approximately 3 hours before your flight? (Just think.. Some people feel they can leave their resort an hour before their flight!)

Yeah I know the procedure! I had both the book AND the letter that had been attached to my doorknob. I just think he wasn't a "happy camper"

And checking in?? Gawd there were a bunch of IDIOTS both getting offa the bus ... checking us in and then add the hoof to the check point we were winded that's for sure

All that aside I will NEVER think of getting to the resort any other way.

Disney puts a letter on your door the day before you leave. It confirms your DME pick up time and generally has a bar code. That letter, with the bar code can be used instead of your voucher.

Horace Horsecollar said:
(If you lose them, the resort can print new ones for you. But this needs to be handled before you try to board the motorcoach.)

Donald - my hero said:
Biggest problem he had was that I had no tickies in my hand -- told him I used e-tickets and would be printing boarding passes @ airport, he acted like he had never heard of that ever before
I still don't understand why the DME driver cared about your airline tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter