MDE site, dates that your fast pass/dining window will be opening?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Childs1stTime2Disney, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Do you get an email through MDE when your fast pass window and dining windows will open? I thought there was somewhere on the site that lists important dates in the past, but I no longer see that. Am I missing it?

2. NikkiDP

NikkiDP Mouseketeer

Sadly, MDE experience doesn't seem to inform you of those important dates anymore. Theoretically you are supposed to get an email reminding you of your dates as they approach. However, on our last trip we received the FP reminder email about 2 weeks after we selected or FP sooooo... lol

Childs1stTime2Disney likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I've not booked a trip more than 180 days out in years, well before MDE came about. So I have no idea about ADR
    They will email you on FP day but several hours (at a minimum) after the FP booking time frame opens, so it's fairly useless for hard to get FP.

5. Childs1stTime2Disney

Thank you both. I guess I need to call and ask them to repeat the date to me again.

6. Flapdoodle

Flapdoodle Mouseketeer

I have seen several websites that calculate dates for ADR and fast passes. You enter your date of arrival and it populates the date you can start making reservations. I am sorry I don't recall the names of the sites but if you search for Disney calculations for ADR/fast passes I am sure several will pop up.

7. Childs1stTime2Disney

good idea, thanks!

8. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

It is listed on MDE.

9. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

You can also open up a calendar and physically count the days. Or Google "60 days before [date]"

disneycat321 and Hopefully like this.
  10. Childs1stTime2Disney

where?

11. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

Where it says FastPass+ if you hover there it shows you the date you make them.

12. Tiggerlover91

Tiggerlover91 DIS Veteran

You should live closer to me so you can come to my home and see the Disney websites I have bookmarked! :lmao::lmao: Here's the link I used for when my FP window opens. https://www.wdwmagic.com/reservation-calculator.htm

TJA and Childs1stTime2Disney like this.
  13. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

On my laptop when I click on my plans the FP+ circle on the far right is grey and has the date I can make my FP+ under the circle. Once the date has passed the circle is blue indicating you can make FP+. Pretty sure the same is true for ADR's but my date has passed.

HTH

14. tnolan

tnolan DIS Veteran

15. MaryKM

MaryKM Earning My Ears

If you have an iPhone, you can always ask Siri! “Hey Siri, what’s 180 days from (arrival date)?

16. MaryKM

MaryKM Earning My Ears

I also wanted to add, if you subscribe to Character Locator for your planning, the dates for dining and FP are on the crowd calendars that Kenny makes.

17. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

The only way I can find my booking dates listed is to go to the actual Disney website and then click on MDE in there. The following screenshot shows you on the far right an unshaded circle that says "FastPass+" which lists the date I can start booking FP's:

MDE2.png

MaryKM and Childs1stTime2Disney like this.