May the FOOD Be With You...a SWW Dining Report! NEW! 7/5

I promised Geoff 2 things on this trip: 1) Star Wars, obviously. 2) Lunch at the Tangierine Cafe. He loves this place. He went to Israel once and absolutely loved the food over there, the food here reminds him of the food in Israel and therefore it's love for him! :goodvibes

While waiting, I grabbed a picture of all the options:
IMG_0143.jpg

We went with our old stand-by, the combo platter (Chicken & Lamb Shwarma.)
IMG_0144.jpg

Neither of us are crazy about the cold salads, so we asked for extra hummus instead...and they just gave us extra hummus instead of none of the salads :confused3 Oh well. Geoff still likes the other ones, but this way I didn't eat all of his hummus! :laughing:

We wound up being slightly disappointed this time. We got there right at opening and we must have gotten the previous days leftovers because we got the pieces that were the rings around the poll instead of just slices, so it was kind of dry. Flavor was still there, just a little dry. Oh well. We always split this dish since it's so large.

We keep meaning to try other options, but we're creatures of habit!

Love your reports. We love tangerine cafe too shame you were a bit disapointed

Well that was a bummer. Note to self: don't get an early ADR.

But I gather you're still sold on it, and will be trying it again....so that's good.

Ooh I know where I am going for dinner tonight...no not Tangierine Cafe :lmao:

We just had 2 new Falafel joints open in town and I am dying to try them!

Well...I tried the Berry Croissant Pudding recipe tonight! The kids seemed to love it!!! Very easy to make, too:thumbsup2 I think it's a keeper. Thanks for the tip about this dessert...or did you say you had it for breakfast?:laughing:

Subscribing and LOVING your reviews!!! I truly enjoyed MM. The pizza with the sun dried tomato pesto was just amazing for me! I can't wait to try more of the flatbreads!!

Love your reports. We love tangerine cafe too shame you were a bit disapointed

A should probably note that we weren't disappointed enough that it would stop us from returning, but enough to mention it :goodvibes

Great reviews! Can't wait for the rest.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Well that was a bummer. Note to self: don't get an early ADR.

But I gather you're still sold on it, and will be trying it again....so that's good.

Silly Glenn, you don't need an ADR! Tangierine Cafe is counter service.

And yes, we'll definitely return. You can also get a side order of hummus, which is one of my favorite snacks.

Ooh I know where I am going for dinner tonight...no not Tangierine Cafe :lmao:

We just had 2 new Falafel joints open in town and I am dying to try them!

Oooo, YUM! Now I want to go to our Mediterranean place here! :laughing: They don't have schawarma but their hummus is fantastic, and I love their falafel!

Well...I tried the Berry Croissant Pudding recipe tonight! The kids seemed to love it!!! Very easy to make, too:thumbsup2 I think it's a keeper. Thanks for the tip about this dessert...or did you say you had it for breakfast?:laughing:

Haha, yes! BREAKFAST! :banana: I'll have to keep it in mind for our annual Church Brunch, I bet it'd be good to bring for that!

Subscribing and LOVING your reviews!!! I truly enjoyed MM. The pizza with the sun dried tomato pesto was just amazing for me! I can't wait to try more of the flatbreads!!

If you're a fan of mushrooms, you should definitely try the one with mushrooms & arugula. It's awesome. And thanks for joining in!

I'm here; now back to read. :goodvibes

Hi Kathy! :Wave: thanks for joining me!

Great reviews, the croissant berry pudding looks amazing! I need to get this next time!

It was such a treat!

Loving your reviews! Too bad about the Tangierine Cafe. :(

I know, right? Such a shame. Just gives me an excuse to go back to try it again ;)

Time for snacks! One of the other reasons we split the platter is because you then have plenty of room in your stomach to have a few snacks around the World Showcase!

Obviously, we stopped in Germany's Karamel Kuche. (Or Caramel Kitchen...) We had to anyway because they sell the sugar free caramels that my Dad had asked us to pick up...so we got snacks too!

IMG_0149.jpg

The last time I was here was in December and the line was out the door it was so long. Today it had all of 3 people in it. Horrah!

IMG_0151.jpg

Geoff got some of the Werthers caramels that you could pick what you wanted and how many you wanted. Then for the next week or so he'd randomly remember they were in his pocket and ask me if I wanted one :laughing:

I knew exactly what I wanted:
IMG_0153.jpg

I love this. The fresh caramel combined with the sweet marshmallow, it's like heaven. And surprisingly light.

After our adventure in the candy store, we headed further back into the pavilion and got a wine flight (well, Geoff got a wine flight, I had a sip and ate my caramel treat.)

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

He tried the first Riesling, the Apple Wine, and the Ice Wine.

NY's wine region (where we live) is very similar to Germany's, so we're very familiar with Rieslings and Ice Wines. So I had a sip of the Apple Wine, which was surprisingly good!

And that ends our adventures in Germany!

Would you believe that as many times as we've visited WDW, we have NEVER been in this store?!! Are we crazy or what!!?? And I so noticed the 'snack credit' symbol on some of the candy:woohoo: That's great news for us! We could use our snack credits here!

Thanks for making me crave chocolate so early in the morning:scared1:

Heather

Would you believe that as many times as we've visited WDW, we have NEVER been in this store?!! Are we crazy or what!!?? And I so noticed the 'snack credit' symbol on some of the candy:woohoo: That's great news for us! We could use our snack credits here!

Thanks for making me crave chocolate so early in the morning:scared1:

Heather

If it makes you feel better, it just opened last fall!

I've been reading along and love your reviews! How did I not notice until now that you're from Rochester?? I am too. What caught my attention was the comment about NYS wines, go figure, lol :laughing:.

Okay, I am finally caught up. We switched from Fulton's (after Nicki and Todd had a very disappointing meal there in May) to Raglan Road. This was a tough sell for us because Nicki and Todd hated it; but I've read so many great reviews that I decided it was time to give it a try ourselves.

Glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose. I've never understood the "dislike' of the place; we've never had a bad meal there. We did have a ressie for this September but I changed it to 50's Prime Time because we've not been to 50's in about 12 years and I felt the need to go back.

Your breakfasts at Sunshine Season look so good...we are definitely doing that this trip.

And I cnanot wait to FINALLY try the new Caramel shop in Germany (they were working on it when we were there last September).

We love Mama's as well! and the Caramel shop is so calling my name :worship:

thanks for taking the time to review (and the pics) . can't wait to go back to the carmel shoppe ----- in Oct. (i don't want to wait that long. also, think i will have to try the berry bread pudding thing, looks delish.

Wow...I had no clue Raglan Road looked so good! I just cancelled our crystal palace on our arrival day and booked Raglan Road!!!! I can't wait to try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter