• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May the FOOD Be With You...a SWW Dining Report! NEW! 7/5

:lmao: I'm still laughing...so that's what you decided?! Sounds like it's still up in the air:rolleyes1 You crack me up...the good thing about it...ANY of those choices will be great!

Enjoy the planning!!!:woohoo:...that's half the fun!
Heather

:rolleyes1 I guess I didn't make any decisions...in my mind I had :rotfl:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a wonderful, detailed DR! That thai chili dessert at FF looks right up my alley, and so beautifully presented!

You have me really excited to give Raglan Road another try!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a wonderful, detailed DR! That thai chili dessert at FF looks right up my alley, and so beautifully presented!

You have me really excited to give Raglan Road another try!
I hope you enjoy Raglan Road when you try it again! And thanks for joining in!

Who's ready for some adult fun?

This review won't be long, but I wanted to make sure I mentioned it because we love it!

After our meal at Flying Fish we made our way down to Jellyrolls at the end of the Boardwalk opposite of the Epcot entrance.

IMG_0207.jpg

Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar that's 21+. You can start to enter at 8, music starts at 9 and every hour they swap pianists. There is a cover charge ($10?) and they have nightly drink specials on the board at the bar. The drink specials are the best deals. You request songs by writing them on napkins and placing them with a dollar (or $2 or $5...) on the pianos.

I particularly like Jellyrolls and encourage everyone to go because it's a place that both me and my parents can enjoy together. So short review, but go! It's a fun time!

You had to post that cheese plate picture from Flyin' Fish, didn't ya?

Now I'm cravin' it! :lmao:

You have hit on a number of things that are making my mouth water! I have never seen that Sinful Trifle at Raglan or some of the Flying fish dishes (everyone is always rating the potato wrapped red snapper) so thanks for this, your really getting the wheels turning for our next trip!

How loud was JellyRolls? Just wondering if you could actually carry on a conversation without yelling???:confused3 This is a place that DH and I talked about going...obviously without kids:confused3;)

Heather

Jellyrolls is a great way to (sp)end an evening :thumbsup2

Heather, it is pretty loud - I wouldn't say you'd have to yell but it's certainly not a place where you could have a quiet conversation.

Jellyrolls sounds like so much fun - I hope we can get there soon (without DD of course).

You have hit on a number of things that are making my mouth water! I have never seen that Sinful Trifle at Raglan or some of the Flying fish dishes (everyone is always rating the potato wrapped red snapper) so thanks for this, your really getting the wheels turning for our next trip!

I try to tell my peeps what to order but no one listens to me :confused3

How loud was JellyRolls? Just wondering if you could actually carry on a conversation without yelling???:confused3 This is a place that DH and I talked about going...obviously without kids:confused3;)

Heather

If you wanted to talk, sit further back from the stage :goodvibes But yeah, not quiet.

Jellyrolls is a great way to (sp)end an evening :thumbsup2

Heather, it is pretty loud - I wouldn't say you'd have to yell but it's certainly not a place where you could have a quiet conversation.

Yay! Another Jellyrolls fan :thumbsup2

Jellyrolls sounds like so much fun - I hope we can get there soon (without DD of course).

Haha, well, she wouldn't be allowed in! So no worries at Jellyrolls :goodvibes

The final morning came, and I was on my own for breakfast. Geoff had a school bread with his name on it (literally, we wrote his name on the container.)

So I went down to the food court and broke my own rule...I got bacon at Disney. :rolleyes1

IMG_0214.jpg

In the form of a sandwich! This was pretty tasty, but it had a little to much butter on it for me. Not sure if I'd get it again, but it was good to start the day with!

I see you're goin' back in a coupla months, ya gonna do a dinin' review, where ya eatin'? :yay:

I see you're goin' back in a coupla months, ya gonna do a dinin' review, where ya eatin'? :yay:

:laughing: Yeah...that's where I was so confused a few posts ago. I'm going for a quick 2 night trip to escape wedding madness (taking a page out of norybell's handbook.) I was going to eat at Bistro de Paris, but I'm going to cancel that ADR in favor of some Mexican counter service and a good ol fashioned adult beverage and Illuminations. The next day is dedicated to the Magic Kingdom. I think I'm going to start with some room service for breakfast, then I'll probably get the hummus & broccoli slaw sandwich at Columbia Harbor House for lunch, I'll keep the day healthy by getting a snack of corn dog nuggets at Casey's. Then for dinner my parents are joining me at California Grill. If they stay over, we'll probably go to breakfast at Kona...or the Wave...or Grand Floridian Cafe...or Crystal Palace...and then the rest of Sunday is up in the air until I leave at 5. :rotfl: It's a plan!

And I'll definitely do a review! It's my favorite!!

So for those of you who came over from my PTR, I posted this picture of Bandit. Keep in mind that this was taken not long after he was groomed:
IMG_0031.jpg

Glenn mentioned that I should try Angel Eyes. And I was unsure of it because Bandit's a little sensitive.

Well, we talked to the vet and then found the product at our local all natural pet food store (Bandit eats better than we do.) And decided to give it a go.

2 weeks later, we asked the lady at our day camp to trim up his eyes for us as he didn't need a full grooming, but his fur was getting in his eyes. So she did and this was the result (also taken the night after day camp, so he's a little sleepy!)
image.jpg

I'm super impressed considering we're only 2 weeks in!!!

We're also leaving tomorrow for Vermont. The parental units are meeting for the first time. We're bringing Bandit. I'll wrap up this review next week with one last review and some indulgent pictures of my pooch!

:laughing: Yeah...that's where I was so confused a few posts ago. I'm going for a quick 2 night trip to escape wedding madness (taking a page out of norybell's handbook.) I was going to eat at Bistro de Paris, but I'm going to cancel that ADR in favor of some Mexican counter service and a good ol fashioned adult beverage and Illuminations. The next day is dedicated to the Magic Kingdom. I think I'm going to start with some room service for breakfast, then I'll probably get the hummus & broccoli slaw sandwich at Columbia Harbor House for lunch, I'll keep the day healthy by getting a snack of corn dog nuggets at Casey's. Then for dinner my parents are joining me at California Grill. If they stay over, we'll probably go to breakfast at Kona...or the Wave...or Grand Floridian Cafe...or Crystal Palace...and then the rest of Sunday is up in the air until I leave at 5. :rotfl: It's a plan!

And I'll definitely do a review! It's my favorite!!

:lmao:

Jen 'n I changed reservations several times for our 3 day/2night trip, love the online reservations especially after readin' reviews on the DIS. ;)

I'm cravin' breakfast at Kona's now...thanks! :lmao:

Have a great time! And good luck;)...should we be expecting any food views from the great state of Vermont?:laughing:

Heather

onelilspark - We use Angel Eyes on our white Havanese and her eyes are clear. We only use a tiny bit everyday, not the 1/2 t. it calls for on the bottle. Glad it's working for you! :)

:lmao:

Jen 'n I changed reservations several times for our 3 day/2night trip, love the online reservations especially after readin' reviews on the DIS. ;)

I'm cravin' breakfast at Kona's now...thanks! :lmao:

I think my problem is that I'm stressed because the wedding is less than 4 months away (I mean really when did THAT happen) but I'm such an uber planner that I really have everything pretty much done, so my stress is manifesting itself by me wanting to change everything about the Disney trip. I'm actually super happy I planned it so I have something to distract me!

Have a great time! And good luck;)...should we be expecting any food views from the great state of Vermont?:laughing:

Heather

We mostly ate at home, so I didn't take any pictures of food, sorry! :laughing:

onelilspark - We use Angel Eyes on our white Havanese and her eyes are clear. We only use a tiny bit everyday, not the 1/2 t. it calls for on the bottle. Glad it's working for you! :)

I'm so impressed with this product, it's amazing!

Hope everyone enjoyed the Holiday weekend (Happy belated 4th to my Fellow Americans and Happy belated Canada Day to any Canadians!)

I guess it's time to finish this up so I can get started on my Trip Report!

We got to the airport and had an hour and half to kill once through security (it didn't take us long to get through at all!), so we decided to go to Outback for lunch.

I was in the mood for some cheese fries, so we got some to share:
IMG_0255.jpg

Then I wound up getting the chicken strips...and not eating these fries because I had enough cheese fries!
IMG_0257.jpg

I like their chicken strips. I mean, I love steak, but I hate cutting it with plastic, so I tend to skip it at airports.

Geoff got sirloin strips on a Caesar Salad.
IMG_0256.jpg

He liked the flavor, but found the steak to be very hard to cut with the plastic knife, so that kind of ruined it.

Other than that, we enjoyed our last bit of Florida food before heading back home! I do enjoy sitting in airports with food rather than just grabbing something to go.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure! I'll post the link to my Trip Report once I get it started!!

ETA: Trip Report Link See? I keep my promises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter