MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

So sorry that I don't have time to make a proper post during the week. It's a very busy time of year...let's be honest, every time of the school year is busy lol. Anyway, I've just been looking for an image to post then quickly skimming over everyone else's posts before I have to post the next day.

By Wednesday, I dropped those pesky two pounds I gained over the very stressful weekend. Fortunately my body released one more pound this week, so I actually made some progress instead of just gaining and losing the same two pounds. So WOO HOO for that!!!

I'm very thankful that school is almost over. This has been quite a year filled with very bad and very good things. Overall, it's been a real success. There's already a lot of faculty and administrative turnover for next year...many are moving to higher paying jobs in more affluent areas. I guess not everyone wants to teach in the inner city and deal with all of the problems. I feel called to be a light in the lives of these children who didn't ask for the difficult lives they were born into. It gives me great joy to make their lives better and provide a foundation for a future filled with hope and success.

I hope that at some point this weekend, I will be able to get outside and enjoy the glorious weather and my pool. Right now, my allergies are still quite severe and the pollen count is very high.

Please sign up to host a week.

5/29-6/4: ShannyMcB
6/5-6/11: PAsFab5
6/12-6/18:
6/19-6/25:

6/26-7/2: Summer2018:sunny:

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
1685200569198.png

Maybe more who I would aspire to be... at least with the bravery part.

The Little Mermaid was really good, the only thing that didn't resonate with me was Triton not seeming physically big enough

Yesterday was perfection, Whidbey Island is so close (you look across the water at it from the beach at the Fort) yet geographically so different. Didn't really have anything laid out to do today except to clean house, but I've decided to drive to Gig Harbor (an hour away) to return somethings at JJill and shop at the super fancy grocery store there. Then I'll clean house and do some gardening and get in a good long walk... with all the driving yesterday I was way under in steps.

I can take next week if someone would be kind enough to start the thread.

We just got back from the local arts and crafts fair. Didn't stay long as it was crowded but stopped at a couple of our go-to vendors. Ended up getting a jar of "monkey jam" which I am super excited about...banana, pineapple and mango yum-o. If you want a great read about a wonderful local business check this out. If you ever see them at a fair near you or find yourself in RI stop by the store you will not be disappointed. https://www.providencejournal.com/s...op-owned-autistic-little-love-mom/6321658001/
Lots of steps in between last weeks trip to the zoo, a walk on Thursday night, today's trip to the fair and a track meet Friday night. The DSs did well in their meet. I was there for the beginning then took DD home while DH stayed with the boys. On the ride home DD and I listened to margarittaville radio and one of my favorite songs came on (its my job) so of course I blasted it. I sang, very off key, as loud as I could while DD giggled and tried to sing along in her little way. Was a very nice little moment.
Planning on a trip to a&w for dinner tonight....glad a had a salad with baked chicken for lunch. I made chicken the other night that I had marinated in Italian dressing and brown sugar. Topped a reheated piece with some lettuce, spinach and arugula with Italian dressing so yummy and was nice and light before our trek to the fair...but hearty enough I didn't come home famished.
Screenshot_20230527_154650_Chrome.jpg

HI! I have been on WW since January of 2022 (for this current round) and as of today am down 90 pounds. I was ALMOST to my 100 mark but May has NOT been kind to me! DH has suffered some massive medical issues and so its been alot of hospital stays, fast food, and stress. I am looking forward to June!!

This is what I posted on my WL YouTube Channel:

So - thought I would give ya'll an update - May has really been a rough month. Life has SMACKED ME in the face with all of Sam's medical issues that have went on and all of the eating out has caused about a 10 pound(ish) gain, so while I was SO CLOSE to reaching that 100 pound goal by the end of May, it simply wasn't meant to be.

May has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and quite frankly, emotional eating. I can do one of two things: I can give up - throw up my hands - say that since i have gained and had a hard month, that I am doomed to fail again and just go back to being over 300 pounds

OR - OR!!!!! I can say - May is almost over. May has been a CRAP SHOOT and a **** HOLE. (I mean, am I wrong?)
BUT - BUT!!! June is ALMOST HERE!! June is reaching out for me with both arms like I am a toddler learning to walk, and saying - keep on walking - I am here to catch you and it will be ok. I'm a NEW MONTH! With NEW GOALS AND NEW POSSIBILITIES!!

THAT is what is keeping me going. Will I have some weight to re-loose? Yes.
Will I need to DOUBLE DOWN if I want to make that goal by July? Yes! CAN I DO IT? YES I CAN!!

Are we allowed to share YouTube links in this thread? If not, my channel name is Lena's Weight Loss Diary if you want to follow along on my journey! (I started it when I lost 50 pounds last summer so the fist 50 is on my main YT channel - prob should have given it a dedicated one from the start, but oh well!

HI! I have been on WW since January of 2022 (for this current round) and as of today am down 90 pounds. I was ALMOST to my 100 mark but May has NOT been kind to me! DH has suffered some massive medical issues and so its been alot of hospital stays, fast food, and stress. I am looking forward to June!!

This is what I posted on my WL YouTube Channel:

So - thought I would give ya'll an update - May has really been a rough month. Life has SMACKED ME in the face with all of Sam's medical issues that have went on and all of the eating out has caused about a 10 pound(ish) gain, so while I was SO CLOSE to reaching that 100 pound goal by the end of May, it simply wasn't meant to be.

May has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and quite frankly, emotional eating. I can do one of two things: I can give up - throw up my hands - say that since i have gained and had a hard month, that I am doomed to fail again and just go back to being over 300 pounds

OR - OR!!!!! I can say - May is almost over. May has been a CRAP SHOOT and a **** HOLE. (I mean, am I wrong?)
BUT - BUT!!! June is ALMOST HERE!! June is reaching out for me with both arms like I am a toddler learning to walk, and saying - keep on walking - I am here to catch you and it will be ok. I'm a NEW MONTH! With NEW GOALS AND NEW POSSIBILITIES!!

THAT is what is keeping me going. Will I have some weight to re-loose? Yes.
Will I need to DOUBLE DOWN if I want to make that goal by July? Yes! CAN I DO IT? YES I CAN!!

Are we allowed to share YouTube links in this thread? If not, my channel name is Lena's Weight Loss Diary if you want to follow along on my journey! (I started it when I lost 50 pounds last summer so the fist 50 is on my main YT channel - prob should have given it a dedicated one from the start, but oh well!
:welcome:

I can start it for you. - Do you have a thread name in mind?

(I'm not sure which week I can take myself yet. - I'm waiting on a family member's health stuff to see if I need to go and help out for a few days.)
I was trying to come up with something witty but...I got nothing. Was going to say hot girl summer or something like that but don't want to dissuade any of our dis dudes or non-binary folks from hoping on our little bandwagon here.

So something like JUNE 2023 W.I.S.H-sunscreen, extra water and other healthy choices? JUNE 2023 W.I.S.H-new season, new start? JUNE 2023 W.I.S.H-long days, pleasant nights, healthy choices?

Happy Sunday of a long weekend! As you know, I am *so* ready for summer to get here.

To that end, I don't want to add in hosting a week in June, but I'll for sure do a July once chemo is on the rearview mirror.

I've been working hard to find things other than food to distract myself from the impending infusion deadline. Thank goodness it's only two more because I swear, as soon as I start to feel better, my brain goes to, "Yeah, but not for long. Things are going to suck again real soon now, just you wait!"

Between having no immune system and no sun tolerance (a fun side effect of chemo), I've been feeling incredibly restless and limited with the things I am a able to do at home. Books, TV, Dis, working out: nothing has been fulfilling. And, boredom is one of my top food triggers, second only to stress. Yesterday, after some significant fiddling, Hubby managed to get our Wii (the original) hooked back up to the TV and I spent hours playing Super Mario Galaxy. I know that doesn't sound like a particularly "healthy" day, but I had already done a strength workout and it kept me out of the pantry that whole time. I'm sure my attention here will wane as well, but I just need it to keep me going for a couple more weeks...

Time for a quick breakfast and morning run before the sun gets too hot for me. :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Happy Sunday of a long weekend! As you know, I am *so* ready for summer to get here.

To that end, I don't want to add in hosting a week in June, but I'll for sure do a July once chemo is on the rearview mirror.

I've been working hard to find things other than food to distract myself from the impending infusion deadline. Thank goodness it's only two more because I swear, as soon as I start to feel better, my brain goes to, "Yeah, but not for long. Things are going to suck again real soon now, just you wait!"

Between having no immune system and no sun tolerance (a fun side effect of chemo), I've been feeling incredibly restless and limited with the things I am a able to do at home. Books, TV, Dis, working out: nothing has been fulfilling. And, boredom is one of my top food triggers, second only to stress. Yesterday, after some significant fiddling, Hubby managed to get our Wii (the original) hooked back up to the TV and I spent hours playing Super Mario Galaxy. I know that doesn't sound like a particularly "healthy" day, but I had already done a strength workout and it kept me out of the pantry that whole time. I'm sure my attention here will wane as well, but I just need it to keep me going for a couple more weeks...

Time for a quick breakfast and morning run before the sun gets too hot for me. :sunny::sunny::sunny:
:hug: I think you're doing great in a really tough situation!!

And I get what you mean about boredom being an eating trigger. - It's definitely mine as well.

Enjoy your game with no guilt!

You are doing amazing!! You are so close to the end of this and we will all be cheering you on to the finish line!!!

It’s so hard to be restricted from doing what you would rather be doing. Boredom is a big trigger for me too. I’m happy that you can see the end of this challenging chapter in your sights.

Last edited:
:hug: I think you're doing great in a really tough situation!!

And I get what you mean about boredom being an eating trigger. - It's definitely mine as well.

You are doing amazing!! You are so close to the end of this and we will all be cheering you on to the finish line!!!

It’s so hard to be restricted from doing what you would rather be doing. Boredom is a big trigger for me too. I’m happy that you can see the end of this challenging chapter in your sights.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

With all the things I'm not allowed to do right now, it feels like there's a big hole and boy would it be easy to try to fill it with food. But, an ice cream sundae isn't actually what I want, either, and there's no point in being self destructive on top of what the world is already throwing at me.

But, seriously, the things I'm going to do when I have white blood cells. SO MANY INDOOR ERRANDS!! When you're craving a trip to the grocery store, you know things are rough. :rotfl2:

One of my self care goals for today is to try to eat within my calorie budget in spite of the holiday temptations.

DD who is spending the day in NYC, but will be home for dinner, wants Hummel natural casing hot dogs (my favorite) with King’s Hawaiian rolls for dinner. I can’t remember the last time I had a delicious deli hot dog that snapped back as I bit into it. I will limit myself to one even though I will want two. I’m making Bush’s Vegetarian baked beans (less calories than Country Style) to go with them. Fortunately, I'm not craving s'mores yet. The sugar-free Jello pudding cups with Reddi Whip are doing the trick right now. I have to treat myself on holidays so I won't revolt, but since I’m trying to treat my weight loss as a lifestyle rather than a restrictive diet, portion control is an important habit for me to adopt.

My other self care goal for today is to get some much needed Vitamin D in the form of glorious warm :sunny:SUNSHINE:sunny: and go for a swim in the pool. DH has taken advantage of the fact that my allergies have kept me in the house for several weeks and ignored the pool. Here we have this beautiful heated pool that was open in April, but he stalled dealing with the chemicals etc., and worked on other things in the backyard. Hello!!! It's Memorial Day weekend, and I don't think I'm asking a lot. I want to make up for lost time, get outside in today's 80 degree weather, swim some laps, and lie on my pineapple float. I'm sooooo pale, and I can't go to Cape Cod looking like this. (I know that I will pay for it later since the pollen is severe, but I just want one day.) He's giving me a bit of 'tude because this means that he has to focus on the pool this morning instead of weeding. Oh please...

Last edited:
Just two more slots left. Let's see if we can get them covered before June so we don't have last minute issues...

5/29-6/4: ShannyMcB:sunny:
6/5-6/11: PAsFab5:sunny:
6/12-6/18:
6/19-6/25:

6/26-7/2: Summer2018:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter