MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

I got villain - I wouldn't have guessed I'm a villain, but reading the description, it does sound kind of like me and truthfully, I'm really not a princess, so I guess villain it is!

We went to see the Are you there God, It's Me Margaret movie too. I loved it. DH didn't quite "get" it, which I understand. But it was definitely a well put together movie!

Also love this graphic!

The last few days I've had moments of spontaneous happiness, which makes me, well, so very happy. The magnitude of how moving here has changed my life becomes more apparent everyday: I am shifting on a cellular level in ways I didn't think were possible and I am so thankful and proud of myself for pulling this together.

And... I saw 193.2 on the scale this morning. Halleluiah! I am now entering an area of wonderland that I haven't been in in over 8 years. If I can continue and make my pre-cruise goal I'll be around 188 which is astounding to me.

MOTIVATION MONDAY

a16us0cde0o69qlulfic.jpeg

What dreams are motivating you this week?

My motivation this week... the cruise for sure, which is now just 28 days away! I did my test packing yesterday and have plenty of room for what I think I'll take. And I don't need to buy any more clothing, not saying I won't but I do have what I'll need.

Other motivation is to keep on track with the weight loss. In addition to calorie counting, I've found that I no longer need the dopamine and numbing effects from sugar so I'm having very little... but I do still like sugar so need to be mindful.

TOPIC TUESDAY
IMG_0965.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg
I need to say this over and over again to myself. I’m working hard on good daily habits and losing weight s l o w l y.

When I slip up, I let it go. I ate my feelings all weekend…very stressful days for me…everything ended up being okay, but I had two scary days. Unfortunately despite my commitment and best efforts, I used food as a coping mechanism.

This morning, I let it go. I weighed myself and I was up two pounds. That’s hard to see knowing how long it takes for me to lose weight.

I’m back at it. I ate well today. I walked extra steps, and my legs are sore. Tomorrow I will do the same, after all, “success is the product of daily habits…”

Catching up from the yesterday...

I love the graphic! I have such guilt feelings on days when I do nothing! DH is much better than I am, but I feel like he works harder when he works and he rests "harder" when he rests. There are definite benefits in just taking a break though and I need to remind myself of that when I do it.

Motivation Monday - my motivation this week is to get back on track. We had way too much going on this weekend and I celebrated way too much. I was up 2 pounds this morning, but I was doing pretty good for the month, so I'm hoping I can still end the month down a bit. The think is, I know I can do it, I just have to!

Thank you for taking another week @Summer2018. I'll take a week next month for the first time. I'm kind of new here, but I can follow the format and do a week.

My motivation this week is the scale. I'm too far up! So in addition of being more mindful of what goes in my mouth, my plan is to walk 10,000 steps every work day. That really just means going for a short walk after work.

Today after work I grabbed DH and he grabbed his drill set and we walked back to my work. I bought some cup hooks for one of our little coffee rooms and he installed them. Very nice to get the mugs off the shelf!

“success is the product of daily habits…”
I love today's quote!! I've read Atomic Habits before and found it really helpful! (I follow James Clear on Instagram as well.)

Motivation this week is just getting back in routines. I made a quick trip to Florida over the weekend to surprise my Dad for his birthday. Everything went off beautifully, but I didn't exactly count calories or follow my normal exercise habits, so I have a little catching up to do this week.

@Summer2018 thank you for taking this week!!!

Love the quote today!!

I got off track for a few weeks and always had a excuse about why I “couldn’t” or should wait” to weigh myself and once I did weight myself I was up 2lbs (this is clearly a trend for all of us 😂)

So motivation is getting this weight off and hopefully slowly but surely getting down a bit more to where I need to be.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!

A little off the rails yesterday... after saying I had sugar under control I treated myself with some little angle food cakes to have with berries and of course once they were in the house they had to be eaten, so they didn't last long. And they showed on the scale this morning, so lesson learned and on we go, back to the little habit of not having sugar in the house, if I want some I go have some, one serving, and that's it.

So true! I follow Jordan Syatt (I like his no-nonsense approach, but he does use not so nice language). He talks about how Consistency beats Intensity. We have to keep plugging away and we will slowly see the changes we are trying to bring about!

Thanks for the great reminder! Glad everything turned out ok over your weekend.

Hi friends! Emerging back from my post-chemo dumps. 10 down, 2 to go. Time to put myself back on the "healthy habits" train so that I treat my body the best I realistically can for the next week and a half. We're having a lunch and learn at work, so I picked a yummy salad instead of something deep fried...
Glad you're starting to feel better :hug:

Hello folks! It has been a busy few days and looking at the calendar for the next month is making me anxious. All good, end of school year stuff, but the logistics that go with getting everyone where they need to be....oooof.
Managed two good walks last week, one Thursday night and one Friday while on a conference call. I really need to find more calls I can take on the move, hopefully a few are coming up.
Today's topic is a good one. I feel like often I get healthy habits going and do well for awhile and then something goes "bump" and I'm back at square one. Some of it is laziness I'm sure and some of it is, I don't know, slumps hit me worse than they used to....going to hope it's simply age/hormones. Hoping some extra vitamin d from the longer days may help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter