May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I am OK with an earlier Meet and Greet. I do not have a preference as to 2:30 or 3 start.

Bobbi:)

My preference would be late as possible. Not sure what time we will be embarking since we will be meeting up with my daughter's friend in the morning for breakfast.

Geri

Hi All:cool1::cool1:

Any time is a good time for me as far as the meet and greet goes. I headed up all the meets, info,fe exchange and so-forth :laundy: for the last 2 cruises and I am just cruising on this one, so yes any time :hourglass is a good time..Great site Jeff and of course carry on. By the way is there a list or a group for mixology-tasters elite :drinking1 going on at all, if so please let me know. thanks :worship: Have a great day everyone party:

Does anyone have an issue with moving the Embarkation Meet & Greet to before the Muster Drill, say at 2:30 pm or 3 pm? With a guests aboard time of 4 pm, the Drill will likely happen at 4:15 with a sail away at 4:45 ish.

I'm all for the earlier time. We want to be at the party as we pull out.

Hi all,
It sounds like in the past there are not too many kids on this sailing. Just wondering who out there has kids in the 3-6ish range? My daughter will be turning 5 right after the cruise (5/20) and my son will be 3 in June. We are very much working on wrapping up potty training so he can go in to ocean club as we were told if they turn 3 with in 2 months of the cruise and are potty trained they can.
Anyhow, would like to connect with other cruisers with kids this age. Maybe we can do a side group at meet & greet or have a separate meet & greet or activities?
Thanks!

When it comes to the meet and greet I am the party pooper big time. After 13 cruises I have developed into a routine. Normally between 2/2:30 and the drill we are unpacking. I oh to the still in my swim stuff. Right after the drill I head to the cove to relax in the hot tub for a short bit before early dinner. So I don't even do sail away. Been there done that to many times. So my vote is anytime you all want is good with me as I will either be unpacking or lounging in a hot tub. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

OK, meet up changing to 3 o'clock. We like Sail Away too, so works for me.

We have plenty of people for 1 mixology. A few more and we'll have to break it into 2 which is not a problem at all if we need it.

For the rest of the tastings, we need about 5 or 6 more each to make a full group. We've still got plenty of time so I expect that won't be a problem for tequila, martini and champagne.

There have been scattered 'other' request, most for chocolate (which I think is part of a wine tasting) but still not near enough to make a full group.

If anyone hasn't joined yet who's interested, be sure to fill out the form (link on the first page). The more the merrier!!!

As it gets closer to cruise time I'll need either your stateroom numbers or reservation numbers if you're GTY to send to Disney for room charges. We'll take care of that when the time comes.

:wave2: I am so excited :yay: to finally be on the PC! In the past, it was either sold out, too expensive or the wrong timing.

I booked this week after one of my friends said she was doing the EBTA because its rates were better than the OGT ones for this cruise. Of course, I had to check prices! She was right - the TA is cheaper, but this one has been calling my name.

I'm doing my first long-cruise solo experience; I don't know if I'd try it on another cruise line - DCL is fairly much like home :goodvibes so I shouldn't get too homesick :sick:

Thanks to those who have mentioned SAS Shuttle, I'm flying into FLL and secured a Hilton Garden Inn room for < $100 :) The postive reviews for SAS on Yelp! reviews are additional confirmation that I have made the right choice.

Now I'm in the search for port adventures! I'm hoping to do a half-day Seaplane trip to Dry Tortugas National Park while we're in Key West.

And I'm on a hunt for the right ATV excursion in Puerto Vallarta. When we stopped there previously, we did a Tequila Tasting Tour - one sip was enough; to each their own. (Why doesn't this ship stop at the Coca Cola tour or in Reims, France, for champagne?)

I know little-to-nothing about Cartagena except that I MUST visit it - that'll add another continent to my Been There List, leaving only Antartica and Australia. I found out New Zealand is not part of that continent :(

Thanks Jeff Spencer (my next-town neighbor) for some good excursion ideas. We're both in North Alabama, house-bound from several inches of snow (which is a fairly rare thing here). The time is flying as I work to plot my adventures.

For those who are waiting to book Palo, as of this morning there are still lots of Brunch availabilities on
Days 6, 9, 11, 12, and 15. No availability showing for Panama Canal or Sunday, May 11 (would that be Mother's Day?)

aan1701 (Alan) works for SWA, but I'm pretty sure he works in an area not involved with pricing and sale schedules ;)

I debated whether to buy my airfare now or wait a little, then one ticket went down $10 overnight and I jumped - I couldn't even hold out for Tuesday's prices. In the last few years, I have seen the cost of tickets go up after I bought mine; I hope the opposite doesn't happen this time.

I finally decided schedule mattered more than cost (and managed to come out okay, although I bought tickets rather than cashing in miles, as I had intended). The idea of biding my time in San Diego, waiting for an 8pm flight just wasn't appealing. I opted to take a mid-day n/s flight on SWA to ATL, claim my bags and do the 20 min jump home on Delta. Keeps me off the red-eye!

Welcome on board. It will be great to sail with you again.

Corinna

Hi everyone!! This will be our second cruise and we are so excited.

We just signed up for the FE exchange and want to make sure we made it on the list.

Wondered how many kids around 13 there are going to be on this cruise. Our son who is 13 would love to meet up with some new friends.

Ann

Hi everyone!! This will be our second cruise and we are so excited.

We just signed up for the FE exchange and want to make sure we made it on the list.

Wondered how many kids around 13 there are going to be on this cruise. Our son who is 13 would love to meet up with some new friends.

Ann

Welcome on board.

Corinna

I just filled out the form for the FE exchange and want to make sure we made it on the list. Our username is ladgen3 and there are 3 of us. We don't have a stateroom # yet.

What is the Secret Mickey? We may want to join that too.

Thanks
ann

We have plenty of people for 1 mixology. A few more and we'll have to break it into 2 which is not a problem at all if we need it.

For the rest of the tastings, we need about 5 or 6 more each to make a full group. We've still got plenty of time so I expect that won't be a problem for tequila, martini and champagne.

There have been scattered 'other' request, most for chocolate (which I think is part of a wine tasting) but still not near enough to make a full group.

If anyone hasn't joined yet who's interested, be sure to fill out the form (link on the first page). The more the merrier!!!

As it gets closer to cruise time I'll need either your stateroom numbers or reservation numbers if you're GTY to send to Disney for room charges. We'll take care of that when the time comes.

Not having been on a disney cruise before, could you please explain the tastings, where are they held, what does it involve, is there a cost or do we bring something to taste?

Hi all, It sounds like in the past there are not too many kids on this sailing. Just wondering who out there has kids in the 3-6ish range? My daughter will be turning 5 right after the cruise (5/20) and my son will be 3 in June. We are very much working on wrapping up potty training so he can go in to ocean club as we were told if they turn 3 with in 2 months of the cruise and are potty trained they can. Anyhow, would like to connect with other cruisers with kids this age. Maybe we can do a side group at meet & greet or have a separate meet & greet or activities? Thanks!

My son will be almost 4 on the cruise. We would love to meet you!

I just filled out the form for the FE exchange and want to make sure we made it on the list. Our username is ladgen3 and there are 3 of us. We don't have a stateroom # yet.

What is the Secret Mickey? We may want to join that too.

Thanks
ann

Secret Mickey is a bit like Secret Santa. You get one person to buy for. When you sign up, you fill in a questionnaire with some information about you (likes, dislikes, favourite character, allergies, etc.) and you will be provided with this information for the person you are buying for. There is a spending limit. If I remember correctly it is $25 for this one. You then get a gift or multiple gifts for your Secret Mickey. Personally I like to give little "thinking of you"gifts throughout the cruise like some candy, a magnet, a key chain, etc and then I give one larger gift at the end. I have either left the gifts in the Fish Extender or if people did not have one, have asked the stateroom host to leave it in the room.

Not having been on a disney cruise before, could you please explain the tastings, where are they held, what does it involve, is there a cost or do we bring something to taste?

The tastings are organized by DCL and hosted by one of the bartenders. Most of them are $15, but some of them are more expensive (champagne, chocolate tasting, etc.). I think the most expensive ones run to about $30. For the Martini tasting you get 4 half size Martinis in different styles. Usually there is a classic Gin Martini with the option to turn it into a Dirty Martini, a couple of fruity Martinis and a dessert Martini of some kind (chocolate or coffee). For the Tequila and Margarita tasting you get three shots of various ages and sometimes also a coffee flavoured Tequila. You also get two half size Margaritas. In all the tastings that I have done, I got one classic Margarita and then a fruit Margarita (Mango, Strawberry, Key Lime, etc). Mixology seems to change from cruise to cruise. Sometimes you make your own cocktails, sometimes you are given a range of cocktails and volunteers are asked to help to make them. In any case you should get 4 or 5 different cocktails and it is fund and educational.

Corinna

OK, meet up changing to 3 o'clock. We like Sail Away too, so works for me. We have plenty of people for 1 mixology. A few more and we'll have to break it into 2 which is not a problem at all if we need it. For the rest of the tastings, we need about 5 or 6 more each to make a full group. We've still got plenty of time so I expect that won't be a problem for tequila, martini and champagne. There have been scattered 'other' request, most for chocolate (which I think is part of a wine tasting) but still not near enough to make a full group. If anyone hasn't joined yet who's interested, be sure to fill out the form (link on the first page). The more the merrier!!! As it gets closer to cruise time I'll need either your stateroom numbers or reservation numbers if you're GTY to send to Disney for room charges. We'll take care of that when the time comes.

How about you post, PM, or email me the folks that have signed up so far and I'll put them up on the Meets page. That way we can remember what we signed up for. :drinking1

Also, I've uploaded some pics on the Port Pics page of our trip through the locks back in 12/12. Added some pics of Cozumel too. Updated the Roll Call and put a place holder in the Meets section for the mixology. Will add one for Wine Tasting (we always do a couple of these) if people are interested.

My son will be almost 4 on the cruise. We would love to meet you!

That would be great! Maybe at this point let's plan on meeting at the main meet & greet at 3 at Promenade Lounge? If there becomes too many, maybe we can do a separate one. Have you been on a DCL before? This will be our second. Glad our son will be older, our first when he was 15 mo was a bit overwhelming for him. Our daughter loved every minute, she was just over 3.

The 3:00 works for us. Thanks

Hi all,
It sounds like in the past there are not too many kids on this sailing. Just wondering who out there has kids in the 3-6ish range? My daughter will be turning 5 right after the cruise (5/20) and my son will be 3 in June. We are very much working on wrapping up potty training so he can go in to ocean club as we were told if they turn 3 with in 2 months of the cruise and are potty trained they can.
Anyhow, would like to connect with other cruisers with kids this age. Maybe we can do a side group at meet & greet or have a separate meet & greet or activities?
Thanks!
Hi,
My cousins grand daughters are 5 and 7. I will pass this info along to her.

My wife (Susan) enjoyed the "Champagne and Tiaras Princess Meet" on our Eastbound PC cruise in December 2012 and has volunteered to host one for this cruise. If you're interested please PM me (who will pass on to Susan). Meet will be in our stateroom (still TBD). Anyone who would like to consume bubbly, is asked to bring a bottle of to share. Nothing fancy is required. Sparkling wine, Prosecco, Cava are all fine. Snacks will be ordered from room service. This will be done on one of the At Sea days. party:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your wonderful web page. Just spent hours looking at all the links.
There are some great links where people seem to be requesting personalized graphics for magnets. I don't seem to be blue to open most of the links to photos. Do you know anything about these sites! Do you have to pay to order? Etc.

Thanks,

Geri

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your wonderful web page. Just spent hours looking at all the links. There are some great links where people seem to be requesting personalized graphics for magnets. I don't seem to be blue to open most of the links to photos. Do you know anything about these sites! Do you have to pay to order? Etc. Thanks, Geri

Geri, those magnet designs were all done by volunteers. Unfortunately, some have moved on and the links are now broken. I will update the links to more current ones. Also will add links to the photobucket sites where many designs are stored. I can personalize a lot myself too. Still learning photoshop.

OK, added a second link to a current thread where "Barb" is still making/personalizing magnet designs.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter