May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Sounds super fun! Totally excited to hear about the MagicBands. Do tell!

The funny thing is, I found out by accident. I was on the My Disney Experience App and all of a sudden it was a option to select MagicBands and Fastpass+. After I received my MagicBands I got a email asking us to test. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hi folks!

Just a quick note to say we definitely wont be able to make this one :sad: hope you all have a most fantastic cruise and maybe we'll join you on one one day :)

Look forward to reading some TRs next year

Sorry you won't be onboard. I think by the time the cruise is here many more will have cancelled. It isn't 100% sure for us.

The funny thing is, I found out by accident. I was on the My Disney Experience App and all of a sudden it was a option to select MagicBands and Fastpass+. After I received my MagicBands I got a email asking us to test. Weird.

Exactly what happened to me! Got them before the invitation!:lmao:

Magic bands?

We're sailing on the Fantasy October 12th. We'll be down October 11th. I'm not sure where we'll stay for the night. I'm out of DVC points for 2013 so we may stay by the port instead of on property. But we have friends we would like to see.
I can't decide what to do since we will be sailing out of Miami in May. I may dip into 2014 DVC points. I guess I better figure it out soon.

Jen:moped:

Eastern or Western Caribbean? We've never cruised Celebrity, so I do not know what an alcohol package is.

Sorry we miss you in WDW...there will be other times. I hope.

Eastern. The saints plus San Juan.

The alcohol package is a perk that they offer every so often. It's value is $55 a day plus 15% for each of us.
So we received free gratuities, $100 OBC, and the drink package.
Concierge class, balcony for $949 per person plus port fees and taxes.
See why I love Celebrity?? Beautiful ships and some great deals!:cheer2:

Eastern. The saints plus San Juan.

The alcohol package is a perk that they offer every so often. It's value is $55 a day plus 15% for each of us.
So we received free gratuities, $100 OBC, and the drink package.
Concierge class, balcony for $949 per person plus port fees and taxes.
See why I love Celebrity?? Beautiful ships and some great deals!:cheer2:

Wow!

navigator apps and a verandah smoking ban, this thread is a trove of information:yay: who is organizing champagne girls? are any families interested in pj breakfast? we had a great time at breakfast this year:)

welcome, mermaid mama:wizard:
i have a list of all who are interested in fe. fe cutoff will be april 1st, with final spreadsheet sent on the 2nd...to be revised many times, i'm sure:thumbsup2 i'll divide the list into groups based on your preferences (total number of cabins, how many cabins you want, ages, favourite characters, etc..)

hello from kennebunkport. it's cold here.

So you don't plan to release the FE list until April 2nd? We were thinking about making our FE's. One month isn't much lead time. Could you possibly post it on a Google spreadsheet?
Susan

I want MagicBands! We will be there 12/16-26. Finally using our DVC points to stay at AKV.

Huge dilemma now that the MLB 2014 schedules have been announced. The Marlins play the Braves (my team!) the night before we cruise. But I already booked our hotel in FLL -- and it's non-refundable. Should I just eat it and book something near the port (and Marlins Park)? Or should I get a car and drive the 30 min. to the game? We don't even land in FLL until 5:05pm. Ugh.

I need to look more in detail the schedule for the glorious Dodgers. That's my team. I eat, sleep, drink, nothing but Dodger Baseball. I love the game of baseball. I can't live without it. Going on the Dream on 10/6 is going to be do hard cause we will be in the playoffs. Anyway. We have a big day today. Going to Disneyland for the unleash the Villains event with lunch at Club 33. Should be a awesome day.

So you don't plan to release the FE list until April 2nd? We were thinking about making our FE's. One month isn't much lead time. Could you possibly post it on a Google spreadsheet?
Susan

Sorry, my message was unclear. I meant final list one month before! I will send a link to a rough, working draft long before then. I won't have final cabin count 'til 30 days out, but rough draft will base # of cabins people want on emails received.

I have to say I am a little on the fence about these magic bands. I'll be going to see my boyfriend next month for Food and Wine and we will be staying at Beach Club one night and he said that we will be testing out the magic bands and he was asking what color I wanted. Hahahaha! Girls have to color coordinate! I am beyond excited about going to my first Food and Wine and to top it off, my boyfriend is a CM and got offered to stay at the new Grand Floridian DVC villas prior to opening to help test the waters. So we will be staying their one night too. Fun!!

I saw the models for the new GF DVC Villas. They are gorgeous. Tell us how you like them when you return.

I saw the models for the new GF DVC Villas. They are gorgeous. Tell us how you like them when you return.

I saw the models in June and yes I agree, they are gorgeous! My boyfriend and I bought fixed week #47 which will land during thanksgiving week almost every year. I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to make it out this year, especially given the fact that it will have only been open for a month at that time. So I was excited to learn that we will be testing it out! I'll be sure to report back!

Has there been a major change for GF DVC? Fixed week?

Don't they also go by the point system like all the other DVC resorts?

I hadn't heard of fixed week either until my boyfriend had told me about it. I guess they gave this option with Aulani as well. You can also buy points just like all the other resorts. Because my kids have the whole week of thanksgiving off, I knew we would be going during this week often. So I bought fixed week #47, so I am guaranteed a studio lake view every year during week 47. Some years I will be renting it out and then just changing the name on the standing reservation for whoever rents it out. I also have the option to opt out of my week and then I will get points for the week which in my case is 190 points. Those points can be used just like any other points.:thumbsup2

The people who are buying a fixed week are buying a few more points than the week would actually be using the point calendar. If they decide not to use the fixed week one year, they do get all of those points to use at a different time. I think the % of allowed fixed week sales is about 30%.

I hope to buy some points (30-50), but since I have a March UY, we don't get any 2013 points, and I can't see giving DVC our money just yet.

Wow, who knew?? :confused3 Not me! I'm surprised I caught wind of this on a PC cruise thread!
Thank you for filling me in.:thumbsup2

I need to look more in detail the schedule for the glorious Dodgers. That's my team. I eat, sleep, drink, nothing but Dodger Baseball. I love the game of baseball. I can't live without it. Going on the Dream on 10/6 is going to be do hard cause we will be in the playoffs. Anyway. We have a big day today. Going to Disneyland for the unleash the Villains event with lunch at Club 33. Should be a awesome day.

How was it??? Hope you had a fun time!

The Marlins play the Dodgers the day we board! You will miss them by one day. The Dodgers are out of town when we disembark. But the Angels are playing the Rays, who are my second favorite team. I need to decide if we want to drive 90 min. each way to that game. My guess is no, but that's okay.

My grandfather was cuckoo nutso for the Dodgers, too. I went to Pepperdine, so I've been to a few games. I am crazy about baseball as well, and have been in a 14-team fantasy keeper league with a bunch of guys I met on Sandbox in 2000. It's pretty special since we have been playing together so long. Hopefully I won't jinx myself, but I think I'm going to win this year (I have many 2nd or 3rd places but no win in this league). I have a nice lead, but of course, anything can happen.

The Braves have been my team since I was a kid. Ted Turner is the reason for this. No west coast teams had any games shown here regularly. But I could watch the Braves every day. The Rays are my second fave, because I watched David Price come up (I kept him for a couple of years in my league while he was in the minors -- wasted a spot on my bench, but obviously well worth it). One of my two BFFs lives near Tampa now and we have been to about seven games since the boys were born.

I have to commit to the Marlins game on 5/1. If I am there and miss Jose Fernandez, I will have missed the biggest rising star in baseball -- you'll probably disagree :). I love that kid. I drafted him this year, planning to keep him on the bench for at least one, but probably two years. He is a large part of why I'm in first.

It was awesome as always. I have been lucky enough to go to the club 4 times now. To bad I will miss the Dodgers. I would go to the game in a heart beat if I was going to be in town.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter