May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Does anyone know if they are still offering the 20% on this cruise if you book on board? I'm looking at the 2 night Magic cruise in October with IGT less than $500! The 20% would more than pay for the 2 night cruise and airfare.

I haven't heard anyone talking about it recently. We got it in June. I know that when we cruised it wasn't advertised and we had to ask about it.

Maybe pose this question on the regular DCL DIS site?

I haven't heard anyone talking about it recently. We got it in June. I know that when we cruised it wasn't advertised and we had to ask about it.

Maybe pose this question on the regular DCL DIS site?

Thanks! Thats what I'll do!:)

Good luck! Let us know how you do.

I did notice a price increase (on 5B for example), so you may want to book now and re-book when uou cruise to lock in your rate.

Does anyone know if they are still offering the 20% on this cruise if you book on board? I'm looking at the 2 night Magic cruise in October with IGT less than $500! The 20% would more than pay for the 2 night cruise and airfare.

Good luck! Let us know how you do.

I did notice a price increase (on 5B for example), so you may want to book now and re-book when uou cruise to lock in your rate.

Remember the % off deals are only on the current listed price.. When that first 20% was announced, it was still more than our rate since we booked when cruise was announced..

So, until PIF date, it will never hurt to ask when deals are announced but beaware that prices will continue to jump around until after those port upgrades. Also, after PIF, there may well be some excellent *GT rates that become available.

Remember the % off deals are only on the current listed price.. When that first 20% was announced, it was still more than our rate since we booked when cruise was announced..

So, until PIF date, it will never hurt to ask when deals are announced but beaware that prices will continue to jump around until after those port upgrades. Also, after PIF, there may well be some excellent *GT rates that become available.
Ah yes, right you are. Forget what I said.

How much did the prices go up after the cruise was first announced?

We would love to postpone this cruise for a year but are afraid we would miss the 'traditional' Panama Canal with the Wonder eventually being made too big to pass through it. But if we kept our eyes open for a date in 2015, when they first announce it, it would be worthwhile. We paid $2370 per person (not including taxes and fees or deducting the 20% for Cat 5B). Was it much less than that?

Thanks and I hope I'm not being too nosey.

Good luck! Let us know how you do. I did notice a price increase (on 5B for example), so you may want to book now and re-book when uou cruise to lock in your rate.

We did book but figure if we can rebook cheaper, why not try? I'm also military so hoping they come out with a great military discount that I can rebook to. No matter what, we're booked and going! :)

We had this last WBPC(May) booked at a higher price than we are paying this time. About 2 months out(I think) they brought out a fantastic Verandah GTY price. It was worth cancelling our booking we had already PIF, losing the $600 deposit we had paid and also the $475 OBC due, and still get half the money back we paid. It was a no brainer though we did sit on it for 24 hours as we had picked our cabin and I didn't want to get anything less really but it was silly not taking advantage. Almost a whole new cruise money back. In the end we got a great room. I would do it again this time if they have such an offer though we aren't paying as much this time so it might not be as good a deal in the end.

Just wanted to say hello and hope all the newbies:rotfl2: tothe post are well. I just wanted to post the site address to the article on the Disney Fantasy phone app. I did put it on my android phone with no problem from the play store or google store. :confused3Of course it does not activate till you are on the ship but, they will be coming out with one for the Wonder soon. Everyone have a great day and carry on.:firefight
http://www.disboards.com/showthread...pdates+-+wdwinfo.com)&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

Welcome to newcomers to this cruise! We just finalized our pre cruise stay...we will be at Vero Beach for 2 nights prior. :goodvibes

Still early, any one else thinking of joining the Candy Exchange?

Are any others cruising between now A&F this WBPC cruise? We have a RCCL west Carribean cruise set for January!pirate:

Just wanted to say hello and hope all the newbies:rotfl2: tothe post are well. I just wanted to post the site address to the article on the Disney Fantasy phone app. I did put it on my android phone with no problem from the play store or google store. :confused3Of course it does not activate till you are on the ship but, they will be coming out with one for the Wonder soon. Everyone have a great day and carry on.:firefight
http://www.disboards.com/showthread...pdates+-+wdwinfo.com)&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

The app sounds great. And android to boot! I have android for both my phone and tablet. Thanks!

Welcome to newcomers to this cruise! We just finalized our pre cruise stay...we will be at Vero Beach for 2 nights prior. :goodvibes

Still early, any one else thinking of joining the Candy Exchange?

Are any others cruising between now A&F this WBPC cruise? We have a RCCL west Carribean cruise set for January!pirate:

Ohhh, cruise in Jan? Which ship are you going on? Where are you cruising out of?
Ours is in Dec, brandy new ship. Can't wait!
Sorry, still no candy exchange for us :sad2:

Happy weekend all.:goodvibes

Welcome to newcomers to this cruise! We just finalized our pre cruise stay...we will be at Vero Beach for 2 nights prior. :goodvibes Still early, any one else thinking of joining the Candy Exchange? Are any others cruising between now A&F this WBPC cruise? We have a RCCL west Carribean cruise set for January!pirate:

We're doing a 3 night on the Dream after our Disney wedding in January :) It will be our first time on one of the new ships.

I have a 4 night on the Dream a week from Sunday for a fiends wedding.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

We are staying at Vero Beach for 2 nights this November. We haven't stayed here before so looking forward to seeing it. Have you stayed there before?

We are cruising in 2 weeks. 26 nights on the Crown Princess from the UK:yay:, first going down to the Canary Islands and then a Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale. After a week in Vero Beach and SSR we fly up to New York for a couple of nights and then cruising home on the QM2. Getting excited now but it is one of those trips with different climate clothing to take so a bit stressful sorting that.

We are staying at Vero Beach for 2 nights this November. We haven't stayed here before so looking forward to seeing it. Have you stayed there before?

We are cruising in 2 weeks. 26 nights on the Crown Princess from the UK:yay:, first going down to the Canary Islands and then a Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale. After a week in Vero Beach and SSR we fly up to New York for a couple of nights and then cruising home on the QM2. Getting excited now but it is one of those trips with different climate clothing to take so a bit stressful sorting that.

That's right, your TA cruise sounds wonderful!!

We enjoy Vero beach a lot. We either book OVIR when it's just we 2, or a Beach Cottage when we're with family. I love sitting on the balcony, watching the ocean or pelicans and other bird activity. In cooler weather, we like to rent bikes and go on the Historic Jungle trail. It is a relaxing resort, I hope you enjoy it!

:yay::yay::yay:welcome to all who joined us:yay::yay::yay:

216 days

i, too, hope for vgt rates in january, before pif. as is stands, we are paying $1200 more for a secret porthole in 2014 than our ogt in 2013. we'd much rather have a verandah and forego the discounts/credits!

2 transatlantic cruises :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We stayed at DVC Vero once and I was surprised at how much we loved it. Very relaxing and very beautiful.

I'll be interested in hearing about your QM2 experience. That ship is on our bucket list.

:yay::yay::yay:welcome to all who joined us:yay::yay::yay:

216 days

i, too, hope for vgt rates in january, before pif. as is stands, we are paying $1200 more for a secret porthole in 2014 than our ogt in 2013. we'd much rather have a verandah and forego the discounts/credits!

Just wondering. If you go the VGT rates, does Disney tend to give the nicer cabins to repeat cruisers? We would be so afraid of getting a bad location.

2 transatlantic cruises :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We stayed at DVC Vero once and I was surprised at how much we loved it. Very relaxing and very beautiful.

I'll be interested in hearing about your QM2 experience. That ship is on our bucket list.

Just wondering. If you go the VGT rates, does Disney tend to give the nicer cabins to repeat cruisers? We would be so afraid of getting a bad location.

I think as far as your last question goes I don't think DCL allocate the best rooms to past cruisers. It is all a bit of luck really. Though we were repeat cruisers last time, I was so worried about getting a worse room than we had booked but decided for the price and money we would get returned to us that it would be better to have a poorer room. In the end we got a fabulous room. However it is something you have to decide as it is a bit of pot luck.

The QM2. Now we just love the ship. It is beautiful and we love being on her and all that they offer onboard. However I think we wouldn't particularly go on a long cruise on her. We love it for the Transatlantics and getting to and from the USA, but just not sure about a cruise. I don't really even know why and perhaps I need to go and try first:rotfl:. Last time we were on her there was a large group of Amish going over to visit some of their historical places in Europe. Very interesting and a total surprise.

The QM2. Now we just love the ship. It is beautiful and we love being on her and all that they offer onboard. However I think we wouldn't particularly go on a long cruise on her. We love it for the Transatlantics and getting to and from the USA, but just not sure about a cruise. I don't really even know why and perhaps I need to go and try first:rotfl:. Last time we were on her there was a large group of Amish going over to visit some of their historical places in Europe. Very interesting and a total surprise.

I kinda thought a TA would be a cruise... How does one go on a transatlantic ship ride and not call it a cruise? :confused3

I kinda thought a TA would be a cruise... How does one go on a transatlantic ship ride and not call it a cruise? :confused3

I can answer that!
For someone like my husband it would be strictly a mode of transportation to avoid flying!:thumbsup2

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter