May 1st, AKV

Checking in May 6th with a savannah view, but I'm a little worried about the construction noise and work still being done.

Checking in May 6th with a savannah view, but I'm a little worried about the construction noise and work still being done.

I wouldn't worry about noise. The rooms they will be working on will be on the other side of the lobby. I would think at this time only light construction (painting, cosmetics) will be going on. Don't worry and I'll see you there!!:thumbsup2

We went back and forth on whether to stay at Kadani or Jambo because of construction but I think everything will be pretty much finished as far as heavy construction goes.

we will be at jambo may 2-9. couldnot get all 7 nights at kidani 7 months out!

I won't be there for the first, but I'll be there later in the month. We'll be checking in on May 30th. I think we are more excited about this trip than the one next month.

There wasn't anything special for opening day at Jambo either so I'm not expecting anything for Kidani. I just wanted to be there on opening day.---Kathy

I hope that you who are going in September are indeed the first to stay at Kidani.

Back when Jambo was being refurbished for DVC, it had a September 1 opening. September 1, 2007 to be exact. I made a reservation for that time, thinking I'd be one of the first to stay in Jambo. Well, the construction got ahead of schedule and they opened up units with July and August UY's, and those people, people who purchase after I did, a founding member, got to stay in Jambo first.

I was disappointed, because I was one who purchased first, but could not stay there first. I want to put it out there just in case it happens to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter