May 06 - I'm going crazy waiting!!!!

**pixiedust**

Mouseketeer
Please someone - help me! I seriously am going crazy. I have 122 days until we leave and I just don't think I can make it that long! How can I contain myself? I need some suggestions on calming down and getting myself through the next 4 months.

May 06 people - HELP ME!!!!!!! :sad:

Hey there pixiedust~

I'm in the same boat as you are...we leave on May 5. Maybe the time will go faster than you think. To help you pass the time, perhaps you can work on more of the little details regarding your trip. Have you secured any Advanced Dining Reservations to some of your favorite restaurants? Maybe you could read up on some of those spots and spend time deciding the best choice.

It also helps me to buy the latest Official and Unofficial Disney guide books. Just reading them gets me more excited. Of course, checking this website each day helps. I mean, if we can't be there, we can be here reading about THERE...right?

Here's a suggestion....I don't know how many times you have been to Disney World or how much Disney-esque knowledge you have amassed, but maybe you could help yourself by helping others on this board. There are so many people out there that have never been to Disney that need our answers to their questions. Just an idea.

Good luck to you. But I am right there with ya on this one.

We are driving down starting on May 5 and then arriving at WDW for check-in on May 7th. VERY EXCITED, it will be our first DVC trip!

**pixiedust**

If you are going to the :rose: :flower2: Flower Power concerts :flower2: :rose: at EPCOT just find your dates and start learning the songs of that group. :cool1: That should keep you busy for a while :rotfl2: and take your mind off how far away it is. We go May4/12
::yes::
April 21- 24: The Nelsons
April 25 - 27: The Buckinghams
April 28 - May 1: Gary Puckett
May 2 - 4**: The Grass Roots Featuring Rob Grill
May 5 - 8: Paul Revere and the Raiders
May 9 - 11: The Association
May 12 - 15: Davy Jones
May 16 - 18: The Tokens
May 19 - 22: BJ Thomas
May 23 - 25: Felix Cavallere's Rascals
May 26 - 29: The Guess Who
May 30 - June 1: Tony Orlando
June 2 - 5: Arlo Guthrie
June 6 - 7: The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie
June 8 - 11: Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone
** - The Grass Roots Appearance times may vary

I HEAR YOU!!!

We just bumped our February vacation to May 5th and although I am excited to go in May again (3rd time in a row - we're getting used to it!) it is a long wait!

Things we do:

1. I obsess over the itinerary...I have a spreadsheet I fill out every time we go and I plan and plan and plan. We usually scrap about 50% of it, but I have fun putting it together and that's the main reason I do it.

2. Look up the recipes on allears and make one of your favorites - have WDW Night. I made Le Cellier cheese soup, Earl of Sandwich Original sandwiches and Artist Point Berry Cobbler for dinner one night...YUM!

3. Disneyshopping.com...pick up a few clearance items for your trip.

4. Disney movies

5. The DIS!

6. Explore little fun things to do that not everyone knows about. Sure, here on the DIS we might know...but most travelers? Nah. I just discovered the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party at the GF today. I would never have thought of it for my son, but since I mentioned it to him he hasn't talked about anything else...! Look up Fireworks cruises, pirate cruise, tea parties...

7. I am embarrassed to admit this but...go to allears and look up the menus for all the restaurants you have ADR's for (you DO have your ADR's, right? If not...there's a GREAT way to pass the time!! Anyway...) and decide what you're going to order or what you would order if you were having lunch/dinner/breakfast right now. Yes, I do this... :blush:

8. Program the VCR to tape Travel Network WDW specials and watch those when you get an itch. Wednesday is Yacht and Beach Club on Great Hotels.

9. Periodically throughout the day (like maybe say a morning meeting at 8:30 you have every single day no matter what ...whoa...sorry...I'm digressing into personal again :teeth: ) think about what you'd be doing if you were there right now. That can be anything from riding Splash Mountain to getting a cup of coffee in the lounge of your hotel.

10. Read guidebooks and annoy your significant other with detaildetaildetails.

11. Do you like Disney on Ice? We just saw Jungle 3 and will be seeing The Incredibles in March. Check out Ticketmaster and see what's up. Mickey and friends always intro the show and it's a little WDW in your own town.

Anyway, that's the next 109 days of my life will be...hope you find they go quickly for you!!

Wow...I am an obsessive little freak, aren't I??? :rotfl:

Pixiedust et al - we successfully changed our plans from Easter week to arrive on May 5th as well. First stay at the Poly with 8 yr old this time around. Haven't been to WDW since 1994. Have been driving my significant other CRAZY with all the great info I learn from these discussion boards!!!! Have picked up the "Unofficial Guide..." which I actually caught my usually "don't want to plan anything" DH reading! Good to know there are other folks out there as anxious as us! Keep on chattin'!!!!!

I getting restless too. I have done our dining menu about 3 times for 6days and redid them again and now will redo again tonight. :faint: I have written out the things we need to pack individually and as a family. If i see something at walmart today that i think wont be there later i am going to buy it today.I need new luggage but i'm not sure if dh will let me. :love2:

I WILL DANCE WITH YOU BECAUSE MAY 6 WILL BE MY 11TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :dancer: :jumping1:

Hey siestakeys04 - it's our 11 anniversary too on 5/14!!!!! Perhaps you should buy new luggage for your DH as an "early anniversary" present!!!!!!

My birthday is May 6th. I'm going with 2 friends 5/1 to 5/4 staying at POFQ for the first time. (feel free to tell me all you loved at POFQ-I assume you loved it since you're staying there again). I'm actually a bit worried about how to tell my kids (6,5, and 3) that I'm going without them so I'm not as over the top excited as I should be. I don't think I can tell them where I'm going and I'm not very good at lying. I think I'll have to tell them that I'm going away for work and then bring them back a nice gift. I am planning a family trip with them in August.

I love the idea about learning the songs from the Beat concerts bands.

Have you made a countdown calendar? I made one last year 100 days out with plain monthly calendar pages that I wrote the days out on each date and then every day I covered the "count" with a thumbnail picture from prior trips.

You should change the title to who is going on May 5 2006....

I am also arriving on May 5th like many of you. One more trip before my AP expires. That will make 4 trips out of one AP.
I have a cruise booked for April so my main countdown is for that and then this trip is right behind it. People at work thinks I'm nuts.....well I am and I like it that way.

Wheres everyone staying?

Right now my first two nights,Fri and Sat, are not booked anywhere yet but Sun-Wed is booked at BWV with Boardwalk view. I am a DVC member and love it at the Boardwalk.

Lets see how many others are going the same weekend....I bet alot.

Take care and happy planning...
Lori

I think you are my twin! We leave May 7th and I am even dreaming about DW. This is our first trip and I cannot wait! SO until then we could at least drive each other crazy with Disney stuff!

I am Disney :crazy:

Right there with you. 101 days to go.............................................................................................................

DH and I arrive for our May 16 - 23rd celebration of my
50th birthday - Staying at POR as well...
Cant wait..Love this board...

Becky :Pinkbounc

:moped: we;ll be down there may 14 to the 25 hoping to get a good dusting..lol be lookin for a home down there also.disney here we come and come....first time writing been reading forever

I'll be there May 14 - 20 and we're staying at CSR. Every day I think I need a vacation. It's been really difficult for me to stay focused at work. Like right now, I should be working but what am I doing? On the disboards to get my morning Dis fix. :teeth: And next I'll jump to TGM to see how many days I have left. Insane I tell you, Insane. :rotfl2:

May 10th to May 20th and then 5 days at HRH. All the way from England. Boring husband to death with every little detail (and he's not even coming with us!) Keep telling DD(10) and DD (20) only 13 weeks to go. DD(10) keeps saying "tell me when it's 13 hours". :cheer2: They don't realise the planning that goes into a Disney holiday!

Seems like we may miss everyone that has replied thus far.

We are leaving on April 29, returning on May 5th (maybe, depending on how long we stay at the parks.....we may have to find somewhere to stay the night on the interstate).

Staying at All Star Movies.

My fourth trip, DH's 2nd, DS(6) and DD(4) first trip.

I have DISNEYITIS.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter