Max capacity at DL & DCA? What is it?

What is the max capacity for DL & DCA? Do you think that in the weeks after Cars Land opens it will be at max capacity? When do they start stopping people from coming in? What is the magic number? I'm guess for both parks it's 100,000 or so? Touringplans.com has both parks combined at a crowd level of 8 from the Cars Land opening until the Fourth of July when it goes up to 10. I was there last year and touringplans.com had one of the days we were there as an 8 and I didn't think it was too bad. We went to WDW several years ago and went to the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday, and that was horrible busy. We will be in Anaheim at the end of June, just trying to psych myself up to brave the crowds!

Two years ago, we went to DL after Christmas and because of the rain the previous week, many people got pushed into the following week. On the first day of our visit to DL, they did end up reaching capacity and pushing people over to DCA. So of course, it turned into a domino effect the people that got pushed away on that first day woke up early to not get pushed away the next day and by then DL reached capacity at about 10am and apparently DCA reached capacity as well. We were lucky enough to make it into the park on our planned days as we got up super early and got in with no problems but when we got home, I did a search for news reports and there was quite a bit. I remember seeing a news cast of a person being interviewed and if I remembered correctly, the guy was from overseas and unfortunately for him, he wasn't able to make it into the park.

I don't think on a "regular" summer day, you're going to encounter the same level of crowds as we did two years ago. That was a one off because of the Christmas time crowd plus the weather situation adding to it.

Let me just say though that it was crowded. For the most part, people were dealing with it as best as they could. There really isn't much you can do at that point when it's that crowded. It was seriously a sea of people and everywhere, I mean everywhere, you looked, it was people. THe lines were wrapping all of the place for all rides but they must have had all hands on deck because even with all of the people, the ride lines were moving along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter