Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

Morning y'all! I had hoped to post a couple more updates but work has been so busy! We are running errands this afternoon because it is suppose to storm tomorrow and I don't want to get out in it if I don't have to.

You know what means though...trip report writing time!

You're a dadgum liar!

We had been driving/riding for quite some time. In my travel binder, I had a printed copy of the directions and estimated times that it would take to get from point A to point B and then from point B to point C and so on. According to Mapquest, the last 100 miles should have taken (insert how long it would take...because I don't have my notes) but it always always takes and feels longer. Those 100 miles include a lot of stopping and starting, going through small towns, reduced speeds, etc. John would take a look at the binder and time estimates every once in a while and that's when he said "you're a dadgum liar Mapquest!" It was the funniest thing and we laughed the rest of the way to Walt Disney World.

We finally saw the sign directing us to Hwy. 192 which turns into West Irlo Bronson. When we see this sign, we know that it won't be long.

IMG_7204.JPEG

Just six miles!

IMG_7208.JPEG

West Irlo Bronson has a multitude of wacky tacky buildings. They've been there since our first trip in 1998 and some of them haven't been updated since. This cute little ice cream shop was new though.

IMG_7211.JPEG

And this is a new to the neighborhood attraction too.

IMG_7212.JPEG

Hum, not sure what John was trying to snap a picture of but I think that he was just taking pictures so that I'd have something to put in my trip report.

IMG_7216.JPEG

Woo hoo! Look! Just one more more! One more!

IMG_7217.JPEG

1/2 mile!

IMG_7219.JPEG

We took the exit, went around the big loop and ta da. We were on Walt Disney World property!

IMG_7222.JPEG

**Up next: Hello beautiful! It's nice to see you again!

Hello beautiful! It's nice to see you again!

Over the years, John has learned that pictures are an important part of trip reports. So, as soon as we got on property, he started taking pictures. Lots of pictures. Last trip, the pictures that he took were pretty sucky. But he wasn't having that this time. He started snapping picture after picture. How many? Let me show you how many.

IMG_7224.JPEG

IMG_7225.JPEG

IMG_7226.JPEG

IMG_7227.JPEG

IMG_7228.JPEG

IMG_7229.JPEG

IMG_7230.JPEG

IMG_7231.JPEG

He did a good job!

Hello beautiful! It's nice to see you again!

**Up next: I know where I'm going! I'm going home!

I know where I'm going! I'm going home!

John continued taking pictures even after we went through the most beautiful archway you've ever seen. Over to our right, we could see Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios. I'm still surprised that Disney didn't try to hide the backside.
IMG_7233.JPEG

We continued on towards the Epcot resort area.

IMG_7234.JPEG

Usually, the elevator on this mini Tower of Terror is tilting back and forth but it wasn't this time. You'll notice that we are now turning off World Drive.

IMG_7237.JPEG

We were going to our right and towards Hollywood Studios and the Epcot resort area.

Up ahead we could see the new hotel being built near the Swan and Dolphin.

IMG_7240.JPEG

We continued on to the right onto Buena Vista and not long after, we were turning to our right again and onto the last short stretch of drive. There's a Magical Express bus.

IMG_7242.JPEG

Eeekkk! Almost there!
IMG_7243.JPEG

There it is! Our home away from home!

IMG_7245.JPEG

Ugh, van! You are blocking the sign to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort! It had been way too long but we were finally home!

IMG_7246.JPEG

**Up next: I had forgotten how much we love this place!

The last 100 miles is always the worst, you are so close and yet so far!

John got great pictures of the archway! And yay! You are at home once again!

I agree that they could have hidden the back of GE - it looks like they never finished it. I have hopes those trees will eventually do the job!

I had forgotten how much we love this place!

Before Disney's Riviera Resort was built, the entrance to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort was located on Buena Vista Drive. Now, it's on what used to be the side entrance which was used by the buses and delivery vehicles. We turned in and waited our turn to check in at the guard station. You can see the Christmas wreath on the station. The decorations at the resort were bright and tropical and so pretty.

IMG_7250.JPEG

While I was giving the cast member my name and showing my license, John was still taking pictures. It's a Mickey Mouse bus!
IMG_7252.JPEG

Oh I forgot to tell y'all something. While we were driving, I received a text that our room was ready. We were in Building 42 which is located in the village of Jamaica. I turned to the right and then took a left in the parking lot. While I was trying to figure out where to park, John was still taking pictures. Just one more reason that I'm head over heels in love with him.

IMG_7254.JPEG

IMG_7255.JPEG

Before I realized it, I was in the Aruba parking area.

IMG_7256.JPEG

IMG_7257.JPEG

I drove towards the exit so that I could loop back around to the Jamaica area. There's the Mickey bus again! And there's John in the mirror.

IMG_7259.JPEG

Back in the Jamaica lot, we decided to just pull into any parking spot and find our building and room before we lugged everything over. We did grab a few small things from the car... a small tote with the wipes and lysol, my planning binder, and a couple of hats that were on the backseat. We put on our masks and off we went to find our room. Ahh, it felt so good to be back at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. It's absolutely beautiful!

IMG_7264.JPEG

**Up next: Don't put anything down until I take pictures!

Don't put anything down until I take pictures!

Even though we have stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 19 or 20 times before, we hadn't stayed since Riviera Resort and the Skyliner was built. Or since Old Port Royale had been made over. (We had visited during the construction and last trip but hadn't stayed there.) We had been in Jamaica many times and it is where I had hoped we would be assigned to this trip. I used a room finder site and had put in a request for room 4220 because it had a view of the lake, was very close to the promenade, and the walk to the Skyliner looked to be a short one. When I received the text that we were assigned to room 4220, I was a happy woman.

At Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (and with others that we have stayed in), it takes us a little bit before we figure out the best way to get to and from our room. There are a lot of different pathways and the buildings have two or three different access points. Of course, we took the longest route but that was okay because we were admiring the views and breathing in the scent of the blooming trees.

When we found our room, I tried my Magic Band and it worked. John tried his and it worked too. Magic Band check done, we opened the door and we both said "it smells so clean". You could see the extra cleaning measures that they took prior to our arrival. The room was spotless. Even still, I took our the Lysol and sprayed down the beds, headboards, chairs and wiped the countertops as soon as we walked in. We didn't put anything down until pictures were taken 'cause that's the proper trip report writer thing to do.

Jamaica Building 42, Room 4220 is a room with a king bed, and it's a connecting room. Seeing the lights over the headboard reminded me of the trip that we made while they were refurbishing all the rooms. Everyone was anxious to see what the new rooms would look like and I could remember catching a glimpse of the lights and being so excited. Ahhh, it's the little things in life that make me happy.

IMG_7270.JPEG

IMG_7268.JPEG

In the picture below, I was standing over by the connecting door looking towards the sink/closet area.
IMG_7265.JPEG

And then looking towards the dresser and television.

IMG_7267.JPEG

IMG_7269.JPEG

The coffee pot, tea bags, coffees, condiments and ice bucket were on a small tray on the corner of the dresser.

IMG_7273.JPEG

The remote was in a plastic wrap and was sealed with a sticker on the back which indicated that the remote had been disinfected.
IMG_7274.JPEG

The base of the table is shaped like a pineapple. Oh and look! We were in a corner room. Oops, I put my bag down before I started taking pictures.

IMG_7266.JPEG

I love having the double sinks in the sink/closet area. It makes it so much easier when getting ready.

IMG_7271.JPEG

The H2O+ products that were provided.
IMG_7272.JPEG

**Up Next:
Don't put anything down until I take pictures! continued

Don't put anything down until I take pictures! continued

At the time of our visit (and now too), you could opt out of housekeeping all together or have them come in every other day. No matter if you did choose the every other day option, housekeeping would not touch your bed. If you opted out of housekeeping, you could still call and request that they pick up your used towels and washclothes and provide you with more.

John and I both noticed that they had provided extra towels and supplies already. This was underneath the sinks.

IMG_7277.JPEG

In the picture below, you can also see that there were towels and washclothes on the rack above the toilet.

IMG_7275.JPEG

Housekeeping had sanitized the dispensers in the shower and placed a plastic cover over the pumps with a "cleaned" sticker.

IMG_7281.JPEG

Additional washclothes and a bath rug/towel were on the edge of the tub.

IMG_7282.JPEG

Moving back over into the closet area. The extra pillow and blanket had been cleaned and were in a sealed zippered storage....storage...storage... whatever that thing would be called.

IMG_7278.JPEG

The room had an iron and ironing board too.

IMG_7279.JPEG

The safe is in the wall and you set your own code to open and lock it.

IMG_7280.JPEG

Once I was done with the room pictures, I stopped long enough to take a picture of our Magic Bands and a picture of our smiling faces!

IMG_7283.JPEG

If we look tired, it's because we were. I had worked on Friday until Noon. John had packed up the car Friday morning. We drove over 400 miles on Friday. Hit the sheets around 11 p.m. Friday night. Was up and at 'em Saturday morning. Battled gnats while scarfing down sandwiches. Driven another almost 400 miles on the stressful I-75. But we were at Walt Disney World and if there's anyplace that I would want to be tired at, it is Walt Disney World!

IMG_7284.JPEG

**Up next: I'm so glad that I thought of this 'cause we have so much stuff!

You made it! Such a good feeling when you finally make it to Disney property!

There's no better feeling!

The last 100 miles is always the worst, you are so close and yet so far!

Agreed!

John got great pictures of the archway! And yay! You are at home once again!

He did a great job with the picture taking this time.

I agree that they could have hidden the back of GE - it looks like they never finished it. I have hopes those trees will eventually do the job!

As much as Disney likes to hide the inner workings of anything, it strikes me as odd that they didn't do something to hide it. Like you, I'm hoping that the trees will eventually hide it.

I'm so glad that I thought of this 'cause we have so much stuff!

This update is going to be a short one with just a few pictures but I needed to post it before moving on to the next chapter.

Even though it was just John and I this trip, we still chose to put the luggage carrier on top of the car. The weather can be unpredictable and I packed for every weather condition you could imagine. Rain. Sunshine. Heat. Cold. We would be covered no matter the weather. I also packed drinks. Colas. Water. Bottled teas. And we can't forget the snacks. Chips. Crackers. Hard candy. Chocolate. Hi. My name is Lisa and I'm an over packer.

As we were packing everything in the car, I mentioned to John that we should bring along our rolling cart that we use when we go to the largest flea market in the U.S. in Canton Texas. They rent them there for about $30 a day and I was too cheap to rent one so we bought one at Walmart instead and use it every time we go. We could load a bunch of our crap, I mean the smaller items 😆 in it and roll it to the room instead of carrying it. John put it and the small step ladder in the luggage carrier.

I went and got the car while John waited and I pulled into one of the closest parking spots near our building. It was located underneath some giant oak trees and there were acorns everywhere. You could hear them constantly dropping and crunching as we stepped on them.

John pulled out the little step ladder and the unloading began.

IMG_7287.JPEG

Y'all, if you bring a lot of stuff like we do, I would highly suggest purchasing a $28 rolling shopping cart from Walmart. Here's a screenshot of one similar to what we have.

IMG_0885.jpg

All the drinks and the snacks went into the rolling cart and a duffle bag sat on top of those. John rolled two pieces of luggage and I rolled another. We went back and got more and before too long everything was in the room.

IMG_7289.JPEG

IMG_7290.JPEG

I had forgotten to take a picture of this flyer that was in our room. It gave more details on the enhanced cleaning that Disney was doing to all of their rooms.

IMG_7288.JPEG

I also took pictures of the small drink cooler (Disney doesn't call them refrigerators) that is located in the middle section of the dresser.

IMG_7295.JPEG

IMG_7294.JPEG

It wasn't until everything was unloaded that we realized our hastily eaten sandwiches had worn off. It was a little after 5:00 p.m. and we were hungry. So, before we started unpacking, we decided to walk over to Old Port Royale and have us some dinner.

**Up next: Our first Disney meal of the trip!

Great report as usual! I noticed you do not take the Western Way to WDW. Do you find the other route better?

Great report as usual! I noticed you do not take the Western Way to WDW. Do you find the other route better?

Thank you! We have never tried Western Way though I have heard many that do. We've always gone World Drive and then Buena Vista and know our way around when we take that route so we stick with what we know.

Thank you! We have never tried Western Way though I have heard many that do. We've always gone World Drive and then Buena Vista and know our way around when we take that route so we stick with what we know.
Looking forward to the report. Hubs and I have CBR booked after tax season April 24-29.

That's a lot of luggage - I had to look back at the title to see how many days....I get it. Enjoying reading so far and looking forward to the updates.

Looking forward to the report. Hubs and I have CBR booked after tax season April 24-29.

Woo hoo! You'll be at my home away from home.

That's a lot of luggage - I had to look back at the title to see how many days....I get it. Enjoying reading so far and looking forward to the updates.

Yep, we had a lot of luggage and all were full of clothes and stuff for the room. Our car was full!

Woo hoo! You'll be at my home away from home.

Haha don’t get too excited. I generally switch resorts 85 times before we leave 😂 After all these years, I have pretty much stayed at all the resorts at least once. Except for DVC, only a couple. We are considering bringing our 2 new pups along. Which would mean we could do AOA or YC. Or we could bring them and board at Best friends kennel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter