Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

John look at this! I don't know what it is but it's cool!

One of the things that I love about longer trips is the fact that we don't have to be up at the crack of dawn and rope drop the parks. Because if we miss something one day, we can probably see it the next. So, on this day, we didn't rush but we didn't go super slow either.

We walked from our building over to the Skyliner station and there was already a line but it was moving. We could see guests from Pop Century and Art of Animation arriving and being directed to the end of the lines formed by the CBR guests.

We were going to Hollywood Studios and that line went to the left side. The queue moved fairly continuously and we got to this point at 9:48 a.m.

IMG_7502.JPEG

IMG_7503.JPEG

IMG_7504.JPEG

At 9:53 a.m., we were inside the Skyliner cabin and our our way to Hollywood Studios! Now if you have ever read one of my trip reports, you know that I am not just scared of high places but I'm terrified. Downright almost pee myself terrified. I was a little worried how I would handle the Skyliner but I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't scared at all. Not even a little.
IMG_7506.JPEG

I videoed the ride from Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios and it took a whopping 3 minutes and 46 seconds from the time we started until we arrived at the Skyliner station in the park. Y'all, the Skyliner is a great means of transportation and I highly suggest it!

We walked from the Skyliner Station over to the front of the park

IMG_7508.JPEG

In no time at all, we were in the park and on our way to the newest land in the park.

IMG_7509.JPEG

And so did every other person in the galaxy. Even still with the limited park capacity, we were inside of Star Wars Land and I was taking this picture at 10:16 a.m.

IMG_7510.JPEG

Oh wait! I forgot to tell you that I had tried to get into the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance that morning but failed. I would be trying again that afternoon. Look at the lack of crowds.

IMG_7511.JPEG

We got in line for Smuggler's Run which looked a mile long because of the physical distancing markers. Cast members were directing people in the right direction and asking that we stand near the wall and on the markers. Let's try the selfie thing again. Ugh! Need more practice.

IMG_7512.JPEG

Across the way, the Stormtroopers were also directing guests.

IMG_7513.JPEG

**Continued in next post

John look at this! I don't know what it is but it's cool!

Neither one of us have ever seen a Star Wars movie. None of them. Even still, we were both amazed at how well done the new land was. I couldn't tell you what a single thing was but it was all cool.

IMG_7515.JPEG

Tryin' it again. Little better.

IMG_7516.JPEG

There were several women in line behind us and they were pointing to things and kind of laughing to themselves. I couldn't help but overhear them say "I don't know what anything is" and I turned to her and said "we don't either".

By 10:54 a.m., we were in our whatever you call it...spaceship...thingie....y'all don't kill me 'cause I really don't know. Due to the physical distancing restrictions, John and I had it all to ourselves.
IMG_7518.JPEG

IMG_7519.JPEG

IMG_7520.JPEG

IMG_7521.JPEG

IMG_7522.JPEG

Did Smuggler's Run blow me away? Nope. I guess maybe if I knew more about what I was supposedly doing, it would have. Having said that, it was fun.

**Up next: Are you a Mania-c?

Are you a Mania-c?

We left Star Wars Land and walked over to Toy Story Land. The line for Slinky Dog Dash was long as was the line for Alien Swirling Saucers.
IMG_7523.JPEG

IMG_7524.JPEG

John and I figured why not see if the line for Toy Story Mania was long. Given how long the other lines were, I thought that we were maniacs for even looking.
Surprisingly, the stated time wasn't long and we hopped right on in looking at the cool props and pretty muruals as we walked by them.
IMG_7525.JPEG

IMG_7526.JPEG

IMG_7527.JPEG

IMG_7529.JPEG

IMG_7530.JPEG

IMG_7528.JPEG

Look at us go....we were both smiling and both looking in the right direction!

IMG_7531.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Are you a Mania-c? cont'd

It didn't take long for us to near the loading area:
IMG_7533.JPEG

IMG_7534.JPEG

They asked how many were in our party and we were directed to our gate:
IMG_7536.JPEG

Here comes our ride chariot:

IMG_7537.JPEG

IMG_7538.JPEG

We whirled and twirled and John won...of course. I suck at this kind of game but it was a lot of fun!

I was on the lookout for a Buzz Lightyear doll for our pups. The dump shop is a small one and we had to wait our turn inside. We made the loop through the store and left empty handed.

IMG_7539.JPEG

IMG_7540.JPEG

I love how Disney makes the lines interesting going both in and out.

**Up Next: Let's eat at the rat place!

Let's eat at the rat place!

A year or so ago Disney turned Pizza Planet into PizzaRizz; however, it was closed during our 2019 trip. I had read that it was open so we started that way. There were very few people in the restaurant and they weren't taking mobile ordering so I placed our order and waited for our food.

I believe John's was a meat lovers with a side salad.

IMG_7541.JPEG

I ordered the pepperoni pizza with side salad.

IMG_7542.JPEG

The food wasn't anything to write home about but it was not bad either. As most of you know, the food at Hollywood Studios has never been spectacular. The atmosphere in the restaurant was what I would call dated. Really dated. I think it was suppose to look like an old Italian restaurant.

Before going back into the park, we made a stop in the bathroom. I checked the app and it said that the wait time for Alien Swirling Saucers wasn't long. We walked back through Star Wars Land and saw these folks:

IMG_7543.JPEG

IMG_7544.JPEG

Yep, see the line was 30 minutes which was much better than when we arrived in Toy Story Land earlier.
IMG_7545.JPEG

Let's go swirl! And hopefully not upchuck the pizza from the rat place!

IMG_7546.JPEG

IMG_7549.JPEG

IMG_7550.JPEG

I found a hidden Mickey!
IMG_7551.JPEG

Why there's ol' Slanky Dog!
IMG_7552.JPEG

**Up Next: Swirl baby! Swirl!

Swirl baby! Swirl!

While waiting in line, we watched other guests swirl and twirl and it looked like fun. John hoped that it would be better than the teacups at Magic Kingdom.

IMG_7553.JPEG

Here we go!
IMG_7554.JPEG

IMG_7555.JPEG

IMG_7556.JPEG

Thankfully our pizza and salad stayed down...not that I've ever gotten pukey on a ride before.

John got a call from Mama right about the time we got off so we stopped and talked for a minute.

IMG_7557.JPEG

**Up next: Let's try this again!

Nice, huge update! I wish HS had better QS food options. We do like Woody's Lunchbox, but everything else is just "fine". We also like Alien Swirling Saucers much more than the teacups!

Fun morning in DHS. I have yet to try Saucers for fear of it bringing up my last meal. I'm happy to hear it did not happen to you. Did you go upstairs at PizzaRizzo? The room is decorated like a wedding reception area and they play music you would hear at one.

I'm still searching for good CS food at DHS. I do like the snacks there.

I am caught up again! That little Mickey for Leon is adorable! So soft looking.

We like the ABC Commissary at DHS now. The food is really good! Years ago I wouldn't step foot in there, but the menu has vastly improved.

Another person who remembers the lime green Mickey heads! That was really nice of your fellow Diser to give you the extras! I think once the paint samples went away so did the trend on the Dis.

I still have my lime green mickey head keychain I had made forever ago. It made an appearance at Animal Kingdom when it was raining so hard I decided to clip my mini Ita bag to my belt to make pin trading easier with the poncho.

I realized I hadn't heard about lime green mickeys in quite a few years and I've never run into anyone with one at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter