Marrakesh......not great

tw1nsmom

DIS Veteran
We've always enjoyed the counter service restaurant at the Morrocan pavilian at EPCOT, so we thought we'd give Marrakesh a try. We knew we liked that type of food and the belly dancer sounded like fun.

I was excited that we were given a table right next to the dance floor, and while the very brief show was very entertaining (DS 6 was ready to jump up and dance with her), the food was underwhelming.

All of it was incredibly bland. The high points of the meal were DS's kids veggie couscous dish and the chicken kabob that DH had. The kabob was dry, but at least it had a little flavor. DD had the kids pasta and meatballs...no big surprise there.

I had the Beef Brewat rolls for an appetizer (DH and I shared) and they were basicly dry and flavorless. The sweet topping wasn't unpleasant, but the meat filling had no flavor or seasoning to act as a contrast. I then had the brasied lamb shank. Well, all I can think of is that they braised them too long in too much liquid because, while they were tender, they had no flavor at all. You couldn't even tell it was lamb. As for the sauce they and the kabobs were served with, it reminded both DH and I of the sauce in spaghettios.

For the price it was a very dissapointing meal. The service was also what I would call indifferent. Not really bad, but definitely not good.

I was glad to read your post (but sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal). We too ate there and were VERY disappointed. We did not like the food and left much of it on our plates. I read so many positive posts about the restaurant I thought it was unusual that we were not happy with our meal. Thanks for your opinion.

Add us too. We were disappointed and this is usually our fav. restaurant.

Actually, my meal was good. It was DH's that was awful. Our service was bad too. Two members of our party were not on the DDP and we were. It seems that as soon as our server found out we were on DDP, our service drastically declined. (and this was compared to people at our own table).

For instance, we had to remind our server 3 times to bring our drinks -- while they brough the other 2 members their drinks right away.

DH's beef kabob was bloody rare (even though he ordered well done). He sent it back while the rest of us continued to eat. It came back -- still rare but with a hair on top of it. (I told him that's what he gets for sending it back). I ended up giving him the chicken from my chicken couscous.

Because of his experience, he has said no more. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter