marcia's journal (comments welcome!)

Your posts alway crack me up and make me smile! :) I'm glad to hear there are some more natural girls out there; I, too, only put chapstick and oil free moisterizer on in the morning. And, a ton of chapstick, might I add; I use the stuff constantly! Anyway, I hope you are feeling better today; I hope you're not really coming down with something. Feel better and have a wonderful day. You're stronger than I am; my legs felt so tight after I lifted, so I didn't run much. Here's to another day--may it be a great one! :sunny:

satine, thanks for the message! :)

denise, chapstick is an addiction! they totally make it so that once you start you can't stop! i love the stuff! gotta have a stick with me at all times, otherwise, i go into panic mode. no joke. it's crazy :crazy:

i'm still totally wiped out physically today, but i think mentally i'm feeling better. went to bed early again, so at least i know i'm treating my body right, it's just not cooperating. i think it's putting me in a better mental state to know that i'm actually doing the best i can. i don't know if that makes any sense, but it does to me anyway.

so far, i had oatmeal w/pb and banana for breakfast, and i'm snacking on baby carrots. plan for lunch is a tuna melt (what i was going to have for dinner last night until plans changed). dinner, i'll have leftovers of mom's soup because it is soooo good. of course, i'm going to have a pria bar before i run and a hot cocoa after. i'm set to be under target today, so i may add in some ice cream again with lunch :p

exercise wise today, i've got about 4 miles to run. i felt really good during my run last night (it really wakes me up, no matter how tired i am during the day), i wanted to go further than 3, but knew not to push it. so hopefully, 4 will feel just as good today.

on the sleep front, i'm looking at early to bed again. goal is before 10pm. still no sign of TOM, but the extra rest can't hurt.

okey dokey, back to my day at work. i'll check in again later in the day with a full menu report. have a good day everyone :sunny:

Hi Marcia,

Just checking in on you. I hope Dzone won't be too rough on you.
:hug: Beth

Marcia :hug: for you so that you are feeling better. My DD is still home. She's got strep, but the poor thing is just whiped out! She is sooo tired. Must be something in the air these days?!
Well, I truly hope you feel better soon. Take it easy on the exercise and baby yourself a little, okay?::yes::

TTFN-
Sharon

thanks guys, i definitely feel like i'm getting hit by something! must be that awful dzone! this is not normal for me though. unless i've just never really paid attention to it before (like, the fact that this will be the first time through it for me while journaling, maybe i did notice it other times, just didn't put it into words so i forgot about it...if that makes any sense!)

i feel like i'm going to pass out here at my desk. i've been trying to get up every once in a while and just take a walk to the bathroom or around the office to get my blood moving, because i feel like sitting in one place is making me worse! problem is, i'm the receptionist, so i kinda need to be at my desk! uck!

i'm sucking down my water, and i have my pria bar sitting here which i'm about to eat. i don't feel like i'm vulnerable to food (not that i have anything else that i could be eating anyway), i wonder though if there was food sitting around if i'd feel more vulnerable. i bet so. and i did end up having some ice cream with my lunch today because i wanted it. but i'm still going to have points (aps) left over. i definitely *don't* feel like eating anything nutritious, maybe i'll just give in tonight and treat myself to some more ice cream and cookies. i've got the flex to work with, i may do just that (plus, i don't like to eat too many flex thurs and fri since it's right before weigh in sat!).

ok, i just need to make it an hour and a half more, then i can escape to my treadmill. just had to get all that out. because i feel like i might explode otherwise :crazy:

quick before bed check in

b: 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal + 1/2 tbsp pb + 1 banana + 1/8 cup skim = 5.5
s: 1 cup carrots = 0
l: 1 slice wheat toast + 3 oz chunk light tuna pouch + 1 slice amer cheese + 1 cup cucumbers + 1/2 cup mint choc chip ice cream = 9
s: pria bar = 2
s: hot cocoa w/skim = 2
d: mom's chicken soup w/2 oz chicken + 1/2 cup brown rice + 1 cup broccoli = 4.5
s: 1 girl scout cookie + 1 cup mint choc chip ice cream = 9

total: 32 (target - 20, aps - 5, flex - 7) [9.5 flex left]

another cheat free day. that makes 10 in a row! i've never made it that far before. woooooo! :hyper: ok, i'm going to bed now, nite nite!

Even with TOM and the D-zone upon you, you keep up the great work.

I'm a non-makeup user too (except for a really good coverstick and lip baum). The only time I "doll up" is to go out with DH. I just don't like the feel of makeup on my skin and since my skin is so oily (even at 40), most makeup doesn't last anyway.

Dark circles happen - give yourself an excuse to get some rest!

-Laurie

Good morning, Marcia! 10 days in a row--that's awesome! Here's to 10 more! I hope you are feeling better today and that you find some energy somewhere. Have a wonderful day--TTYL! ::yes:: Oh, and yes, chapstick is very addictive--I have to have several so I'm never without one, even when I forget it! ;)

Good morning, Marcia! :sunny: Here's some sunshine for you, 'cause you're so good at spreading yours around the WISH!:sunny: I hope you're feeling better today--whether it's the dzone or some yukky virus, know that you're in my thoughts. Treat yourself right and your body will eventually catch up with your positive :goodvibes. Drink a lot of water.

:hug: ,
Erin

Way to go Marcia:jumping1: I'm so proud of you for making 10 cheat free days in a row. Keep up the great work!!!

Hey Marcia,

I'm just checking in to see how you are feeling. Congrats on 10 days cheat free. That is an awesome accomplishment.:smooth:
:tongue:
Beth

hey everyone, i don't have time to read your replies right now, but i needed to check in real quick. today was a crazy day, i was really busy at work, no time to check here. and i'm in a really weird mental place right now. i don't know what's going on. tom still hasn't hit, so who knows. i ran 5 miles today because i just needed that escape (was supposed to run 4, so it wasn't too much extra, i just hope it doesn't come back to bite me:guilty: ). tomorrow is going to be a total day of rest, because i think i need it. i ahven't eaten dinner yet because my stomach doesn't really want it, but i think i'm just going to heat up some of the leftover homemade soup with a little rice. come ot think of it, i skipped my morning snack of yogurt as well and just had a piece of graham cracker. hmm. i hope to be in a better mental state in the morning, and be able to make it to all of your journals. i feel horrible about skipping them today. i hope you know i am thinking about you all.

b: fiber muffin w/2 tsp reduced cal marg + 1 cup skim w/splenda and vanilla + 1 banana = 6
s: graham cracker = .5
l: 2 slices wheat + 2 tbsp pb + 1 tbsp jelly + 1 cup carrots = 8
s: pria bar = 2
s: hot cocoa w/skim = 2
d: planning on - mom's chicken soup w/brown rice and maybe some broccoli = 2.5

total: 21 (target - 20, aps - 1) [9.5 flex left]

i even have 5 more aps that i'm not going to eat. oh well. ok, i'm going to go watch friends now. and then i'm going to take a nice soothing dip in the jacuzzi. to bed early. sorry i'm not myself today. hoping tomorrow will be better!

**********UPDATE**********

welp, had good intentions. ended up eating ice cream and cookies after the jacuzzi. just wanted them. not sure on points, but i know i went over. oh well. cheat free bear will sit at 10.

Smile, Marcia! :) I just thought you needed that and this :hug: . I hope today is a better day! :sunny: How do you feel today after that run? I'm glad you're taking today off; I think you need it. Don't worry about not getting to people's journals--take care of you! Have a wonderful day and may the sun shine on you. :sunny:

I hope you get well!!! I think it is the week. It'll pass, keep up your positive attitude it'll get you through. And remember we are all here for you always!

Get Well Soon!!

:sunny:

::MickeyMo princess:

:hug: for you Marcia. I hope you are feeling better today. I know how it is since I was under the weather last week. I truly hope you are back to your usual sunny self in no time!:sunny:
Take care and get that rest! ::yes::

TTFN-
Sharon

Hey Marcia,

You are doing a great job. You posted to my journal that you weren't cheat free yesterday. I don't see it. But even if you weren't, you are doing a great job. And please, all that exercise....I should be doing that! Great guns, woman...5 miles! My thighs wouldn't know what hit them! :teeth:

Anyway, I'm so proud of you and thank you for the encouragement and inspiration. Keep it up. And I hope you have a great day today.

Here's some sunshine coming your way........:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

pam, laurie, lisa, denise, erin, steph, beth, micheysdsnyprncs, sharon, you guys are amazing. you have all left me such positive messages over the past few nasty days, and i appreciate it beyond anything you could imagine. thank you thank you thank you!

i am feeling better today. i think it's a change of attitude. last night, i wasn't feeling too great, and i went for it with some ice cream and cookies (have to go up to my last post and edit to add that in). so my cheat free bear is sitting at 10 for now. but i'm okay with this. i know i shouldn't use a bad day as an excuse to pig out, but well, this time, it's just gonna have to be that way.

i think i've discovered that the whole mentality behind flex points is driving me crazy. i feel like i use them as an excuse to gorge myself. and i don't like that. so i know i said i was going to mentally spread them out over the week, but i don't want to have a constant point value. so i'm going to start the wendie plan this week. starting tomorrow (or actually, today could count, since i'm doing really low points today and my fridays on wendie will be low, but whatever). and i'm not doing this because i want to kick start my weight loss or anything. i'm just doing it because i want to have a specific number of points each day (varying a bit depending how much i work out), and not have to worry about spreading my flexies myself. i think the way it all adds up, it doesn't use up all of the flex points, but i think i need to try this.

schedule will be as follows:

sat - 35
sun - 20
mon - 24
tues - 22
wed - 20
thurs - 25
fri - 21

no using aps on saturday with it being so high points. for mon, tues, and thurs, use half aps (med high days). and sun, wed, thurs, use all aps (low days). that's the structure of the plan. i like it. (also works out nice to have high day on sat, especially since i have an anti vday party planned with my best friend for tomorrow night :p)

so like i said, today will be low points. sticking to target of 20, since i have no flex left anyway. had pb/banana/oatmeal and hot cocoa for breakfast. carrots for snack. lunch will be mom's homemade spaghetti sauce w/whole wheat pasta and chicken. afternoon snack of yogurt w/all bran. dinner not sure, but i've got 7.5 points to work with. gotta get some more veggies/fruit in, so we'll see about that.

and tomorrow is weigh in day. i'm kinda nervous about it, having gone over flex and feeling bloated. i'm still waiting for tom. i feel like i should have it (icky body, bloating, etc), but i don't. i'm never really regular, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary, i just wish my body wouldn't be feeling so crappy without a good reason. oh well, nothing i can do about it. whatever it is, it is. and i'm kinda excited about my "new" plan. just a different way to think about things, but still, new to me ::yes::

once again, thank you all for being there for me. and anybody else that i didn't mention above, sorry if i missed you, and i know the rest of you are thinking about me and supporting me even if you don't get a chance to post! thanks again wish, for everything :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter