March AP discounts? Watch thread

...I wholeheartedly agree with you! I've got to really sit down and 'do the math' on PHP vs. MYW. As far as a deeper discount with an AP, I doubt it will be enough to justify purchasing an AP. Besides, if I can save MORE moo-lah on my passes, it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other!

Seems like I missed alot, not able to get on the boards since the change. :earseek: AOL? Sorry I didn't abandon you guys.

We still have to go AP though cause we are going 18 days in march, and want to return in October or December and use it for another 2 weeks+. Come on AP rates.

MAYBE just maybe, wdw is doing these "new" tix & packages, to get people out of the "ap discount" group? Used to be, before the boards, few people knew about it, or had it, we went twice a year 30+ days (and no one suggested it over the php to us.) So maybe if alot of people go with the "new" tix we will maybe get better discounts? Years ago, 35 to 40% was no unheard of.

Lets all think positive. You never know. MKY princess:

We are doing the same-thinking about PAP's but maybe not
worth it?

Buckeye, Mousesavers does NOT always "know before the rest of us." From what I recall this past Spring (when I was dying to make Poly reservations and dearly hoping for good rates), the Boards and Mousesavers were "simultaneous" in their announcement. I think Mary at Mousesavers relies on reports from the trenches just like we here on the Boards do... So when I am waiting for rates, I check BOTH.

Colleen,
Thanks! I've wondered about that and now I know to keep checking here, there, and everywhere!

Thanks,
Buckeye

Hey Buckeye, PS: One of my favorite places, after WDW of course, is King's Island in your neck of the woods. Two nights there makes a nice little family vacation...It's a lot closer than Orlando, too! :)

Yes,
Kings Island is nice to have so close---but I'm a terrible Disney snob. I don't go to Kings Island, but my husband takes our son. Disney is the only place for me... Did you ever see the Brady Bunch episode where they go to Kings Island? Pretty special...

Still waiting for AP rates. I still have faith.

mom_rules said:
We are doing the same-thinking about PAP's but maybe not
worth it?

I am wondering the same thing. We are going for 11 days in June and I thought we should get PAP's because of the water parks in the summer, and PI (We have never been). I'm not sure we will be returning later in the year.

Linda

....I would have thought that the AP rates would actually be out by now, but with this new MYW being offered, I kinda doubt it! :guilty:(which really s*cks for AP holders!)

Called again today and the CM said that her guess was that it would probably be closer to the first of the year. Of course, she was guessing, just like we have been!

...am glad that SOMEONE is actually calling CRO to find out..... :cool1: !

Me 2!!!!! We'll be going back in March!!!! We'd love to use our APs for a 2nd discount (using them at Christmas for the CR) :)!

At this point, it looks like they may make us wait until after Jan 1st. Jeez, I hope not, but with all the MYW changes, I guess we're just not a priority at the moment! :confused3

At this point, it looks like they may make us wait until after Jan 1st. Jeez, I hope not, but with all the MYW changes, I guess we're just not a priority at the moment!

That's what I was thinking, too. Still think there will be an Spring '05 AP room discount code, but whether it'll be substantial enough over the BDP rate to justify us buying an AP -- compounded with the change from PHP to MYW -- made me nervous.

So, I bailed out of the wait and ordered 4 day PHPs from Hotwire. They arrived today (super fast service!!!!), and now I can sleep at night.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Great luck to you all who already have AP's. Again, I do truly think an AP room code is forthcoming. :flower1:

PolyHereWeCome,
I really don't think the discount will be much over BDP anyway. We already have the AP's, and every bit of savings counts. Even if it's just $10 less a night, I'll be happy.

I'll probably call Monday and see what they say.

Everyone have a good weekend!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter