March AP discounts? Watch thread

I called today to make our resort reservation for late Feb and the AP rates are not out. She said to check back periodically as it probably won't be too long.

Does anyone recall when they came out last year? I swear it was right after the New Year, and I was trying to book Spring Break just like I am now... I am glad I got the public code ($114 per night for Carribean Beach for mid-March) but would love it to come down even more.

Now for my REAL focus... We are going back in July (gotta love DVC) but as usual I will be out of points and will add on some cash nights. Hoping for a great deal on WL or Poly! :earboy2:

Last year they came out for Easter week on Jan 2. Easter week was later in April, however. That's why we were thinking they might come out earlier this year. A nice Christmas present would be a good AP rate!!

buckeye said:
PolyHereWeCome,
I really don't think the discount will be much over BDP anyway. We already have the AP's, and every bit of savings counts. Even if it's just $10 less a night, I'll be happy.:D
Yes, I agree with you. Hey, I'd take $10 less per night!!

The AP discount would have to be in the $30+/night range for break-even (we're going 6 nights and the AP would be about $190 more than the 4-day PHP) . Although I'm doubtful that it's going to be that much or more, hey, if it is, then I could keep my hopper ticket and have a good excuse for another trip in the future.

GREAT luck to you all!!! May you all get this "present" from WDW for Christmas . . . or New Years!!:flower1:

Hi to all

Count me in!!! Have ressies at POFQ for March 16-19 at $114.00 per night. Looking to save some money so I will have more to spend......Does that make sense?:):)

Have a magical Disney Day!!

buckeye said:
PolyHereWeCome,
I really don't think the discount will be much over BDP anyway. We already have the AP's, and every bit of savings counts. Even if it's just $10 less a night, I'll be happy.
:D
....but $10/nite savings isn';t enough to justify purchasing an AP in the first place! :guilty:

No, Kimmar, you're right. That wouldn't be enough to justify an AP---unless you want to plan another WDW trip within the year. You would only have to buy one person in your group an AP in order to get the room discount, however, if that would make a difference in your calculations. Food for thought! :D

going to get ap for 2005. curious, does GF have ap rates. going June 16-23rd
and since I am new to doing this.

which AP rate is usually the best for deluxe hotel or does it just depend on timeof year.

thanks

Bumping up. will be going in the spring.

My guess from past years is the codes will come out in early Jan. Highly doubt anything comes out before Christmas, slight chance between Christmas and new years. At the first of the year is my guess. But Disney changes things up so you never know for sure.

Do most of you make your ressies before the codes come out and then call back to apply the codes after? WHO do you make ressies with to be able to do this? Directly with Disney? How about Swan/Dolphin...I used an agent for my last trip but would like to do it myself this time...Thanks for your patience with the beginner questions....does anyone know of a thread that can explain "how to book yourself and save the most $!?) :earboy2:

I always make my ressie first right through Disney & then apply codes later. That is with a Disney resort though.

I have never booked at the Swan & Dolphin, but I called regarding rates once & if I remember correctly I had to call the Swan/Dolphin direct for any info & reservations that I wanted to make. I cannot remember ever seeing any codes for the Swan/Dolphin - but someone correct me if I am wrong about this! :flower:

Called today---nothing yet. The CM says he expects that there will be AP rates, just not yet!

The Swan is full for my dates, but out of curiosity, what are their AP rates like? I originally had ressies there, but the teacher rate didn't look that good, so I cancelled and went with AKL.

"AP" stand for Annual Pass, which allows you unlimited access to all the parks for one year. I think that if you plan to go to the parks for 8 or more days, it's a better deal to buy an AP than Parkhoppers. Some people who like to go every year buy them, then schedule their trips one week less than a year apart, making the AP's a good deal. Disney usually has some room discounts for people who have AP's. They only release a certain number of discounted rooms, so you need to call in a timely manner when they are released. Also, only one person in the party needs to have an AP to get the special rate, so sometimes, if the discount is good enough, it pays to buy an AP for just one person, just to get the discounted room rate.

Hope this helps! Welcome to these boards---you can get lots of advice around here, that's for sure!

jeanner100 said:
What's an AP discount?

Staying @ Pop Movies from March 20th-26th, 2005

The AP also gives you free parking at the 4 major parks if you are staying off site & 10-15% off lunch at several of the resorts & most sit down joints in epcot.

Just returned & looking for AP rates for April & November 2005.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter