March 30, 2014, Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean

In which exchange(s) are you planning to participate?

• Fish Extender Exchange

• Magnet Exchange

Results are only viewable after voting.

dis ms.

<font color=00a0c4>Suffers from Stale Tag Syndrome
I searched for a meet thread for the 3/30/14 Wonder cruise--but didn't find one, so let's do this! :cool1:

I'll start:

Sailing will be me, DH, DS & DD (14 and 11 at cruise time). Also joining us: my DM and two close friends. By the way, I'm Ivy. We live in South Carolina. (The other couple sailing with us lives in Texas.)

Anyone else booked on, booking, or thinking about booking this cruise?

-----------------------------------------
**ROSTERS and FE EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT LIST**

We have started a Google docs roster to help keep track of who's who as the thread becomes more active. If you're sailing with us, and you'd like to be added to the roster, please post the info (as listed below) you're comfortable providing. No pressure. This is entirely optional, of course. :)

stateroom (you can provide your stateroom # later if yours hasn't been assigned yet.)
first and last name
DIS user ID
where you live
first names of family members with whom you're traveling
special occasions you're celebrating (if any)

Rosters:
Cruise Roster https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Y3lOR251UExGTXUtVkVQald6ekE&usp=sharing#gid=0
Kids Roster https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtW_ir9OIA7dExFenZXWjhMNWM2eG84XzBpd1hobnc&usp=sharing

FE Exchange Participant List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Q1dYNFh6Ymc5ZHJpenFYbE12SWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

NOTE:
If you edit the rosters and/or list of FE exchange participants, please RIGHT CLICK on the cell and hit INSERT COMMENT. This is essential for tracking changes. Thanks!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

We are cruising on this date as well. It will be me and my husband and our three children. They will be 9, 6 and 19 months old. My nephew will be going as well . He will be 15. My sister and her husband will be joining us. We also might have a couple and their children come as well. We live in Indianapolis, Indiana. My name is Lindsay.

Hi, Lindsay!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. We were actually at Disney World when you posted. :)

Anyway, welcome to the thread. Eventually I'm hoping to set up a fish exchange and maybe a magnet exchange.

I am really excited about doing a FE. This will be our 3rd cruise, but we have never done one before. So far I three other families that are traveling with us. I am hoping after the March 2013 cruise more people will sign up for our cruise in 2014. Hope you had a great time at DW!!

We did have a great time. It was crowded, and the weather wasn't the greatest on some days, but a cold and rainy day at Disney is better than a cold and rainy day at home, right?

We've done the FE once and the kids really enjoyed it. It was fun to come back to the room and find little surprises. On our last cruise (this past NYE), we did a magnet exchange. That was fun, too.

Well, we just found out our school district changed the 2014 spring break. They moved it back two weeks! So, it looks like my kids are going to miss a week of school because swtiching dates would cost us an additional $4000! :faint:

We are booked on this cruise too and are excited for March 2014 to get here!

Our party will definitely include my wife and I along with our two daughters, who will be 2 and 8 at the time of the cruise. We are also trying to talk my brother-in-law into coming with his wife and son.

Looking forward to the discussions on this thread, and hopefully getting to meet our fellow DISers next March!

Welcome to our cruise. Have either of you looked into any of the beach clubs on Cozumel? We are thinking about Nachi Cocum, but not sure. I like the idea that they only take 100 people per day, but I want to make sure the kids have fun. The water "toys" at the other ones don't really appeal to me. I don't think my kids will swim out to them and use them. They are use to swimming in pools. Even when we do go to the beach in Florida, they only go out to their knees. I wanted to maybe do one of the dolphin swims, but all of them said they were scared to get in the water with them. Not going to waste the money if they won't get in. Glad they told me first:).

Welcome to our cruise. Have either of you looked into any of the beach clubs on Cozumel? We are thinking about Nachi Cocum, but not sure. I like the idea that they only take 100 people per day, but I want to make sure the kids have fun. The water "toys" at the other ones don't really appeal to me. I don't think my kids will swim out to them and use them. They are use to swimming in pools. Even when we do go to the beach in Florida, they only go out to their knees. I wanted to maybe do one of the dolphin swims, but all of them said they were scared to get in the water with them. Not going to waste the money if they won't get in. Glad they told me first:).

I actually have been looking at those beach clubs, and Nachi Cocum sounds like a great place. For the heck of it I checked to see if I could reserve that date (Apr. 1) on their website but got a pop-up saying that day was booked. After a little more investigation, it looks like they only have their system set up to accept bookings through Dec. 31, 2013. I sent them an email about it but haven't heard back yet.

If you'd like, I can post their response here (assuming they send me one!).

Only about 418 days until we are in Cozumel! :)

Heard back from Nachi Cocum Friday. After a few back and forth emails, they fixed their website so you are now able to make 2014 reservations. I went ahead and put down a deposit for my family and brother-in-law's family. That probably means there are 93 or fewer spots left for April 1, 2014! It would be cool if a bunch of DISers on our cruise signed up too - we could have a DIS meet at Nachi Cocom!

Just seen that you replied. I just booked 12 of us for Nachi Cocum. I think this one looked like the best option. My youngest daughter will be 18 months when we sail, so I like the idea of only having 100 people there. We might have another 5 people going on our cruise with us. Our other neighbors are trying to decide if they are going. They will have an 8 month old then and a 9 year old girl and 7 year old boy.

I am so excited about this cruise, but it is so far away :(. I tried contacting a taxi company and did not receive a response. I have heard that many of the taxi's don't have seat belts. This is a concern to me since I have the baby. I believe Nachi is about a 20 min. ride from the port. I was hoping since we had a large party that we could call ahead for a shuttle van with seat belts. I plan on taking my carseat with me.

Any thought or solutions on this? I am a huge planner, so I like to get a jump start on everything.:thumbsup2

Welcome, gortmann65!:wave2:

I just checked out Nachi Cocum. Looks awesome! We are actually planning to renew our vows during the cruise for our 15th anniversary. Our friends will be celebrating their 20th, so they are considering doing a VR too. I emailed the club about their wedding/VR packages. We were considering doing it on Castaway Cay or onboard, but DCL charges a small fortune (on top of the cruise cost) just for something basic. I think a VR in Cozumel would be cool anyway.

So have you guys cruised with DCL before?

My youngest daughter will be 18 months when we sail, so I like the idea of only having 100 people there.
Our youngest will turn 2 about a week before the cruise!

I have heard that many of the taxi's don't have seat belts. This is a concern to me since I have the baby. I believe Nachi is about a 20 min. ride from the port. I was hoping since we had a large party that we could call ahead for a shuttle van with seat belts. I plan on taking my carseat with me.

I saw a post on Trip Advisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...at_for_toddler-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html) that mentioned you can request a taxi with working seat belts and they will accomodate you. We will also be bringing a car seat along for our youngest daughter so I share your concerns.

Welcome, gortmann65!:wave2:

I just checked out Nachi Cocum. Looks awesome! We are actually planning to renew our vows during the cruise for our 15th anniversary. Our friends will be celebrating their 20th, so they are considering doing a VR too. I emailed the club about their wedding/VR packages. We were considering doing it on Castaway Cay or onboard, but DCL charges a small fortune (on top of the cruise cost) just for something basic. I think a VR in Cozumel would be cool anyway.

So have you guys cruised with DCL before?

Thanks for the welcome and congrats on your big anniversary next year! I think doing your vow renewal at Nachi Cocum sounds like a great idea, especially considering how they limit the number of folks. It might feel like a super private ceremony! :)

As for cruising, we have done three DCL cruises before, two of them on the Wonder. How about you and your family?

We're closing in on 400 days until the cruise!!

We stopped at Cozumel last year on our Disney Cruise and went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel http://paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

It was great! It's located 5 miles from the pier, you take a taxi to get there. They have a huge beautiful pool there, it costs $2 per person for a chair, if you want to get the fun pass for I think $12, you get use of the pool, chair, beach and all the beach activities. They had a trampoline on the beach, Water slides on the water. It was so much fun and a great value. You can stay the entire day. The bathrooms were immaculate when we were there. There is a pool bar and food is available for order. We had a fantastic time there and would recommend to anyone.

Just finished cruising on the Disney Magic and booked this one right when we got back with DVC! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and 2nd on the Wonder. Have not cruised the bigger ships yet and not sure I want to. They are so big and I'm afraid won't be as intimate as the Magic and Wonder.

It will be me, my DH, DS (11 at time of cruise), DS (9 at time of cruise) and DS (6 at time of cruise).

Excited to go back to Castaway Cay and Cozumel. When we stopped at Cozumel last time we spent the day at Paradise Beach http://paradise-beach-cozumel.com/ and it was awesome. Take a taxi from the pier, just 5 miles to the beach. Spend the day at the pool for $2 each to rent chair, or get the fun pass for $12 (which I recommend you do) and enjoy the pool, beach and all the beach activities. A great value! My kids had a blast there. There is a pool bar, you can order food if you like, and the bathrooms were immaculate. I only hope it is as good as it was last year when we went.

Probably won't do FE, I overpack as it is, so that would just be overkill for my suitcases. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to planning with all of you.

Marissa

Just finished cruising on the Disney Magic and booked this one right when we got back with DVC! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and 2nd on the Wonder. Have not cruised the bigger ships yet and not sure I want to. They are so big and I'm afraid won't be as intimate as the Magic and Wonder.

It will be me, my DH, DS (11 at time of cruise), DS (9 at time of cruise) and DS (6 at time of cruise).

Excited to go back to Castaway Cay and Cozumel. When we stopped at Cozumel last time we spent the day at Paradise Beach http://paradise-beach-cozumel.com/ and it was awesome. Take a taxi from the pier, just 5 miles to the beach. Spend the day at the pool for $2 each to rent chair, or get the fun pass for $12 (which I recommend you do) and enjoy the pool, beach and all the beach activities. A great value! My kids had a blast there. There is a pool bar, you can order food if you like, and the bathrooms were immaculate. I only hope it is as good as it was last year when we went.

Probably won't do FE, I overpack as it is, so that would just be overkill for my suitcases. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to planning with all of you.

Marissa

Welcome to the thread!

We've just booked this cruise!! It fits in perfectly with our son's (DS11) spring break in 2014. We really wanted to try and get on the Fantasy for spring break 2014, but it would have been twice as much for just 2 more days, ouch. I wish we would have booked a dummy cruise on board the 2/15 MAGIC sailing from Galveston we were just on, but I was a DCL newb and did not know about 'dummy' bookings and being able to move a date. That was our first Disney Cruise and we are all hooked. We booked this new sailing through COSTCO and we will get a $190.00 gift card from them when we return.

We all got into the FEE and door magnets and definitely will do that again.
We had a private google document spreadsheet with all the FEE info. We had 42 total cabins on our FE and we broke it up into 4 groups. Each group traded with about 13-15 other cabins and some opted to trade with all the cabins or the cabins from 2 groups. I can certainly help with this or run it if needed, just let me know. Now I need to go update my signature with a new ticker!!

We loved the MAGIC and are excited to sail on the WONDER next year!
Cheers
Jeff

Welcome aboard Jeff! I think this will be a fun cruise. We've never been to Cozumel before and are looking forward to seeing that port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!