March 30, 2014, Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean

In which exchange(s) are you planning to participate?

• Fish Extender Exchange

• Magnet Exchange

Results are only viewable after voting.
HI EVERYONE!!!! I also looked into the 7 day cruises but they are twice as much for two additional days. YIKES is right. DS1 will turn 11 on March 31st and DS2 will turn 10 on April 2nd. We are beyond excited to share/celebrate their birthdays aboard a Disney Cruise ship. It's just the three of us.
This is going to be our second cruise. We were on the Fantasy for Christmas last year and had a wonderful time. I would love to do a Christmas Cruise again, but can't really justify the expense (again), so thought birthdays might offer comparable excitement for them.

Is one year out too soon to start a countdown ticker? :rotfl2:

HI EVERYONE!!!! I also looked into the 7 day cruises but they are twice as much for two additional days. YIKES is right. DS1 will turn 11 on March 31st and DS2 will turn 10 on April 2nd. We are beyond excited to share/celebrate their birthdays aboard a Disney Cruise ship. It's just the three of us.
This is going to be our second cruise. We were on the Fantasy for Christmas last year and had a wonderful time. I would love to do a Christmas Cruise again, but can't really justify the expense (again), so thought birthdays might offer comparable excitement for them.

Is one year out too soon to start a countdown ticker? :rotfl2:

Nope!

Welcome to the thread! :)

Less than a year to go until our cruise - just around the corner now. :)

A year from today will be our Cozumel day!

Hi! I just booked this cruise for my family ( daughter are 4, and son age7 ) during our Spring break! It is our first Disney cruise ( and my kids first cruise ever). I am super excited and have started daily disney cruise fun facts at dinner. I may have to cut back the frequency or drive my husband crazy!

Hi! I just booked this cruise for my family ( daughter are 4, and son age7 ) during our Spring break! It is our first Disney cruise ( and my kids first cruise ever). I am super excited and have started daily disney cruise fun facts at dinner. I may have to cut back the frequency or drive my husband crazy!

Welcome to the thread! I like your idea of nightly fun facts - we may have to try that at our house. I don't think my older DD would ever get tired of it!!

Here's hoping your first Disney cruise is at least as fun as the planning for it. :)

Welcome to all the new folks! Glad you found the thread.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the posts lately. I promise I'll do a better job from here on out. Anyway, I'm so thrilled to see so much activity on here.

I'd like to put together a Google docs roster including:

• stateroom
  • first name
  • DIS user ID
  • where you live
  • who you're traveling with (include first names if you wish)
  • kids' ages
  • special occasions you're celebrating (if any)

If I've left out anything, please feel free to make suggestions. A link to the roster will be in the first post. I figured that would be a good way to keep track of who's who as the thread becomes more active. Plus, I think it will be a good starting point for any exchanges.

So, if you'd like to be added to the roster, please post the info you're comfortable providing. No pressure. This is entirely optional, of course. :)

Less than a year now! Whoop-whoop! :cool1:

We all got into the FEE and door magnets and definitely will do that again.
We had a private google document spreadsheet with all the FEE info. We had 42 total cabins on our FE and we broke it up into 4 groups. Each group traded with about 13-15 other cabins and some opted to trade with all the cabins or the cabins from 2 groups. I can certainly help with this or run it if needed, just let me know. Now I need to go update my signature with a new ticker!!

We loved the MAGIC and are excited to sail on the WONDER next year!
Cheers
Jeff

Welcome, Jeff!

If you would like to be in charge of the FL exchange, that would be awesome. Thanks for volunteering!

Well it seems I did not have the E-mail notification turned on for this thread, so I apologize I did not see these responses sooner.

I can get the FEE up a running.

Here is our info

stateroom 6128
first name Jeff
DIS user ID FSU88
where you live Perrysburg, OH
who you're traveling with DW - Linda DS-Bryce 12 at time of sailing
kids' ages
special occasions you're celebrating (if any) Spring Break 2014

Cheers,
Jeff

Stateroom# Need to look this up

First Name: Lindsay
Dis User ID: Lindsay
Live: Fishers, Indiana
Traveling with: My husband, Daughter Avery (9), Son Jack (6), Daughter Quinn (20 months), Nephew Ross (15) ages are at time of sailing.

Looking forward to doing our 1st Fish Extender. Starting to think of ideas!!

We just booked this cruise today! DH has cruised before but the girls and I have never been and I'm very excited. We are keeping it a secret from the kids, though, and are going to give it to them as a Christmas gift!

First Name: Nicky
Dis Name: nickymaria
Stateroom: Not sure yet, but I know that we are Cat 4A on the 8th deck
We live outside of Cleveland, Ohio
Traveling with DH and DDs 10 and 7

As for cruising, we have done three DCL cruises before, two of them on the Wonder. How about you and your family?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was reading over the thread to update the spreadsheet, and I just saw this. :guilty: I'm really not this rude in real life, I swear.

DH and I have sailed 6 times previously on DCL: 3 times on the Magic, twice on the Wonder, and once on the Dream. DS & DD have been on 4 of those (excluding our honeymoon in '99 and a Med cruise in '11).

We just booked this cruise today! DH has cruised before but the girls and I have never been and I'm very excited. We are keeping it a secret from the kids, though, and are going to give it to them as a Christmas gift!

Welcome, Nicky! :wave: So glad you and your family will be joining us! That sounds like an awesome Christmas surprise. Your secret's safe with us. :)

I've added you to the roster. If you want me to add your DH and DDs first names, please post them when you get a chance. Also, if you're interested in participating in a fish extender exchange, let me know and I'll note that on the roster as well.

Hi everyone!

I'm so so excited to be joining you!! This will be my family's first cruise, and I'm beyond thrilled!!

My name is Sarah and I will be traveling with my DH Justin and my DD Lilliana who will be 4 in two weeks!

I'll post more tomorrow, just had to jump in!!

Hi everyone!

I'm so so excited to be joining you!! This will be my family's first cruise, and I'm beyond thrilled!!

My name is Sarah and I will be traveling with my DH Justin and my DD Lilliana who will be 4 in two weeks!

I'll post more tomorrow, just had to jump in!!

Welcome, Sarah! :wave:

You and your family are going to LOVE the cruise! Is it OK if I add you to our roster? If so, just let me know. The roster info is in the first post.

Welcome, Sarah! :wave:

You and your family are going to LOVE the cruise! Is it OK if I add you to our roster? If so, just let me know. The roster info is in the first post.

Yes! I was trying to add myself, but couldn't. :)

stateroom: 6321
first name DIS user ID where you live who you're traveling with: harleyquinn; Sarah & DH (Justin) and DD Lilliana (4)
special occasions you're celebrating: 10 year wedding anniversary & my birthday
whether or not you would like to participate in the fish extender exchange; Probably

Yes! I was trying to add myself, but couldn't. :)

stateroom: 6321
first name DIS user ID where you live who you're traveling with: harleyquinn; Sarah & DH (Justin) and DD Lilliana (4)
special occasions you're celebrating: 10 year wedding anniversary & my birthday
whether or not you would like to participate in the fish extender exchange; Probably

Added you to the roster. I put your location as OH since your profile says Cleveland. Is that correct?

Added you to the roster. I put your location as OH since your profile says Cleveland. Is that correct?

Yes! I was trying to add that, but got logged out!

I can't wait to hear what everyone is doing excursion-wise...well everything-wise since we are totally newbies!

Where is everyone flying from in Ohio?

I think we'll end up flying into FLL and staying at a hotel there and then taking SAS to the port in the morning? Anyone else?

Yes! I was trying to add that, but got logged out!

I can't wait to hear what everyone is doing excursion-wise...well everything-wise since we are totally newbies!

Where is everyone flying from in Ohio?

I think we'll end up flying into FLL and staying at a hotel there and then taking SAS to the port in the morning? Anyone else?

As far as excursions, we've booked this beach club for our day at Cozumel. We're also renewing our vows there. :love:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Nicky where do you live? We're in Willowick (Lake County). I'm excited to have a new "friend" so close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter