March 30, 2014, Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean

In which exchange(s) are you planning to participate?

• Fish Extender Exchange

• Magnet Exchange

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excited to see that more people are signing up for our cruise. I wanted to update our stateroom numbers for the roster. We will be in #2019 & #2021. We are planning on having my husband with the boys, and I will have the girls. I will let you know which room we will put the fish extender on. Should I have one for each door, or just one? I have never participated in a fish extender before. Any advice would be appreciated. Just want to make it easy for everyone. We don't have adjoining rooms this time, so I am a little nervous to see how this arrangement works. It would of cost $400.00 more to have a door between us. We decided to make it work without one. I also forgot to say what my husbands name is. It is Mitch.

Excited to see that more people are signing up for our cruise. I wanted to update our stateroom numbers for the roster. We will be in #2019 & #2021. We are planning on having my husband with the boys, and I will have the girls. I will let you know which room we will put the fish extender on. Should I have one for each door, or just one? I have never participated in a fish extender before. Any advice would be appreciated. Just want to make it easy for everyone. We don't have adjoining rooms this time, so I am a little nervous to see how this arrangement works. It would of cost $400.00 more to have a door between us. We decided to make it work without one. I also forgot to say what my husbands name is. It is Mitch.

I don't blame you for not getting that $400 door!

Nicky where do you live? We're in Willowick (Lake County). I'm excited to have a new "friend" so close!

Sorry to take so long on the response (you can tell I'm not a very good Disser lately!) - We're in Shaker Heights. We're actually flying down on 3/26 and staying at a resort in Fort Lauderdale, then we'll drive down to Miami for the cruise, spend a night by the MIA airport when we return and fly home on Saturday the 4/5.

For the roster info (and I *think* we'd be up for an FE? Haven't done one - or cruised - before!) - We are in stateroom 8044 and I'm traveling with DH Tom and DD Tess (10) and Alice (7).

Sorry to take so long on the response (you can tell I'm not a very good Disser lately!) - We're in Shaker Heights. We're actually flying down on 3/26 and staying at a resort in Fort Lauderdale, then we'll drive down to Miami for the cruise, spend a night by the MIA airport when we return and fly home on Saturday the 4/5.

For the roster info (and I *think* we'd be up for an FE? Haven't done one - or cruised - before!) - We are in stateroom 8044 and I'm traveling with DH Tom and DD Tess (10) and Alice (7).

What resort are you staying at? We are planning on flying down 3/27. I am just starting to research resorts. What airline is everyone using? We are flying from Indianapolis, Indiana, not sure who have direct flights to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. I hate flying, so I only want to get on the plane once each way.

I would just do one FE, but it's entirely up to you.

I'm sure the non-adjoining rooms will be fine. I would probably go that route too rather than she'll put an extra $400.

Thanks for the info. I've updated the roster. :)

Sweet! We're almost neighbors! :) This is our first cruise too!

What resort are you staying at? We are planning on flying down 3/27. I am just starting to research resorts. What airline is everyone using? We are flying from Indianapolis, Indiana, not sure who have direct flights to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. I hate flying, so I only want to get on the plane once each way.

I'm waiting on Southwest to release the dates, but we'll probably end up going through them. We aren't flying down until the 29th.

I was getting overwhelmed with possibilities, so I'm holding off on more research for where we will stay pre-cruise until I book flights.

We're in! We are me, DH, DD 11 and DD 8. My sister's family is also going but I'm sure she'll chime in. This will be our second DCL cruise, the first being on the Dream in December 2012.

We are all from NW Georgia.

We're in! We are me, DH, DD 11 and DD 8. My sister's family is also going but I'm sure she'll chime in. This will be our second DCL cruise, the first being on the Dream in December 2012.

We are all from NW Georgia.

Hi and welcome! :wave:

My family was on the Dream in Dec. '12 too. We did the NYE cruise. Which sailing were you on?

Did you see the info about our cruise roster? The link is in the first post. If you'd like to be added (totally optional), just post your info and I'll get you on the roster.

My DD is 11, too. Before our last cruise, she hooked up with some email pals from the DIS (I set it up with their moms). She really enjoyed meeting her pals on the ship. She still keeps in touch with them. If your DD would like to exchange emails with mine, let me know and we can PM each other the email addresses, etc.

Dawg91's sister chiming in! We will have myself, DH, DD - 18, DS - 11, and DD-BFF, also 18. The girls will have their own inside stateroom while we have the veranda across the hall. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. DH and I will celebrate our 25th in August of 2014 and are doing the Fantasy 7-night Eastern Caribbean.

Hi and welcome! :wave:

My family was on the Dream in Dec. '12 too. We did the NYE cruise. Which sailing were you on?

Did you see the info about our cruise roster? The link is in the first post. If you'd like to be added (totally optional), just post your info and I'll get you on the roster.

My DD is 11, too. Before our last cruise, she hooked up with some email pals from the DIS (I set it up with their moms). She really enjoyed meeting her pals on the ship. She still keeps in touch with them. If your DD would like to exchange emails with mine, let me know and we can PM each other the email addresses, etc.

Thanks! here is our info for the roster:
DIS name - Dawg91
From Rome, GA
Stateroom 6050
Me - Carla
DH - TC
DD 11 - Julia
DD 8 - Lauren

No special occasion. I think we'll try FE this time. We backed out last time due to work commitments. I'd like to know more about the magnet exchange too.

I would love to get the DDs together. Mine is quite shy and it would be good for her to know someone other than her boy cousin her age. She and DD 8 get along great but DD 8 has some different interests and makes friends easily.

We were on the Dream to the Bahamas (around the 19th). Our parents went on that too. I'm trying to get them to come on this cruise too.

Dawg91 - not to mention the girls will be in different clubs due to ages. Edge for DNi 11 and Oceaneer for DNi 8. I have no idea if DNi is right for Darling/Dear Niece!

I am undecided about FE. I want to hear more about magnets, too.

Right now we're supposed to be at the Westin Diplomat in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise and I think we're staying at the Westin Coral Gables when we get back? We're flying United and that's what we usually fly - they have a hub in Cleveland (at least for now)

Dawg91's sister chiming in! We will have myself, DH, DD - 18, DS - 11, and DD-BFF, also 18. The girls will have their own inside stateroom while we have the veranda across the hall. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. DH and I will celebrate our 25th in August of 2014 and are doing the Fantasy 7-night Eastern Caribbean.

Welcome aboard! :wave2:

If you would like to be added to the roster, just post your info (the roster link is in the first post.)

So jealous that you get to sail again in August! The Fantasy is the only DCL ship we haven't been on yet. That's definitely on my bucket list.

I would love to get the DDs together. Mine is quite shy and it would be good for her to know someone other than her boy cousin her age. She and DD 8 get along great but DD 8 has some different interests and makes friends easily.

Great! I'll send you a PM with my DD's email address. Her name is Regan. Oh, and she wants to know if your nephew is cute. Lol! (She said it was ok for me to post that as long as I let you know she was joking. :))

Basically, the magnet exchange works like the FE exchange. You would bring enough magnets for each participating stateroom. The magnet can be anything you want. It could be Disney related, represent your home state, feature your favorite hobby, etc. Some people make the magnets themselves, others buy them.

You'll have a list of participating stateroom numbers. At some point during the cruise, you'll put a magnet on each of those doors. It's fun to come back to your room and see the new magnets.

I'll add a column to the roster to list who is interested in doing a magnet exchange.

Welcome aboard! :wave2:

If you would like to be added to the roster, just post your info (the roster link is in the first post.)

So jealous that you get to sail again in August! The Fantasy is the only DCL ship we haven't been on yet. That's definitely on my bucket list.

stateroom: 6048 & 6049
first name: Vanessa
DIS user ID: RHSTigerMom
where you live: Ringgold, GA
who you're traveling with:
Dan - 48
Katie - 18 (in 6049)
Reace - 11
Bailee - 18 (in 6049)
No particular occasion but Katie graduates from high school in May 2014
More interested in magnet exchange

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter