March 2021 Cruises Heading Towards Cancellation

Husker Mike

DIS Veteran
The Disney Cruise Line Blog reports that March 2021 sailings are no longer available on the Disney Cruise site, which would seem to be the first step towards a cancellation.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ngs-removed-from-disney-cruise-lines-website/
The next bookable cruises on Disney Cruise Line’s website are:

Again, it is important to keep in mind, these sailings listed above are NOT officially cancelled.

Yep....sigh. We cancelled our March 2021 cruise two weeks ago. We were not PIF and had already received the 125% from an Oct cancellation so went ahead and cancelled it ourselves. Got the refund back in 6 days!

Yep....sigh. We cancelled our March 2021 cruise two weeks ago. We were not PIF and had already received the 125% from an Oct cancellation so went ahead and cancelled it ourselves. Got the refund back in 6 days!
Well, can you only get the 125% once? Although, our March 1 cruise has not had PIF date.

This is a probably indicator that they won't be moving the Wonder to the West Coast in 2021, and might leave the Magic in Europe for most of the year too.

I can't get the point chart for Alaskan cruises to come up on the DVC site either. Maybe they are going to scrap them as well.

eta: I can't get any of the west coast cruises to load. They must be changing the Wonder's itineraries completely.

I cancelled my May 2021 Alaska cruise about a month ago. This was my 2nd cancellation, as we were supposed to go on an August Alaska cruise in 2020. The CM tried to convince me to keep the reservation, saying she thought this cruise would sail and if I chose later to cancel, I could always use my credit until the end of May 2022. I cancelled because 1) I like to control my money, 2) even if the cruise sailed, I had read the CDC guidelines and I wasn't spending that much money for a restricted cruise, and 3) with 2 kids in college there is no guarantee I could cruise again by May 2022. When the Alaska cruises are released for summer 2022, I will rebook. Hopefully 2 years later, we can celebrate my son's high school graduation. In the meantime, I had some DVC points that needed to be used, so we booked a trip to Disney World for the spring and are very much looking forward to going!

We will probably have our October Canada cruise cancelled, even if US cruising is approved. Canada appears to be doing way better than our cold-weather states.

I can't get the point chart for Alaskan cruises to come up on the DVC site either. Maybe they are going to scrap them as well.

eta: I can't get any of the west coast cruises to load. They must be changing the Wonder's itineraries completely.
All the West coast itineraries, except for March 2021, are loading fine for me on the DCL website.

Yes you can only get it once.

well... yes and no, it depends on the situation:
  • If someone had a May2020 cruise booked and received FCC, then used that FCC to rebook to Jan2021, they cannot receive a 2nd FCC for the Jan2021 cancellation although the first can continue to push out to a future cruise.
  • If someone had a May2020 cruise booked and a separate booking for Jan2021, they are eligible for an FCC on each cancelled cruise.

well... yes and no, it depends on the situation:
  • If someone had a May2020 cruise booked and received FCC, then used that FCC to rebook to Jan2021, they cannot receive a 2nd FCC for the Jan2021 cancellation although the first can continue to push out to a future cruise.
  • If someone had a May2020 cruise booked and a separate booking for Jan2021, they are eligible for an FCC on each cancelled cruise.
Oh really? Hmmmm ok. Thank you for clearing that up :)

In our specific case, we are relieved by this cancellation. We had a 2-rooms Concierge reservation for a 4-nights in March. We couldn’t cancel without loosing our deposit, we didn’t want to PIF in order to get our money back close to sailing - my wife would not have been able to sail since she cares for COVID patients on a daily basis - and we do not foresee sailing before the furthest date we could postpone.

For the moment, our reservations still appear in the app, but we expect to get the cancellation email soon.

Based on comments from Richard Fein of RCCL, I highly suspect that the cruise lines are ditching the "safe travels" plans and waiting on vaccinations. I would bet they are going to require them for 18+.

You know, the cruise lines are in a weird holding pattern where if the vaccine had taken another year and/or the trials had been far less promising I think they would have been able to proceed, now yeah, it makes sense and probably they some public pressure to just wait it out.

Last edited:
Not so sure about the "ditching" part. The storm isn't ending anytime soon, what I got from Fain's 'interesting' Youtube video was that they realize now that the protocols alone won't be enough to get cruising going. Those protocols with vaccines however will allow a safe return to service. Normal is still a long way off unfortunately.

Hard to believe that it has been 10.5 months since our last cruise. Seems like a completely different world. Oh wait it is.

Based on comments from Richard Fein of RCCL, I highly suspect that the cruise lines are ditching the "safe travels" plans and waiting on vaccinations. I would bet they are going to require them for 18+.

I would hope the vaccine would not be required to cruise again. As of right now I am planning on not getting the vaccine for at least a year, maybe more. It would be detrimental for them to require something like that.

Took a look for the cruise we were supposed to do to replace last year's cruise that was cancelled.

It says no rooms are available. I noticed the two cat 4 rooms I let go of in Oct were never put back into service (can't believe they were snapped up that quickly), so I have to wonder if they've even been taking new bookings in the last few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!