March 2021 Cruises Heading Towards Cancellation

I seriously doubt they will require the vaccine. Enough people will get it on their own to alleviate the problem.

Its not that DCL will require the vaccine , its that country's the ships visit may require the vaccine for ship passengers / tourists. DCL will have no choice in the matter. If Canada requires a vaccine for tourists, then anyone on the Alaska cruises will be required to show proof of vaccine at the DCL check in and will not be allowed on the ship without it.

Its not that DCL will require the vaccine , its that country's the ships visit may require the vaccine for ship passengers / tourists. DCL will have no choice in the matter. If Canada requires a vaccine for tourists, then anyone on the Alaska cruises will be required to show proof of vaccine at the DCL check in and will not be allowed on the ship without it.
Yes, kind of like a visa. If you do not have it you cannot get off the ship if the local government requires it. The cruise lines do not force you to get the visa. And I really doubt they will force people to get the vaccine. They just won’t let you off at the local port just like they do not let people off at certain ports without visas. Dcl doesn’t encounter this with its itineraries (as far as I know), but lines like princess deal with it all the time.

It’s my understanding that everyone on the ship clears customs at a port regardless if they plan to go ashore.

if a county requires the vaccine then you will have to have it to sail.

It’s my understanding that everyone on the ship clears customs at a port regardless if they plan to go ashore.

if a county requires the vaccine then you will have to have it to sail.
Actually you have to have a visa to get off at some ports, otherwise you stay on the ship.
I’m not anti vaccine. I just think it is unlikely they will force people to get one to sail. Enough people will get one on their own, like the flu shot.

Vaccines won't be widely available for a while. Most countries will still have to use testing to control visitors until, say, fall 2021. I expect very few tourism-centred regions to require vaccination until most of their own populations have received one.

It will be far easier for the cruise lines to avoid those that do.

If a passport is required by any given port stop, ALL passengers must have a passport to board - doesn’t matter if they plan to remain onboard at that particular port. I expect vaccines will be similar.
Any emergency can happen. Even if you don't plan on getting off at the ports, it's better to have that stuff with you, just incase of an emergency.

Any emergency can happen. Even if you don't plan on getting off at the ports, it's better to have that stuff with you, just incase of an emergency.
True, but there are still many cruises that don’t REQUIRE a passport. However, an Alaska cruise does require a passport (even those that depart from Seattle) because Canada REQUIRES one.
The point in this discussion is that, if a country the ship is visiting requires a vaccine, then all passengers will be required to have a vaccine. It won’t be up to the cruise lines to make that policy, it will be up to the governments of the countries being visited. Just like it is up to Canada that you have to have a passport.

I think it’s going to be mandatory. The last thing any cruise line needs once they resume sailing is to have an outbreak. We are booked at the end of next year. There is a 99% chance we will sail if they say it is required. We’ll see what it looks like at PIF if they don’t.

We have March 1, 2020 sailing. No word from DCL. I THINK final payment is due pretty soon.

We have March 1, 2020 sailing. No word from DCL. I THINK final payment is due pretty soon.

You should pay that ASAP. You only get the credit if you’re paid in full. Now if you just want your money back then that’s a different story.

You should pay that ASAP. You only get the credit if you’re paid in full. Now if you just want your money back then that’s a different story.
We are hoping they cancel them today or tomorrow. Paiement is due on December 31st.

We already have the extra credit because of a cruise in November 2020 that they cancelled after full payment.

If a passport is required by any given port stop, ALL passengers must have a passport to board - doesn’t matter if they plan to remain onboard at that particular port. I expect vaccines will be similar.
Yes everyone is required to have a passport, but not always a visa— unless you want to get off the ship. I know someone who ended up in a situation where they did not get a visa ahead of time to get off at some middle eastern country on an NCL cruise. They just stayed on the ship. This is from that other cruise site:
“Whether or not you need a visa in addition to a valid passport for your cruise is a common question with a rather complicated answer. There are a few countries where visas are handled by the cruise line on arrival in port. In all other cases, the cruise line might only advise you that you might need one, but they can be rather elusive when it comes to details regarding visa requirements and how to get one if you do need it.”

True, but there are still many cruises that don’t REQUIRE a passport. However, an Alaska cruise does require a passport (even those that depart from Seattle) because Canada REQUIRES one.
The point in this discussion is that, if a country the ship is visiting requires a vaccine, then all passengers will be required to have a vaccine. It won’t be up to the cruise lines to make that policy, it will be up to the governments of the countries being visited. Just like it is up to Canada that you have to have a passport.
I can agree that it will be if a country requires a vaccine rather than it being up to the cruise line itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter