March 2020 Beyond the Parks Exercise Challenge

Sophy 1996 - Afternoon tea sounds wonderful!
Twilight Sparkle - we just spent one night at AK - unfortunately facing the 'wrong' side of the savannah ( no giraffes or zebras). But there was group of little pigs that had me laughing.
Princessfionasmon - the beach is so my happy place - sunrise on the east coast is so beautiful and serene!

That's quite a number! Whether you 'obey your watch' or set a different goal for the month, we'd love for you to join in. We all set a monthly goal that we feel is achievable, so do what you feel will lead to success. And, it's sooooo easy to hit 10 miles in the parks!
Please put me in for 3500 for March. I will be stretching for the watch's challenge of 4110 but 3500 should be an easy goal. I will be reporting in with numbers tracked by my watch's perspective of exercise based on heart rate and duration.

Current status: 313 of 3500 ... but I haven't much gotten out of bed yet today except to feed the small animals and join a telecon. Most of my exercise comes from twice daily feed/clean cycles of the horses.

Fort Wilderness! Yes! We love that place and are eagerly hoping to stay sometime. We often take a non-park day to walk the grounds, gawk at the rigs and guest decorations, walk the barn, greet the horses, etc. We tried, earlier this year, to book a Fort Wilderness cabin using our DVC points ... but there was nothing available for the range of months we searched. We also considered booking a campsite, using points, and then having a rental trailer delivered ... but again, no campsites where coming up via DVC. We'll keep trying!

Today’s resort gets all our attention - Fort Wilderness Resort. There’s so much to do here, it’s a wonder anyone would leave! It’s so big, you can rent a golf cart to explore. Another great way to see the resort in by horse drawn carriage - how romantic! How does taking a shot at archery sound? Or would you rather go horseback riding? Or rent a kayak? Adults can give their feet a rest while the kids play at one of the many playgrounds on property. If you’re there in the evening, join in the singalong at the campfire as you roast s’mores (who could resist a s’more??).

View attachment 478427View attachment 478430View attachment 478434

After researching this resort, I'm so ready to stay here! it looks fabulous!

A warm welcome to our new folks!:flower1:
I would LOVE to stay here one day, and I will definitely choose horseback riding. : )

My favorite way to relax would be to sit on my balcony/patio with a glass of wine, or relax in a hot tub! We haven't stayed at a bad resort at Disney, yet. Great family memories at all of them. Our last stay was at The Wilderness Lodge. It's beautiful!!
It is very easy to add those miles in while walking the parks, especially with Disney's fast pass system. I would love to horseback ride at Fort Wilderness! Fun! Love the atmosphere there; it's so peaceful!! We usually try to catch the Hoop Dee Doo Revue every couple of years.
So far I've walked 180 min. of my 1200.

A big day of walking today - we went to the Philadelphia Flower Show! Soooooo beautiful! I'm ready for a trip to the French Riviera! (120 minutes - 180/700)
Our first color changes to report! Cinderbrella1 is now Resort Red! and my flower show puts me at Pool Purple! :cool1:
But I might have to be satisfied with the Riviera DVC! Our welcome to the resort begins along the palm tree lined boulevard, archways and porticos that echo the architecture of the Mediterranean coast. The kids will love S'il Vous Plait - a fountain featuring characters from Fantasia, reminiscent of the beautiful fountains found all over Europe. An evening visit to Topolino's Terrace would be great. After enjoying a meal inspired by the south of France and the coast of Italy, relax on the terrace as you take in the fireworks from the parks.

Last edited:
704 / 3500
Mostly horse stuff and other chores around the yard.

I love flower shows! Hopefully we'll get one day of Flower & Garden while we enjoy Beach Club Villas in early May. Looking forward to a mostly "non-park" visit ... riding the new Gondolas and visiting Riviera!

180 minutes - horses and walking

275/1860

The Riviera resort looks beautiful. I hope we get to stay there one day.

The flower show sounds fun, BonnieF. We could have used something like that to brighten this overcast day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter