March 2020 Beyond the Parks Exercise Challenge

BonnieF

Is it time for Food & Wine Yet??
Welcome to the March 2020 Disney Exercise Challenge! This month’s theme will be Let’s Get Out of the Parks!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:
Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney exercise challenge is color changing! This post will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Resorts Red
25% - Pool Purple
50% - Spa Sapphire
75% - Watersport Wintergreen
90% - Fitness Fuchsia
100% - Disney Denim

We’re officially starting this challenge on March 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Members:

BonnieF - 500/700
PollyannaMom - 695/500
Sophy1996 - 1100/1200
ljcrochet - 1067/550
CMDisney - 964/930

Cinderbrella 1 - 1080/1200
Elizabeth Smith - 1000/800
Twilight Sparkle - 2565/1860
Princessfionasmon - 1964/1200
bwvBound - 4110/3500

Team: 15045 /14840

Last edited:
And away we go!
When the crowds and the heat finally make you realize it’s time to leave the magic in the parks, there are so many fun things to do without leaving the happiest place on earth or spending a fortune. We’ll start out by touring some of the wonderful resorts on site. The easiest group to tour are the Monorail resorts. In a few short minutes, you can travel from the sleek, modern vibe of the Contemporary Resort to the slack-key sounds of Polynesian to the turn of the century elegance of the Grand Floridian.

Enjoy the Spanish elegance of Coronado Springs by strolling around the lovely lake and take in the Mayan pyramid pool feature, maybe when you’re enjoying a cool drink at the pool bar.

Hop on a boat from Disney Springs to Old Key West to take in the laid back, tree lined streets that transport you right to the real Duval Street!

Or take a different boat to Port Orleans and see the trees dripping with Spanish moss among the wrought iron balconies. A stop for some beignets would be delicious!

Head to Africa and the Animal Kingdom Lodge to experience the wonderful animals (oh, love those giraffes!) and the beautiful tribal artworks in the lobby and all through the resort. Enjoy fireside tales with the incredible cast members who tell of life on the African savannah.

A lovely evening stroll around Crescent Lake will take you to the beach resorts of the Boardwalk, and the Yacht and Beach Clubs. From any of them, you can also take a boat ride to Hollywood Studios to Epcot . What better way to really relax!

What's your favorite way to relax after a day in the parks?

Attachments

• 1583016249651.png
    1583016249651.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1583016321190.png
    1583016321190.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 1

25-minute walk

25/1200

My favorite resort to visit is AKL. Love to see the animals and the art.

We were going to try to visit the new Three Bridges Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs on our last trip, but didn't get there. Hopefully next time!

I have not come close to seeing all the resorts, but I'm partial to the Poly. I love the look of the pool area, but obviously have never been inside! But Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants onsite as well. I just think the resort is beautiful, and now the theme reads a retro interpretation of Hawaii, so it's doubly fun.

I'm going to go for 800 minutes this month.

20 minutes yesterday

20/500

Or take a different boat to Port Orleans and see the trees dripping with Spanish moss among the wrought iron balconies. A stop for some beignets would be delicious!

I haven't seen all the resorts either, so I still have places to explore. But for now at least, I'm going with the boat ride! When we've stayed at POR or POFQ, we've taken it to Disney Springs and back, and the ride is so pretty and relaxing.

Let’s see some more resorts!
You can feel like a Lilliputian as you walk around Disney’s All Star Movies Resort. Buzz Lightyear is 35 feet tall and Herbie is 21 feet! Sorcerer Mickey conducts his magic at the Fantasia pool. What fun!
Don’t miss beat at All Star Music! The buildings there rock to themes like Calypso, Jazz, and good old Rock ’n’ Roll.
Score some fun amid the gigantic football helmets , surfboards and basketballs at All Star Sports.
Take a stroll in Animation Hall in Disney’s Art of Animation resort to see sketches of popular Disney Characters. Don’t forget to look up at the wonderful chandelier made up of 77 animated storyboards.
Lastly for today, we’ll visit our childhood toy chests at Pop Century resort. Memories galore flood back as we see the larger than life Duncan Yo-yo, Rubik’s Cube, and Big Wheel.

60 minutes for me today at the gym (60/700)

Last edited:
Um, my watch challenged me to 4110 exercise minutes this month. So far, I've earned 309. If I'm really obeying my watch, rather than the directions of this cool group ... does it still count? So far, none of my exercise this month has anything to do with parks ... but I might go back to revisit F&W at DCA if I have opportunity. I got my customary 10 miles a day last Fri and Sat.

Edited to attempt to add clarity: Last Fri/Sat I was at the parks ... and 10 miles/day walking is easy to do in and between the parks! :)

Last edited:
This sounds fun, so glad I found this thread! I’d love to join. I’m in for 1200 minutes.
3/1 53 mins
3/2 48 mins

I do love doing the running trails at the resorts, not always running . . . sometimes I just take the time for a nice early morning walk to soak in as much as I can of that resort. Just stayed at Riviera for the week leading up to Princess 5k and enjoyed running around the lake from Riviera thru Carribean Beach. I had never been to CBR so that was a nice plus. The weekend before heading to RR we spent a few days at Vero Beach. Running on that beach as the sun was rising was just beautiful. The sound of the waves crashing, the wind lightly blowing and the pleasant greetings from everyone I ran by truly made my morning runs most enjoyable.

Um, my watch challenged me to 4110 exercise minutes this month. So far, I've earned 309. If I'm really obeying my watch, rather than the directions of this cool group ... does it still count? So far, none of my exercise this month has anything to do with parks ... but I might go back to revisit F&W at DCA if I have opportunity. I got my customary 10 miles a day last Fri and Sat.

Wow, customary 10 miles a day!! That's impressive!

I do love doing the running trails at the resorts, not always running . . . sometimes I just take the time for a nice early morning walk to soak in as much as I can of that resort. Just stayed at Riviera for the week leading up to Princess 5k and enjoyed running around the lake from Riviera thru Carribean Beach. I had never been to CBR so that was a nice plus. The weekend before heading to RR we spent a few days at Vero Beach. Running on that beach as the sun was rising was just beautiful. The sound of the waves crashing, the wind lightly blowing and the pleasant greetings from everyone I ran by truly made my morning runs most enjoyable.

That sounds super nice! We also enjoy walking the resorts early in the morning before many people are up (and last October's Extra Extra Magic Hours helped with that, with before-dawn openings at DHS!). We've never been to Vero Beach but I'd really like to go.

Edited to attempt to add clarity: Last Fri/Sat I was at the parks ... and 10 miles/day walking is easy to do in and between the parks! :)
That's quite a number! Whether you 'obey your watch' or set a different goal for the month, we'd love for you to join in. We all set a monthly goal that we feel is achievable, so do what you feel will lead to success. And, it's sooooo easy to hit 10 miles in the parks!

Today’s resort gets all our attention - Fort Wilderness Resort. There’s so much to do here, it’s a wonder anyone would leave! It’s so big, you can rent a golf cart to explore. Another great way to see the resort in by horse drawn carriage - how romantic! How does taking a shot at archery sound? Or would you rather go horseback riding? Or rent a kayak? Adults can give their feet a rest while the kids play at one of the many playgrounds on property. If you’re there in the evening, join in the singalong at the campfire as you roast s’mores (who could resist a s’more??).

After researching this resort, I'm so ready to stay here! It looks fabulous!

A warm welcome to our new folks!:flower1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter