• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2020 Beyond the Parks Exercise Challenge

Apple Watch? Yes
Peloton bike? No, but looks like fun! Do you have to have a subscription to make it "worth" owning/using?

65 minutes today. 50 min spin, 5 min stretch, rest was a walk at lunch. I'm tracking using my Apple Watch which is why some days the numbers are odd lol.

Does anyone else have a Peloton bike or use the app?

275/1200

I am going to skip out on at least the first part of this month. I am still having issues with this sinus infection. Once I am finally feeling better I will come up with a number for the rest of the month.

We'll miss you, but we understand! Take care of yourself. :goodvibes

20 treadmill minutes for Wednesday (3/4) and 20 this morning (3/6)

100/500

So many color changes today!!!!! PollyannaMom, Sophy1996, ljcrochet, CMDisney, Elizabeth Smith, Twilight Sparkle and Princessfionasmom are all Rseorts Red!!!!!! And, bwvBound has hit Pool Purple!!!
So, the team is Resort Red! :mickeyjum

Piglet1979, so sorry you're not well. we'll miss you! Get well soon and we'll look forward to you joining us reeaalll soon!
bwvBound - you're going to my favorite resort! I love the Beach Club! And the Flower and Garden show, too! You'll have to report on our non-park visit.
princessfionasmom, good luck on your Peleton!
Twilight Sparkle, I can't wait for sunny weather, too! Although, it's kind of scary that here in central NJ we have not gotten any snow this winter - I actually wouldn't mind a snowstorm!
CMDisney, you sure are dedicated! Good for you hitting it daily!

Time to do some real relaxing - poolside!!!
Let's cool off at some the beautiful pools at the Disney resorts.
We'll start at my all time favorite - Stormalong Bay at the Yacht and Beach Club. If you’re lucky enough to stay here, this is one of the best things to do. This pool has it all - a sandy beach, a lazy river, a great slide. Not to mention the delicious Frosé from Hurricane Hannah’s! Take that yummy pink concoction across the walkway to the beautiful white sand that gives the Beach Club its name. What a great place to relax!
Right across Crescent Lake, you can enjoy the famous (infamous?) Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk Resort. I’m not so sure about that clown, though. But the brave little elephants help a lot! In keeping with the theming, a replica of the famous Cyclone roller coaster is on view. If you've ever been to the real Coney Island and ridden the Cyclone, you know that replica looks much safer than the real thing!!

With this post, I have to step away for a couple of days. My husband's sister passed away this week, not unexpectedly. She suffered from dementia for a long time so it is a mercy for all concerned. So, I'll be at the services and traveling till Tuesday. I'll try to update numbers when I get a chance. Thanks for understanding.

With this post, I have to step away for a couple of days. My husband's sister passed away this week, not unexpectedly. She suffered from dementia for a long time so it is a mercy for all concerned. So, I'll be at the services and traveling till Tuesday. I'll try to update numbers when I get a chance. Thanks for understanding.
{{ HUGS }} Praying peace and comfort for you, your husband and the family.

Apple Watch? Yes
Peloton bike? No, but looks like fun! Do you have to have a subscription to make it "worth" owning/using?
Bike is a lot of fun and yes you do need to have a subscription to really get the most out of it. What I love is it’s not just bike content, there are strength classes, yoga, meditation and outdoor walking and running guided classes. Between the bike and having the goal of closing my rings every day I’ve lost 45 lbs in the past year. Hoping to get the last 30 off this year. Challenges like this are great for motivation so I’m so glad I found this and so grateful for everyone that’s involved.

75 minutes - walking and ballet sculpt

It's a gorgeous day, so I'm going to try to make it to the barn this pm.

350/1860

BonnieF, my condolences to you and yours. Don't worry about our group until you are ready to do so. Family comes first.

The clown is the one thing I didn't love about Boardwalk because clowns are not my thing, but it definitely goes with the theme. Our daughter did enjoy the coaster slide when we stayed there. We have never stayed at Beach or Yacht Club, but their pool does look tempting!

Piglet1979, feel better soon!

Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk Resort. I’m not so sure about that clown, though. But the brave little elephants help a lot! In keeping with the theming, a replica of the famous Cyclone roller coaster is on view. If you've ever been to the real Coney Island and ridden the Cyclone, you know that replica looks much safer than the real thing!!
I love the clown slide at Boardwalk. I didn't like the beach club pool area when my girls were little. Since the entrance to the slide is across the public road, I found it stress full. Of course it could have been since I was also there for work. We have only stayed at beach club one other time just for a night so no pool.

So sorry for your loss.

1133/3500
Today was a busy day of yard work, normal horse chores and housework. Ran the walk-behind mower for the first time this season and did my best over some very bumpy terrain. Played with yoga-stretches while weeding; started in a downward dog reaching and pulling weeds in the normal reach and then stretched to reach weeds farther out while not moving my feet. At some point, I was nearly in plank while alternating arms and pulling weeds. Felt quite stretched out after that exercise!! Granted, I probably wasn't minding my breathing. Oh, well. Played with three horses; rode one briefly around the yard while working on communication w/out reins.

My watch said I did good today!
  • Active Calories: 1615 (daily goal is 560; average for Feb was 1220)
  • Exercise Minutes: 241
  • Standing Hours: 14
  • Steps: 16,686; 8.5 miles (and I never left my property?)
  • Flights Climbed: 8
Pools at WDW?
I am looking forward to Stormalong Bay when we visit in May. This will be our first stay at Beach Club on the Villas side although we've stayed a couple times on the Inn side for work conferences. Given the conference schedule (long days in January), there was never time to visit the pools! We've visited SAB twice when staying at BWV during periods when the Luna Park pool was closed for refurb and we were invited to use SAB instead. Disney even offered a golf-cart shuttle between the resorts for pool hopping!

Add me to those who don't care for the Boardwalk pool clown. Creeps me out. We never use that pool even though we've stayed at BWV more times than I can count. We prefer the quiet pool near the Community Center. (We really enjoy that Community Center ... but that is a different topic, right?)

I'm sure my parents took me to Coney Island as a kid ... but don't recall the coaster. I *do* remember Lucy the Elephant, in Margate, and must visit her mini-replica in the Boardwalk Lobby every time we check-in. Love my childhood memories of the Jersey Shore! (We moved from NJ to California in the mid-70s.)

Last edited:
Thanks you everyone. I went back to the doctor today and I am now on a steroid. If this doesn't work then I will be having a CAT scan of my sinuses and going to an ENT. Hopefully soon I can get back to working out. It is starting to get nice out and I would love to go for some nice long walks.

1338/3500
A bit more yard work than I had expected. One of my neighbor's horses was drumming: ka-ka-boom, ka-ka-boom (repeat). It was LOUD; I could hear it in my living room and went outside to check. Yep, horse drumming and owner yelling his name from their house. Repeat. Repeat. So I did something: I fired up my lawnmower and mowed under oak trees near the driveway. Yep. The neighbor's horses were impressed and all came over to the fence to watch me work. Funny how animals enjoy watching a human work! Horse did not return to drumming for the rest of the day. Phew.

Otherwise, groomed 3 horses (shedding season!) and played with one on a long line before a later ride. Phew! So glad we took the time for a strong warm-up before riding. This mare had something to say today! Wheee! (My avatar very much resembles my mare ... especially today. I brought the long line and she brought the P-A-R-T-Y!!)

From the watch:
  • Active Calories: 1557
  • Exercise Minutes: 202
  • Standing Hours: 14
  • Steps: 16,045; 8.3 miles
  • Flights Climbed: 4
Now relaxing watching The American (rodeo) on RFD TV. (Sorry, no Disney thought there.)

When our children were younger we were fortunate to stay at both resorts and enjoy their pools. I had four little ones to keep tabs on in Stormalong Bay; luckily my parents went with us and gave us extra eyes. It always made me nervous, though. Kids really enjoyed the Kiester Coaster at Boardwalk. Luckily they were fine with the clown. Boardwalk's fun atmosphere won over our hearts! Love both of these resorts, but it's a challenge for us to book there.

Very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, Bonnie. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

60 minutes cleaning and scrubbing shower (fun!Fun!)
120 minutes on treadmill
60 minute walk with our black labs in the lovely sunshine!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter