March 2013 Car rentals

Thanks for the Alamo codes, just saved $100 on my March 8- March 17 rental!

maux

It happened... big Alamo drop for me tonight. 5 days for a midsize starting the 8th, base 89.53, total 120.05. That's more like it!

Tweaked it a little more. The midsize was a little less expensive last night, but today the compact (which is all I need) was slightly less. Now for the 5 days I'm at $86.97 base/$116.23 total. Ok, thats only about 4 bucks, but between that and saving a little gas, that'll buy me an Earl of Sandwich.

Thanks for the Alamo codes, just saved $100 on my March 8- March 17 rental!

maux

I don't know if you're referring to the codes I put up, but my contract ID was a Costco code and the coupon a physical coupon from the Entertainment book. I have a Costco membership and will be bringing the coupon. I know they don't often check (esp. if you use the kiosk), but I would encourage anyone that uses any code or coupon to be able to back it up.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but, I have been getting some decent rates using contract ID: xz53043 and signing in under the Emerald Club.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but, I have been getting some decent rates using contract ID: xz53043 and signing in under the Emerald Club.

I can get an SUV with Budget for the same rate with this code on a full size at National. First price drop I've seen for the week before Easter. Just need it to drop a little more...:rotfl2:

Hoping someone can help me with this.....the person I spoke to at the Alamo call centre couldn't say for sure and I haven't been successful in getting in touch with anyone at MCO directly.
If I sign up for Alamo Insiders and want to add an additional driver, do I have to wait at the counter to do so, or can I use a kiosk to add or add when exiting at the gate?

Leaving in a week and still looking for a rate drop for my reservation. My head is spinning but I am hanging onto my National rate of $295 for a midsize hoping to pick a vehicle that is just SCREAMING my name!! :goodvibes MINI VAN!??

My details:

9 day rental
March 8-17 National Emerald Aisle

KLM code: 8572130
On line free upgrade coupon NU3637ZDJ

After all fees and insurance: $295.21

And I also REALLY LOVE the idea of NOT stopping at the counter. It's all good!

My dates are March 8-13, Costco contract id 7014627, Entertainment free day coupon af5244aaf

Thanks for the codes! I have a Costco membership, do you think I need to show something for the entertainment book coupon code?

I dropped my Budget and Avis reservation and switched to Alamo which was the company I have been hoping for since that's the only one we have experience renting from!

Saved $100 from Budget and $90 from Avis rate for 1 week trip starting on Saturday Mar 2nd!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks for the codes! I have a Costco membership, do you think I need to show something for the entertainment book coupon code?

As I said, the Entertainment Book coupon is a physical coupon. My recent experience has been that I have not had to produce it. However, I would not be comfortable going with that as my only reservation if I was not an Entertainment book member.

I should also point out that this was the 2012 Entertainment book, not 2013. The car rental coupons in the 2012 book go out to 6/30/13. The 2013 book doesn't have "free day" coupons for Alamo. Alamo seems to be phasing out the free day coupons...

This might help some of you:

I received an email from Budget tonight for a $219/week "Standard Elite SUV". The example they use is Ford Explorer.

I'm only renting a compact, but just for laughs I plugged it in and it gave me the $219 for my early March dates.

This vehicle might be good for those of you looking for an SUV or might be a decent alternative for the minivan set.

This was a Budget email code, so its public and electronic. The BCD is D495500. Not sure if you can combine with other Budget coupons.

Hoping someone can help me with this.....the person I spoke to at the Alamo call centre couldn't say for sure and I haven't been successful in getting in touch with anyone at MCO directly.
If I sign up for Alamo Insiders and want to add an additional driver, do I have to wait at the counter to do so, or can I use a kiosk to add or add when exiting at the gate?

I'm thinking you can do this if you do online checkin with Alamo before you leave home. That's when I've been asked for my driver's license info and when we've had two drivers, I've been able to put the second license in. However, when I did this, I was using a Costco discount and part of the deal with Costco is you get the free extra driver...so maybe it was kind of built in to the reservation already. ANother possible gotcha is Alamo has completely screwed up, I mean redone, their website, so I don't know if its still the same. When I did it, we just had to show both licenses at the exit gate.

I believe you can also add a driver at the kiosk; I don't think you need to go to the counter...but I also wonder if your being from Canada could be an issue.

I am from Canada, and we did this two years ago without any problem by showing licenses at the exit gate. Might be able to do it online, but unless they change that new rule soon about the international license, you might need to show those to exit.

As I said, the Entertainment Book coupon is a physical coupon. My recent experience has been that I have not had to produce it. However, I would not be comfortable going with that as my only reservation if I was not an Entertainment book member.

Thanks! Actually I tried the Costco contract ID with a different coupon code for Visa card and actually got even cheaper rates (with the entertainment, it was $207 and with Coupon Code for Visa card payment, AD7394SDJ, it comes out to $189 for my dates). I'll go with the cheaper since I am paying with Visa card and don't need to worry about the entertainment coupon.

You can add the additional driver at the kiosk. Just make sure you make the reservation with you Insider's information, otherwise you will incur an add. driver fee. Also, make sure your add. driver is present when you exit the garage, they have to check that person's license and they have to be there.

I can get an SUV with Budget for the same rate with this code on a full size at National. First price drop I've seen for the week before Easter. Just need it to drop a little more...:rotfl2:

What size SUV? Some are actually smaller than a full size. Also, if you are an Emerald Club member, you would be smart to select the midsize as you can select from the Emerald Aisle.........mid size or above.

Besides the SUV below, poking around at Dollar this morning is showing a City Special for minivans at $283/wk, at least for my dates starting 3/8. I guess that's not great; but not horrible either.

This might help some of you:

I received an email from Budget tonight for a $219/week "Standard Elite SUV". The example they use is Ford Explorer.

I'm only renting a compact, but just for laughs I plugged it in and it gave me the $219 for my early March dates.

This vehicle might be good for those of you looking for an SUV or might be a decent alternative for the minivan set.

This was a Budget email code, so its public and electronic. The BCD is D495500. Not sure if you can combine with other Budget coupons.

Hmm ... I don't ever recall specifically adding my DH's info for him to drive (or visa versa). I thought that if you were an Insider/Emerald Club member your spouse was automatically a free extra driver.

I'm thinking of bidding on priceline just to see if I can save a few more $$. (I'm jealous of richmo's price of $116 with Alamo! LOL)
I am currently booked with Budget for $144 for the week of Mar. 4 - 11th. Has anyone ever done priceline for rental cars? Just was wondering what your experience has been. TIA!

I've been trying to get a cheaper car via priceline for MCO with no luck. They are still showing around $25 for compact. Back in October 2011 I did get an offer accepted for vehicle out of Atlanta for like $12 but no luck the last three weeks with priceline.

I'm thinking of bidding on priceline just to see if I can save a few more $$. (I'm jealous of richmo's price of $116 with Alamo! LOL)
I am currently booked with Budget for $144 for the week of Mar. 4 - 11th. Has anyone ever done priceline for rental cars? Just was wondering what your experience has been. TIA!

I put together a tutorial on bidding on PL for cars a couple years ago. I hope it helps!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37158615

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter