Marathon Weekend 2025

Spot with 7 min if anyone still needs it, first to DM gets it.

EDIT: closed out because I was about to be pushed through.

I panicked!
I was registering me and a friend, and honestly I couldn't commit my friend to 5+ days in Orlando without talking it over first. If I was just registering myself, it may have gone very differently!

My co-worker got in for the 5k, along with her 8 year old son. I told her to book her hotel room now. Now that people have confirmation that they are running, prices are going to go up on the rooms and people are going to start booking.

Marathon is the best value... so good choice.
She's right. See below value analysis for the Marathon weekend races. ;)

MilesPricePrice/MileBonus
Dopey48.6$645.41$13.28-Mickey Ears
-2 extra medals
-2 extra shirts
-You get to confirm to people you're a bit insane! (4 early wake-ups, all those miles....)
Goofy39.3$414.64$10.55-Mickey Ears
-1 extra medal
-1 extra shirt
-Only 2 super early wake-ups
-You have to explain to people why you would run a half and a marathon back to back...
Marathon26.2$212.01$8.09-Mickey Ears
-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a marathon!
Half13.1$210.14$16.04-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a half marathon!
10k6.1$145.41$23.84-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a 10k!
5k3.1$105.71$34.10-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a 5k!

I’ll have to go through the 25 or more pages of stuff I missed out on while the craziness was happening. Like many I had 6 windows, all more than an hour to start. One of them started the progress bar after about 5 minutes and updated to 31 minutes about 10 minutes after 10. During this time I confirmed my sister, mom, sister’s partner and sister’s partner’s mom all had over an hour in all of their browsers as well and mine was going to be the first in by a wide margin.

I registered myself for the 10k and Half, my Mom for the 5k, sister’s partner for Dopey, my nephew for the Half and my niece for the 10k. I was going to register my sisters’s partner’s mom and kids but she had a window opening where she could get it done quicker than she could transfer the info to me. Unfortunately, I don’t think she got the rest of her family into everything they wanted.

I wasn’t expecting this type of demand again this year. I guess I’m naive, even after nearly 15 years of doing this, but I thought the later dates and being further out from the post-pandemic boom would be a bit of a cooler on participants. This is probably the toughest registration I’ve had in a while. First time anyone in my extended party who was prepared for registration missed out on things. Between my entire group, we had one window out of about 20 that got in in time to sign up for the races we wanted. That’s really crazy.

Quick thought on how this went: time estimates popped up at 10:01, so I wonder if they waited until then to officially let people into the queue. They've been getting a lot of complaints from people who swear they jumped in at 10:00 and got shut out, so it would be logical to wait a minute and then open things up. Not sure if that's always been the case, but I noticed it this go-around.

She's right. See below value analysis for the Marathon weekend races. ;)

MilesPricePrice/MileBonus
Dopey48.6$645.41$13.28-Mickey Ears
-2 extra medals
-2 extra shirts
-You get to confirm to people you're a bit insane! (4 early wake-ups, all those miles....)
Goofy39.3$414.64$10.55-Mickey Ears
-1 extra medal
-1 extra shirt
-Only 2 super early wake-ups
-You have to explain to people why you would run a half and a marathon back to back...
Marathon26.2$212.01$8.09-Mickey Ears
-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a marathon!
Half13.1$210.14$16.04-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a half marathon!
10k6.1$145.41$23.84-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a 10k!
5k3.1$105.71$34.10-Only 1 super early wake-up
-You can say you ran a 5k!
Depends on the value you put on the shirts & medals I guess...
But I appreciate all that math just to make me feel better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter