Marathon Weekend 2021

In the queue at 10AM exactly on both my laptop and iPad. Got thru on the iPad at 10:05AM and resistered for Dopey. Laptop was still spinning when I was done registering.
I had 2 browsers open, at exactly 10:00 this morning. (I missed the early registration for DVC members). Firefox opened up first at 10:10, and I registered for my first Run Disney 5K. I haven't really RUN in years, since my last knee surgery, but I'm an avid walker. Do you have to literally Jog/Run, or can you walk at a really good pace for the entire 5K?
We're usually in WDW/DVC during race weekend, and we enjoy seeing all the runners, their attire, and the Disney Medals, so it will be exciting to finally participate!
I hope everything is back to normal by 2021!
Any good tips for this new-bee ??

Try different devices - had 2 computers and my phone spinning for 15 minutes then tried my daughter's tablet and got in right away. Strange. 5k, goofy and dopey are sold out but the rest are open. Looks like they're not registering for kids races at all at this point

Got in for Dopey. From the moment I got on my computer to confirmation email was 5 minutes. Surprised Goofy sold first, then 5k, and Dopey. Glad I got in, but still cautiously optimistic if the event will actually happen...still. Nice to look forward to it and give a reason to train for awhile.

I got in on my phone too. Seems you want to maximize the number of times you click register. I don't think there is any advantage to keeping it splnning after a minute or so, as it doesn't seem to be holding your spot in queue

I had 2 browsers open, at exactly 10:00 this morning. (I missed the early registration for DVC members). Firefox opened up first at 10:10, and I registered for my first Run Disney 5K. I haven't really RUN in years, since my last knee surgery, but I'm an avid walker. Do you have to literally Jog/Run, or can you walk at a really good pace for the entire 5K?
We're usually in WDW/DVC during race weekend, and we enjoy seeing all the runners, their attire, and the Disney Medals, so it will be exciting to finally participate!
I hope everything is back to normal by 2021!
Any good tips for this new-bee ??

You can walk the 5K. My mom can't run so I've walked all 4 of the 5Ks we've done at Disney and been fine each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter