Marathon Weekend 2021

I think it does hold your spot, but the spot you're in is randomized. So if you click in on a different device later you may get assigned a higher number spot than the first device. At least that's the only way my brain can make sense of it!

I emailed runDisney asking about this last week after the AP registration. The response was that it should be a standard virtual queue. But I definitely agree that there is some randomness going on behind the scenes. The screen that I got registered with was not the first screen that I got in the queue with.

I emailed runDisney asking about this last week after the AP registration. The response was that it should be a standard virtual queue. But I definitely agree that there is some randomness going on behind the scenes. The screen that I got registered with was not the first screen that I got in the queue with.
Could it be -multiple servers, you get put in the queue on different ones, and it depends on the speed of those ahead of you on each particular server as to how long you wait for your turn???

Shut out and pissed off. Not at the field cut. But because I saw comments on Facebook that could only happen if they randomized the queue. Anyone know which charity might still have a Dopey bib that doesn't cost a freaking arm and a leg?

Shut out and pissed off. Not at the field cut. But because I saw comments on Facebook that could only happen if they randomized the queue. Anyone know which charity might still have a Dopey bib that doesn't cost a freaking arm and a leg?

I attempted to register my whole family at once. One for the full, one for the half, and one for the 10k. After checkout it said that the 10k was sold out but threw out ALL of our registrations so the only thing left was the full. I am not happy at all.

Both DH and I registered for our first Dopey and Castaway Cay Challenge. DH now has more appreciation for me getting us into past races we wanted! pixiedust: It was his first time doing his own registration. (Not that he did it because my browser popped first so I registered him on mine.)

Congratulations to all who got in and hopefully things get better and more spots open up for those that didn’t!

Well I did a thing and am in for the Full. Hoping for a little long weekend trip that includes DATW. Glad I could use a 2018 proof bc of all the cancelled races this year.
Now we shall see if Chic marathon happens but I'll still keep training towards it so at least I'll be getting in shape way early for Jan.
I'll try to participate more in this thread now that I'm actually doing this thing.

I've been doing rD for four years now and that's the fastest I've seen any weekend sell completely out, except MAYBE 2017 Princess. They must really be limiting numbers!

That's what I'm thinking! It has to be less, that was extremely fast even for challenges. Got my daughter in for her first Dopey, but didn't make the 5k for myself!!! So stressful waiting!! Seconding whoever above me said they need a drink now!

See everyone there! I volunteer at the races so I'll definitely be at the end so I can put those medals around my daughter's neck! Glad you all mostly got what you wanted.

I attempted to register my whole family at once. One for the full, one for the half, and one for the 10k. After checkout it said that the 10k was sold out but threw out ALL of our registrations so the only thing left was the full. I am not happy at all.

Oh geese. See my issue was partly it kept throwing my cards back at me. Combine that with my anxiety and the first thing to load was the last thing I chose (my PHONE) and my natural tremor and registration attempt was from a certain firery place.

I made that mistake once and never again. Sorry. I make my husband and daughter both sit here with me and do it. Did you end up doing the full still?

Wow...going through the gambit of emotions right now.

• Was anxious watching the spinning...why is it taking so long. How the heck did other people get the links to show up in their browser before 10am EST? It is 15 minutes after the hour...I am sure I will not get in.
  • Panic when it let me in...why are my fingers not working? What is my name...LOL. Why are they asking me so many questions?
  • Doubt when it said my CC information could not be used. Had to go back and enter it again....there is no way it will accept my registration!
  • Shock when it said thank you....am I reading this right? I made it! Virtual high-fives all around.
  • Cycle back to Panic...what did I just do? I have never run that distance before. I need to get on my training....I need help with my training. I don't know how to run anymore...LOL.

Congratulations to all those that got in. I am sorry for those that were not so lucky.

I had 2 browsers open, at exactly 10:00 this morning. (I missed the early registration for DVC members). Firefox opened up first at 10:10, and I registered for my first Run Disney 5K. I haven't really RUN in years, since my last knee surgery, but I'm an avid walker. Do you have to literally Jog/Run, or can you walk at a really good pace for the entire 5K?
We're usually in WDW/DVC during race weekend, and we enjoy seeing all the runners, their attire, and the Disney Medals, so it will be exciting to finally participate!
I hope everything is back to normal by 2021!
Any good tips for this new-bee ??

You can walk as long as you maintain 16 minute/mail from when the last person starts. Now that is the published number but for the 5k they are normally pretty lenient. The main reason they are strict on some fo the other races is geting the parks open but 5k is so early in the morning and shorter that they can be more lenient and still get parks open on time.

I have done dopey and I often walk some of the 5 and 10k when doing that to save energy for the half and full.

I made that mistake once and never again. Sorry. I make my husband and daughter both sit here with me and do it. Did you end up doing the full still?
Yes, and I’m hoping that more registrations open up later. We’ve already got a non-refundable DVC rental. I guess it will just be a nice chance to relax for them if they don’t get their registrations.

Yes, and I’m hoping that more registrations open up later. We’ve already got a non-refundable DVC rental. I guess it will just be a nice chance to relax for them if they don’t get their registrations.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya for some openings as I'll be keeping my eye out for the 5k as well. If not, they can at least come cheer you on!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter