This week has sucked, so I’m mainly excited just to get out of the house. Between losing our dog and getting sick, I haven’t been able to run since last Sunday. I felt like it more important to heal both physically and emotionally this week than to get those last few runs in; just have to trust my training and whatever happens, happens. Things I’m excited about more specifically are:

1) Toy Story Land
2) Nights without plans and just going to different lounges/bars for dinner
3) Watching Illuminations as much as I can
4) La Cava
5) The Peter Pan Float
6) New to us restaurants at Disney Springs
7) Festival of the Arts
8) Crossing the finish line at my first marathon!!

I am so freaking pumped I can barely stand it. This could also be an effect of the Red Bull I drank yesterday at 2 p.m. that kept me up until about 4 a.m. this morning (not joking, it did a number on this non-caffeine consumer). Anyway, for this final Sundays are for Disney before marathon weekend, I want to know three (or five or 10 or 50) things you are totally excited for. Try to be specific!

California Grill and fireworks
Illuminations cruise
10K booze stop
DATW
Seeing friends!

Rumored Half characters courtesy of leak on facebook....

Start-ESPN Mickey/Donald/goofy
1.6-world drive-jack sparrow
2.4-toll plaza-cars
3.35-Ralph/venelope
3.6-villians-snow queen, queen of hearts, Maleficent
5.2-
5.4-5.9
mike and sully
white rabbit
goofy
Sebastian
Castle breezeway-stepsisters/lady tremaine
Frontierland-woody/bullseye
6.1-Cinderella/charming/Tiana/naveen
7.0-chip/dale
7.4-
8.1-incredibles/Edna
10.4-green army men
12.1-up characters
12.4-clarrabelle
Finish-ESPN Chipmunks/Pluto

1. Having some kid-free time with my mom
2. Running my first half marathon at Disney (have done the marathon twice)
3. Riding FoP and visiting Toy Story Land for the first time
4. Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
5. Staying at Animal Kingdom - Jambo for the first time!
6. Pool time, pleaseeeeeee

2.4-toll plaza-cars
3.35-Ralph/venelope
5.2-
5.4-5.9
mike and sully
white rabbit
goofy
Sebastian
7.0-chip/dale
7.4-
8.1-incredibles/Edna
10.4-green army men
12.1-up characters
12.4-clarrabelle

Sweet! This is so helpful (if true) if I decide to stop for characters. I would stop for Mike/Sully, Woody/Bullseye, Incredibles/Edna, and Up characters.

This is the post on Facebook regarding the Full.....

The full list is really long...it’s also not super interesting as far as rare characters. Just ask. Ones that you don’t see in parks much-hook, incredibles, guardians of the galaxy characters, Fantasia ostrich, snow queen, Clara Elle, grave diggers, darkwing duck, launchpad mcquack, Judy and nick, tweedles, the mime, shadowman (princess and frog-dr. Facilier), jafar, penguins lots of different versions of the regular characters. A few princesses, fairy godmother, toy story characters, Alice, chipmunks, green army men, inside out characters, some lost people

This is the post on Facebook regarding the Full.....

The full list is really long...it’s also not super interesting as far as rare characters. Just ask. Ones that you don’t see in parks much-hook, incredibles, guardians of the galaxy characters, Fantasia ostrich, snow queen, Clara Elle, grave diggers, darkwing duck, launchpad mcquack, Judy and nick, tweedles, the mime, shadowman (princess and frog-dr. Facilier), jafar, penguins lots of different versions of the regular characters. A few princesses, fairy godmother, toy story characters, Alice, chipmunks, green army men, inside out characters, some lost people
Guardians characters is interesting.

I’m assuming Clara Elle is Clarabelle.

Judy and Nick is a new one.

2.4-toll plaza-cars
3.35-Ralph/venelope
5.2-
5.4-5.9
mike and sully
white rabbit
goofy
Sebastian
7.0-chip/dale
7.4-
8.1-incredibles/Edna
10.4-green army men
12.1-up characters
12.4-clarrabelle

That would be disappointing. I always look forward to the NBC characters at that 3.6 mile slot. Usually Oogie Boogie for the half and Jack and Sally for the full. Looks like they’ve completely revamped that stop.

2.4-toll plaza-cars
3.35-Ralph/venelope
5.2-
5.4-5.9
mike and sully
white rabbit
goofy
Sebastian
7.0-chip/dale
7.4-
8.1-incredibles/Edna
10.4-green army men
12.1-up characters
12.4-clarrabelle

Yes! I’m dressing up as one of the stepsisters for the half (Anastasia). So I was really hoping they might be out for photos. This made my day.

That would be disappointing. I always look forward to the NBC characters at that 3.6 mile slot. Usually Oogie Boogie for the half and Jack and Sally for the full. Looks like they’ve completely revamped that stop.

These are just rumored, but it sounds like it's coming from a reliable source. It will be interesting to see how accurate they are!

They had those villains out last year as well.

There’s a couple of spots where no characters are listed. Might be they moved them there. They sometimes move characters. Stitch got moved to near the Grand Floridian to Epcot last year. Don’t know where he is this year. So they might be someplace else.

Anyway, for this final Sundays are for Disney before marathon weekend, I want to know three (or five or 10 or 50) things you are totally excited for. Try to be specific!
I am totally excited for everything...but more specifically:
  • Checking in to my “home” resort and feeling like I’m back at home!
  • Attending the Expo and shopping for Marathon Weekend souvenirs with other race retreaters
  • Walking into Epcot for the first time this trip and feeling like I’m back at home!
  • Wearing my custom I <heart> Disney Dogs shirt for the 5k
  • Running my first race at WDW since the Wine & Dine 7-miler
  • Running through World Showcase with the torches lit!
  • Strawberry cream cheese cupcake at BoG
  • Running my first marathon at the happiest place on earth!
  • Relaxing in my room post marathon
  • Celebrating at Boma
  • Attending DATW!
  • A second post marathon celebration over breakfast at Tusker House
  • Enjoying the parks solo
  • Seeing some local Orlando friends and another long distance friend who will be running Dopey
  • Deciding what Marathon Weekend 2020 may hold for me...

I'm looking forward to:

- riding FoP and seeing Toy Story Land
- trying new restaurants, especially Boma
- staying deluxe for the first time in a LONG time
- 1 week with no kids!!!!!!!!
- checking Dopey off my bucket list
- reading by the pool

Question for those who have gone solo/kid-free before, what are some of your favorite things to do when you're alone or without kids that you don't get to do with them? Any special places you like to relax or hidden things I might not know about?

You can visit all the bars!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter