I don’t think it was supposed to be coursed until the past week because of the holidays. It has to be done at a time when the certifier can access it and between crowds, construction and operations it’s hard to get a timeframe. It will definitely have to be posted to USATF because of the switch to the Boardwalk side of Crescent Lake.

Not gonna lie @Keels i sorta had you in mind as the person who would reply here. Lol Thanks for your insight on the timing. I knew they needed to recertify because of the boardwalk change, but just didn’t know if/when they would actually post.

Low 40s for my 8 miler today...perfect day to break out this classic

IMG-8971.jpg

Not gonna lie @Keels i sorta had you in mind as the person who would reply here. Lol Thanks for your insight on the timing. I knew they needed to recertify because of the boardwalk change, but just didn’t know if/when they would actually post.

I figured as much!

The last two year have been “pre-certified” ... mostly because the changes to the course were negligible from a USATF standpoint and not enough to warrant a re-certify. It’s definitely happening this year and if I was a gamblin’ gal, it will probably happen tomorrow night now that the start-finish apparatus is in place.

Well, one week until the half and I'm seriously considering wearing a new type of shoe for the race.

Background - I wore New Balance 890s for five years until they redid their entire line and eliminated them. Switched to Mizuno Wave Inspire in 2017 even though I've never thought that I needed a stability shoe (just felt best at the running store).

Last week, I discovered the 890s were brought back. Coupled with the fact that my new pair of Inspire 13s feel huge even though they're the same size I always buy and I think they're causing some leg/arch soreness, I ordered a pair of 890s to try on the treadmill this week.

Worst case is I'll wear one of my old pair of Inspires for the race.

That being said the thunderstorms popping up is concerning. Hopefully this turns out more like 2016 and not 2017
I hope it's not 2016 in regards to humidity though, it was 100% humidity for the marathon.

How is everyone planning to carb load/ not eat bad while vacationing before the race lol
I am careful before the races and have some stuff bought to bring and am doing an Amazon Prime Now order once I get there for a few things. I'll still eat at the restaurants, but bringing some extras for before helps so I don't eat random snacks. After the races I can get those.

I found reservations for California Grill Brunch at 12:10PM, I think I'm going to have to cancel it. I don't think my friend will be finished in time, she's running 13m/mile pace and is starting in coral G. Does anyone want the reservation? It's for 3.

Also, I need to figure out how I'm going to carry my PB&J, I've never ran more than 16 miles without eating a sandwich during the run. Any ideas?

I hope it's not 2016 in regards to humidity though, it was 100% humidity for the marathon.

Ooh yeah definitely not. I was talking more in regards to the possibility of cancellation. Don’t think I ever realized the humidity in 2016 was at 100.

Side note finally got a BOG dinner for my normal Wednesday evening meal. Why the reservation dropped at almost midnight mountain time I have no clue. (Seriously I was debating my decision to even check for an opening) But I got it at least.

I am careful before the races and have some stuff bought to bring and am doing an Amazon Prime Now order once I get there for a few things. I'll still eat at the restaurants, but bringing some extras for before helps so I don't eat random snacks. After the races I can get those.

I've never used Amazon Prime Now but was hoping to this trip. I'm staying at Pop and won't be arrive at the hotel until after 10pm. Will it be ok if I place my order before I board my flight (around 5pm)? Will bell services hold it or put it in my room? I don't plan on getting anything that needs refrigeration.

I've never used Amazon Prime Now but was hoping to this trip. I'm staying at Pop and won't be arrive at the hotel until after 10pm. Will it be ok if I place my order before I board my flight (around 5pm)? Will bell services hold it or put it in my room? I don't plan on getting anything that needs refrigeration.
When you do the order you pick a time frame, so pick one for when you'll be there. I'm not totally sure, but I think Bell Services holds it then delivers it when you are there. I could be wrong on that though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter