My husband knows to stop if he sees Stitch in any costume or he'll hear about it.

Other than that, he will stop depending on how he feels the race is going. At Wine & Dine Half - he knew he wasn't going to PR because he really raced the 10K so he stopped along the way if it was a cool character or the line wasn't bad.

I have a feeling he'll stop more during the Marathon than the Half Marathon this time around.

For me, a lot depends on the character and how long the line is. I’m a pretty slow runner so I don’t have a lot of time to spend but love seeing the unique characters. At my first marathon, I had to stop for Cogsworth because every time I play the Which Character Are You? at DCA Animation, I end up being Cogsworth.

I’d love to get pics with Sebastian, Lumiere, Megara or Hades. I loved the gravediggers but the line was huge and I couldn’t help thinking at that point if I laid down, I might not want to get back up. Ralph and Vanellope might get me to stop this time too.

SAFD: I was just lurking on @rteetz’s Wine and Dine TR and I’m really hoping some of the characters he mentioned seeing on that half course are out! Seemed like there was more variety/deviation from the runDisney standard that race. Would especially love to get my hands on a picture with Elvis stitch!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Marathon weekend kicks off in 23 days!

This week's Sundays are for Disney is about characters. For the runners planning on making a bunch of character stops, who do you hope to see along the route? For those of you on the fence/not planning to make character stops, which character or characters would get you to stop? For those of you who have run past races, who has been the best character you've seen along the course (in any race)?

I'm not planning on making a lot of stops and I might only make them for the half. But, I would probably stop for Oswald (I'd much rather see him in the parks), The Incredibles and Frozone, Mike and Sully and MAYBE Buzz and Woody. I don't remember a lot of the characters from my lone rD experience, but seeing Vacation Genie (by the golf course? It was right outside of MK) was pretty cool.

Have a great week, everyone.

Mary poppins penguins, cinderellas mice, stitch, any of the fab five in non traditional outfits. Pirates! I know I'll think of more.

Ooooh. I didn’t think of Stitch. He might make his way to my list of potential stops.

My first ever WDW 5k many moons ago I stopped for stitch but he swapped out for Lilo. Which is ok bc I love her too. But I still need to add a Stitch to my race pic collection.

I have never stopped for a character picture during a race. That said, I do love to see them on the course. I really should try it sometime!
I didn’t stop for a character until my 9th runDisney race when I was at the Wine & Dine Half. I was always good with just seeing them and getting selfies as I ran by. But I’m glad I did stop during that half otherwise I wouldn’t have my awesome Dopey picture that turned out to be foreshadowing to me training for Dopey now!

This week's Sundays are for Disney is about characters. For the runners planning on making a bunch of character stops, who do you hope to see along the route? For those of you on the fence/not planning to make character stops, which character or characters would get you to stop? For those of you who have run past races, who has been the best character you've seen along the course (in any race)?
I’m making all the stops. Poor overworked vacation genie will likely be out for most of the races again.

My favorite characters I’ve stopped for were probably Oogie Boogie, Edna Mode, and Elvis Stitch.

I hope there are at least a few I haven’t seen before but that likely also means long lines...

SAFD: I won’t stop for any characters, but I absolutely love seeing some of the more obscure ones along the half and full routes. I’ve especially enjoyed and look forward to Oogie Boogie, Jack and Sally, Hades, Pain and Panic and the HM grave diggers. I’d love to see Robin Hood, Maid Marion, Little John and the Sheriff of Nottingham this year. I saw them at DL one year, but haven’t come across them at a WDW race.

SAFD: I won’t stop for any characters, but I absolutely love seeing some of the more obscure ones along the half and full routes. I’ve especially enjoyed and look forward to Oogie Boogie, Jack and Sally, Hades, Pain and Panic and the HM grave diggers. I’d love to see Robin Hood, Maid Marion, Little John and the Sheriff of Nottingham this year. I saw them at DL one year, but haven’t come across them at a WDW race.

I think I remember seeing a rotation of Robin Hood characters out on the way to AK for the 2017 marathon.

Since it's my first Marathon I'm not sure I'm going to stop for any characters. It really depends upon the line, how I'm doing time wise and how I'm feeling at that point. Selfies with them are probably mandatory though. I actually don't care who I see but I did have a dream last night that they severely, severely cut back on the amount of characters on the course due to the fact that they didn't sell out any race. I was impressed because it was my first late training cycle marathon dream LOL. Bring 'em on!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Marathon weekend kicks off in 23 days!

Hades was fun to see in the full recently, as were all the old rides.

I don't usually stop for characters. I have stopped for Darth Vader, storm troopers, R2D2 and C3PO, and BB8 during the Star Wars 5k and 10k at Disneyland. I'm always tempted to stop for Pluto too, 'cause he's my guy!

I won't hesitate to stop during the 5k but I'm not sure if I'll be stopping during the marathon. I guess if I'm looking for an excuse for a short break, character photos are a good one!

SAFD:
I'll probably stop for all the characters and then get swept. Just putting it out there. It's hard for me to justify not stopping for a character. I love them all. For me, stopping for all the characters is part of my runDisney experience, and I've accepted the fact that I may have to choose between all the characters and finishing. And I'm okay with that. (I know this isn't the case for everyone, but) for me, there's no wrong decision there.
Characters I really want to see are Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope, Minnie Mouse (always), Vacation Genie, and any of the princesses. Also, anyone I've never seen before.
My favorite characters that I've stopped for in the past are Remy and Emile from Ratatouille. Also, Mittens from Bolt, mostly because I still haven't seen Bolt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter