RunDisney charged my credit card three times, one has been returned. No registration to show for it. I’m not trying again until this has been resolved.

So much for registering today. Where’s my beer?

Math is: T2 = T1 x (D2 / D1)^R

R = 1.06, 1.07, or 1.08 based on source.

T2 = Time of race #2
T1 = Time of race #1
D2 = Distance of race #2
D1 = Distance of race #1
R = a value that is manipulated to display the relationship between the time and distance. While distance is linear (D2/D1) like M/HM = 2, the ability to run the race is not linear (no one doubles their HM time to make their M time). The R was found to be a good pattern as to how much a person would slow when increasing the distance. Rigel initially placed this value at 1.06. McMillan uses 1.07. Based on limited data, it appears rD is closer to 1.08.

Example -

2:40 HM to a M conversion

Marathon Time = HM Time * (Marathon Distance / HM Distance)^1.06

Marathon Time = 2:40 * (2)^1.06

Marathon Time = 2:40 * 2.08

Marathon Time = 5:33:35
What does ^ mean? Clearly it means something, because 2 x 1.06 is not 2.08 (as in your example). #math

RunDisney charged my credit card three times, one has been returned. No registration to show for it. I’m not trying again until this has been resolved.

So much for registering today. Where’s my beer?
Yep that was me on Tuesday. It was finally erased when I woke up this morning.

Nothing definitive, but this is what I came up with based on 2018:

View attachment 337949

To be in corral E (the last POT submitted corral), you would need a 10 mile time between 1:56:36 - 1:58:52 based on the conversion used. You would need a 2:36:06 - 2:38:17 HM based on the conversion used for a 5:30 M. I believe runDisney is on the faster side of the conversions necessary (so the 1:56:36 10 mile and 2:36:06 HM) to hit that 5:30 Marathon conversion.

Also, I played around with the registration. I was able to confirm, that if you choose a non-POT estimated finish (Over 5:30 or Over 2:45), then you are asked for an anticipated finish from a drop-down menu choice. Those three choices are very likely going to represent the last three corrals. If you choose the 1st of those choices, you will be in the 1st non-POT corral (Corral F as seen above). If you choose the 3rd of those choices (like 3:16-3:30), you will be in the last corral overall (Corral H as seen above).

View attachment 337950 View attachment 337951
I missed the half marathon additional breakdowns for 2:45:00 or greater on my post [and screen capture] earlier this morning for POT. Thanks for posting the breakdowns and keeping me honest!

On a semi-related note, I highly recommend keeping a file with notes about what recurring payments you have going to a credit card, if any, and if you use multiple cards, which payments are associated with which card. This recommendation is brought to you by multiple stolen credit card numbers.

Second this! Also suggest that if you have 2 credit cards all of the recurring payments are on one and you use the other one for everything else. Makes life easier when there is an issue.

Yeah I knew the first part. You’d think they would do better being such a large company though.

MDE does not seem to have the same issue.
Which really makes me wonder how much of a rush job this new registration platform was. This is something I understand doing during the development process, but it should not make it to the live site.
I know I'm just being oversensitive because this is somewhat what I do, but ... I expect better from Disney.

MDE does not seem to have the same issue.
Which really makes me wonder how much of a rush job this new registration platform was. This is something I understand doing during the development process, but it should not make it to the live site.
I know I'm just being oversensitive because this is somewhat what I do, but ... I expect better from Disney.
Agreed, I expect better from them as well and we all should. For how much money we give them for these races and vacations.

Open Chrome, press F12 (on PC) or option + cmd + J (on Mac), then log into the runDisney website.
In the console, you will see an arrow that says "Object" next to it. Click that arrow. Then click the arrow next to profile. You should see lots of fun information.
That's the lesser part of the problem (the worse part is something that most people don't understand, but in the hands of the wrong person can cause a lot of trouble).

I my favourite is:
devEnvironment:true
Explains why it is so chatty in the console. Though scary that it means that they are likely live debugging this :| at least they are transmitting using TLS.

On the plus side, I got myself registered for the 10K :) Hopefully this race doesn't suffer the same fate as the 2017 Half Marathon!

edit: looking through the data again, I am curious what you are finding that shouldn't be there, they are using a secure connection, and the data I am finding isn't scary to have over TLS - @SarahDisney ?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter