• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it crazy to run a marathon on December 8th and then run one on January 13th just for fun and picture stops?? Asking for a friend...LOL.
I'm in the camp that figures running a marathon is crazy enough yet here I am in for Dopey.

I feel sick. I'm so nervous!! I never saw myself registering for a marathon.... :scared1: here's to hoping it goes smoothly...
Even a year ago I was reasonably sure I would never run a marathon.

OMG I'm a ball of nerves just registering!!! Wonder what it'll be like actually waiting in the corral?!
Just don't let your excitement get the best of you. Hopefully I do not repeat the mistake I made in my first half in my first full.

Assuming you're in a corral with other DISers ... a party with awesome friends.
(I think ... I'm usually too asleep to enjoy the pre-race fun)
"Sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" Ralph Wiggum on The Simpsons. Seriously though what is this sleep you speak of with runDisney?

Cold, windy, and way too early
That was my justification for race retreat. At least I'll only be dealing with way too early. Well that and I hope race retreat preserves my legs somewhat.

Welp, made it in. Filled everything out. Clicked pay and it locked up on me. Hit refresh, now I’m totally locked out.
Same thing happened to my sister. In her case a couple minutes later she got in.

Wow, you guys are making ME nervous, and I'm not even registering this year.
Plenty of time to change that.

Fun fact: most of us will finish our races faster than the time it took to register for them.
Even me and I usually hang out with the balloon ladies at the end of WDW races.

One thing (I'm not sure if it was one of my problems or not). I was hopping between browsers, and when using Microsoft Edge, it tried to disable Flash on one of the pages during registration. I forced Flash on just to make sure (why in the world is Disney using Flash on a new system!!!!!)

That was WAY TOO Stressful. Even though my Credit Card was charged for the right price like 10 minutes after it opened up that never went through on the runDisney website or my profile and so I had to re-try endless times to get registered. Finally got through again and now its all showing up and I've received the emails.
If anyone is still trying don't give up.

Waiting to see if my credit card has been dinged 1,000 times before giving it another shot.

Drinking heavily tonight in order to forget this whole process.

After the multiple "Failure" messages, I was able to get one to go through. Now waiting in the queue again for #2. I'm worried my CC is going to reject it for fraud reasons - too many attempts at the same online purchase for a high dollar amount relative to my usual spending on that card.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Good grief, what a mess this seems to be! Who could've imagined Disney would have IT issues?!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Early registration wasn't what I'd call easy, but at least I was able to get it done relatively quickly. Unreal. So do we know if anything's sold out yet? I don't want to gunk up the system by trying to go in to look...

Ok, I'm sure I missed this somewhere in all the posts but what is the required half marathon POT time for an under 5:30 marathon selection? I am not registering today, just want to make sure I have all my info ready when I do. Congrats to all of you who got in today! :)

Nothing definitive, but this is what I came up with based on 2018:

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 1.10.35 PM.png

To be in corral E (the last POT submitted corral), you would need a 10 mile time between 1:56:36 - 1:58:52 based on the conversion used. You would need a 2:36:06 - 2:38:17 HM based on the conversion used for a 5:30 M. I believe runDisney is on the faster side of the conversions necessary (so the 1:56:36 10 mile and 2:36:06 HM) to hit that 5:30 Marathon conversion.

Also, I played around with the registration. I was able to confirm, that if you choose a non-POT estimated finish (Over 5:30 or Over 2:45), then you are asked for an anticipated finish from a drop-down menu choice. Those three choices are very likely going to represent the last three corrals. If you choose the 1st of those choices, you will be in the 1st non-POT corral (Corral F as seen above). If you choose the 3rd of those choices (like 3:16-3:30), you will be in the last corral overall (Corral H as seen above).

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.56.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.56.55 AM.png

I don't know how I did it but I managed to hit the right button somewhere and now I can see them all in the account and holy **** I am running Dopey and my whole family is getting to do part of it with me.

I got to register 8 races individually.

I can run a half marathon in the time it took me to do this registration, runDisney.

That's the thing that happens in between when I leave the parks at midnight and when the first corral fireworks go off at 5:30.
Preeeeeeeettyyyyy much. *She types, as she is yawning at work after sleeping for 6.5 hours, and only running 5 miles this morning*

Waiting to see if my credit card has been dinged 1,000 times before giving it another shot.

Drinking heavily tonight in order to forget this whole process.
Guess I'll have a margarita tonight for you, too. Like I did for @rteetz on Tuesday.

Nothing definitive, but this is what I came up with based on 2018:

View attachment 337949

To be in corral E (the last POT submitted corral), you would need a 10 mile time between 1:56:36 - 1:58:52 based on the conversion used. You would need a 2:36:06 - 2:38:17 HM based on the conversion used for a 5:30 M. I believe runDisney is on the faster side of the conversions necessary (so the 1:56:36 10 mile and 2:36:06 HM) to hit that 5:30 Marathon conversion.

Also, I played around with the registration. I was able to confirm, that if you choose a non-POT estimated finish (Over 5:30 or Over 2:45), then you are asked for an anticipated finish from a drop-down menu choice. Those three choices are very likely going to represent the last three corrals. If you choose the 1st of those choices, you will be in the 1st non-POT corral (Corral F as seen above). If you choose the 3rd of those choices (like 3:16-3:30), you will be in the last corral overall (Corral H as seen above).

View attachment 337950 View attachment 337951

Okay, thanks! I have a 2:34:35 half time so I should be good to go for a 5:30 or under selection! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter