• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I haven’t done marathon weekend in probably 5 years. Is it worth the headache registering today just to register for the marathon? I can’t remember what order these races usually sell out in. I’m in “line” now, but not sure how long this will take...

Things were going well for a while, I was only waiting about 2-3 minutes on each re-login to add another registration. Then 20 minutes ago, I started cycling endlessly on the "The Wait is Almost Over" page again...

I haven’t done marathon weekend in probably 5 years. Is it worth the headache registering today just to register for the marathon? I can’t remember what order these races usually sell out in. I’m in “line” now, but not sure how long this will take...
Marathon usually takes months to sell out.

Will you be able to buy them individually at the expo?

Do not count on it. The pin bundles last year included a pin replica of the race medal and a pin of the race logo. I did not see either of those at the expo, despite having early access. This year the bundle also includes the ‘I Did It’ pin for the race and it was not until I went back to the expo Friday afternoon that I saw those.

If you want the pins, order them in the next few months. This way you can pick them up on Wednesday and not be disappointed when the race pin you - or your kids - want is no where to be found. There will be other stuff available for purchase at the expo (race specific shirts, jackets and hats) and lots of running vendors. Should anyone in your family have ‘I want this’ shopping syndrome make sure purchasing expectations are clear before you get there.

The first day of expo is a zoo, so bring your patience.

Random question - does anyone have an email address for runDisney/Disney IT? Was talking to one of my coworkers and we're very uncomfortable with something that's being done on the website and I wanted to contact runDisney and make them aware of the fact that it should be corrected.

Side note: Watch whatever credit card you used today for fraud. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'm also not saying that rD is handling your personal information securely.

Did anyone get: "Entered card can’t be used for payment. Please use a different card" on the final payment screen? Over and over, and I've tried several different cards with no luck.

Random question - does anyone have an email address for runDisney/Disney IT? Was talking to one of my coworkers and we're very uncomfortable with something that's being done on the website and I wanted to contact runDisney and make them aware of the fact that it should be corrected.

Side note: Watch whatever credit card you used today for fraud. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'm also not saying that rD is handling your personal information securely.

If it’s what I’m thinking your talking about, it was the same way on Tuesday too.

If it’s what I’m thinking your talking about, it was the same way on Tuesday too.

It's been that way since they launched the new registration platform, but a coworker pointed out a piece of information to me that I hadn't noticed before that we think makes it even worse.
Also ... the fact that it's been that way for a while doesn't make it any less wrong. This is web security 101. I probably should have said something when I noticed it a few weeks ago, but I didn't. I'm trying to correct that mistake now.

It's been that way since they launched the new registration platform, but a coworker pointed out a piece of information to me that I hadn't noticed before that we think makes it even worse.
Also ... the fact that it's been that way for a while doesn't make it any less wrong. This is web security 101. I probably should have said something when I noticed it a few weeks ago, but I didn't. I'm trying to correct that mistake now.
What's the issue? I'm curious.

What's the issue? I'm curious.

Open Chrome, press F12 (on PC) or option + cmd + J (on Mac), then log into the runDisney website.
In the console, you will see an arrow that says "Object" next to it. Click that arrow. Then click the arrow next to profile. You should see lots of fun information.
That's the lesser part of the problem (the worse part is something that most people don't understand, but in the hands of the wrong person can cause a lot of trouble).

Open Chrome, press F12 (on PC) or option + cmd + J (on Mac), then log into the runDisney website.
In the console, you will see an arrow that says "Object" next to it. Click that arrow. Then click the arrow next to profile. You should see lots of fun information.
That's the lesser part of the problem (the worse part is something that most people don't understand, but in the hands of the wrong person can cause a lot of trouble).
Great now I’m really thrilled...

Some technical stuff that maybe should be fixed.
Ways I will be able to make my husband twitch this evening. (He does security development work.)

On a semi-related note, I highly recommend keeping a file with notes about what recurring payments you have going to a credit card, if any, and if you use multiple cards, which payments are associated with which card. This recommendation is brought to you by multiple stolen credit card numbers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter