Marathon Weekend 2017!

Any idea on if runDisney will be offering the non expo packet pick up deal for marathon weekend? And am I right in saying it hasn't been offered for challenges? Thinking about Dopey but not sure I can swing the extra day to get bib. Thanks in advance.

Any idea on if runDisney will be offering the non expo packet pick up deal for marathon weekend? And am I right in saying it hasn't been offered for challenges? Thinking about Dopey but not sure I can swing the extra day to get bib. Thanks in advance.
It's possible they'll offer it maybe based on how successful it was during star wars.

It's possible they'll offer it maybe based on how successful it was during star wars.

From what I have read, not many people used it for Star Wars. However, for the $39 they charged, they still probably came out ahead, and there will be a much bigger pool of people available for Marathon Weekend. It's almost free money in RD's pockets.

What they need to work on for Marathon Weekend is merchandise control. The single biggest complaint I have seen from Star Wars, which I experienced myself, was the lack of good merchandise left on the second day of the expo. Multiple things were sold out the first day, and even those of us at the expo first thing on the second morning still could not find what we wanted. Magnets seemed to be the most popular items that were gone. That's something they could simply offer for advance purchase, and a couple local races I run in do just that.

What they need to work on for Marathon Weekend is merchandise control. The single biggest complaint I have seen from Star Wars, which I experienced myself, was the lack of good merchandise left on the second day of the expo. Multiple things were sold out the first day, and even those of us at the expo first thing on the second morning still could not find what we wanted. Magnets seemed to be the most popular items that were gone. That's something they could simply offer for advance purchase, and a couple local races I run in do just that.
I don't know if that was unexpected though. Star Wars merch was bound to be incredibly popular. This year at marathon weekend only a few things sold out on the first day. I have found marathon weekend to be fairly good with merchandise.

From what I have read, not many people used it for Star Wars. However, for the $39 they charged, they still probably came out ahead, and there will be a much bigger pool of people available for Marathon Weekend. It's almost free money in RD's pockets.

Sounds though like I shouldn't sign up for Dopey assuming it will be there. Oh well may just go for Goofy. Thanks!

So question: if I want to do the castaway cay challenge, do I sign up for my wdw race first and then the challenge? or do I go directly to the challenge?

It was offered for the Challenge I'm pretty sure. but yeah who knows if they'll offer it again.

So does this mean that once DW registers herself, there will be an option that allows her to register DD without going back out to the queue. Essentially, she would only see the little green man one time.

I know the whole Active routine when it has just been us registering. This is the first time we will be trying to register the kids for the same races we will be running in. With the 5K being the most popular, I am making sure I know what to expect ahead of time.

For all the Disney races we've run, I've been able to register our kids without starting a new session. But I've not yet encountered the green man, so I'm not sure what happens under his watch!

Just wondering which resort people are staying in. Trying to decide so figured I would just see where everyone else is staying.
the wife and I stayed at all star sports ,will be doing the same this time around again, we like the price and since it was just us two, we didn't need any extra space and the transportation was super easy, had a bus just for our resort, pre and post run , so we did not have to stay on the bus for longer than needed

So question: if I want to do the castaway cay challenge, do I sign up for my wdw race first and then the challenge? or do I go directly to the challenge?
I booked my cruise 2 days before the start of Dopey and signed up for the challenge on the ship when I got on.

Boardwalk Villas. :)

Right now, Boardwalk is one of our top choices. I'll spend a couple days at WDW with our youngest (maybe All Star Movies) early in the week and then we'll move over to BWI, BC or YC when the rest of the family arrives for the weekend. After staying BWI, then Poly, then Poly again for WDW race weekends, I prefer the Epcot area overall. But final decisions will depend on resort discounts!

Hoping for some expert advice for a newbie. Plan on running first Run Disney races January 2017! I would like to register for the 5K and 10K. My DS24, would like to run the 5K with me and then the half. Advice on order of registration would be welcome. We both plan to be on computers right at noon on the 26th ready to register and will have our Active.com accounts set up before then. Any advise appreciated. This registration thing appears to be a task. Thank you!

well one thing to keep in mind is that the half is an anniversary run with an anniversary medal , so expect a lot of people to be doing just the half and no other run during the the weekend. I myself will be running the 10k and the half but will be signing up for the half first then the 10. good luck!!

Can't wait for registration to open tomorrow. We weren't planning to go for a few years, but have decided to run everything except the marathon next year as our 14yo DD will run with us!

I have a question about registering if someone can help please, do we all need to register separately, or can I do it for all of us? I have an active.com account, but DH and DD don't. TIA :earsboy::earsgirl:princess:

best if you do it one at a time or with each of you having your own active account . lots of issues when you sign up multiple people

Which website do we register at? I've seen lots of talk of active.com but I'm not sure if it's there or at the rundisney website. I want to know what to have open in my browser at 11:45 tomorrow! :)

create an active.com account and then sign in right before the registration opens , when the link goes live click on it and it will take you to active.com and you should be already logged in

A bit more than 24 hours to wait for registration. I am planning to run the 10k and the half-marathon. Very happy that our Canadian dollar is getting stronger these days. This will be a solo trip and I am planning to stay at Port Orleans resort. Since I work evening shift this week, I will go for a run tomorrow morning with my partner (my dog Daisy) to calm my nerves and than wait till noon to do the race (registration). And checking the Disney store website for the in training shirt...
Diane

I'm from Canada too and I'm glad the dollar is going up !!

For those of you who have registered for runDisney races in the past...I'm seeing mixed reviews about hitting "refresh" once you are in the queue during registration. I've heard that you absolutely should not hit it because you will lose your place and then I see other people chant "refresh, refresh, refresh!" What say you?

DON'T!!!!! IT WILL KICK YOU TO THE BACK OF THE LINE !! Its hard not to since nothing really happens but now they seem to have a green running man and a progress bar so you can actually see some progress

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter