Mandymouse's Fantasy Back2Back ~ Part 2

Loving the report and pics Mandy!!! All the little animals in your state room are fab!

This looked like another lovely day. We always end up at the same place in Cozumel, too. Just for us it is Chankanaab. The story with Crush is so funny.

Corinna

LOL at Crush.

The weather looked a bit iffy there when you were sitting on the beach! We've done the same thing the past 2 times we were in Cozumel too. :rotfl: I think we might try a beach break next time as we've never done that. We've rented a taxi and gone round the island the past couple of times, there are some great bars on the other side of the island. :goodvibes

The characters are to cute in their halloween costumes

Love your report Mandy :) I still dream of the day I can convince DFi to do a cruise!
X

:hug: Thanks for your lovely comments and taking the time to read my trippy

Tuesday 16th September

4A3D7667-DDD5-4C80-961E-E7AEF54CBA08_zpsprbdjk5d.png

I woke around 6.30am and had the bright idea of going for a run. Paul was still asleep, so I quickly got ready, trying not to disturb him. As I grabbed my trainers he woke and decided to come with me. My plan was to do 3 laps around the running deck (2 1/2 laps = 1 mile). Paul was going to run at a slower pace so I set off. Goodness it was warm and I managed to jog/fast walk it. When I saw Paul he was setting off for a 4th lap, but I wanted to run up the stairs to get some water from deck 11, so we arranged to meet back at our stateroom

We had showers and decided on some breakfast from Cabanas. I had fruit and a yoghurt, and Paul had fruit and eggs on toast. Then I enjoyed a latte as the ship approached the Cayman Islands

DSC01968_zpsff91f7c1.jpg

DSC01969_zps4d986585.jpg

They were due to start tendering onto Grand Cayman around 10.30am. We were to head to Animator's Palate to pick up a tendering ticket, so just after 10 we joined the already long line as we waited for AP to open. A few moment later it opened, and shortly after the first group of 100 were heading to the boats. We were in the second group and by 10.45 we were on our way to the island

DSC01978_zpsb30ecb02.jpg

Our first plan for today was to get a taxi to Royal Palms. Our taxi picked up people along the way and it cost $2.50 each. At Royal Palms we paid the $2 each admission and found two loungers ($7 each) on the beach. Well it was boiling today, we didn't last long. Paul took some photos of the ship from the beach, then we chilled near the bar for a while

DSC_0348_zpsa0dc31b1.jpg

DSC_0338_zps05880351.jpg

DSC_0347_zps512e1e95.jpg

DSC01974_zps0d6fd185.jpg

DSC01975_zps1f1e7833.jpg

Our next plan was lunch and Hurricanes at the Hard Rock. We were chuffed that our taxi driver dropped us off right outside ($4 each this time), only for us to find that the Hard Rock was closed, we were gutted

We wandered into some shops, took photos, then went to Margaritaville for a drinky, well what a rip off !! $26 for two mediocre cocktails, I wasn't impressed, so we left after one drink (pfft !!)

DSC01976_zps2f16f3a8.jpg

DSC01977_zpsbb48e2d0.jpg

DSC01979_zps85b675c4.jpg

DSC_0363_zps19b3b3a6.jpg

DSC_0370_zps5cec5613.jpg

We caught the tender boat back to the Fantasy, messaged the girls on Whatsapp for a while (as they were heading to Heathrow for the start of their fab-u-lous holiday/cruise to Hawaii), then we went up to deck 11 for some lunch, wraps for me and cheeseburger for Paul

It was still very hot out, so we chilled in the aircon near the atrium for a while, then popped up to top deck for a sunbathe when it had gone a bit cloudier. We had a nice long sit out, then took photos and had some Bahama Mamas as the sun began to set

DSC01986_zps23e0ef8e.jpg

DSC01989_zps8a2771c0.jpg

DSC01991_zpsb5c2bddb.jpg

DSC_0380_zpsce39a67f.jpg

DSC_0383_zps9557f0c6.jpg

DSC_0387_zps3ea163e9.jpg

Dinner tonight was at the Enchanted Garden. We had a drink or two at the Bon Voyage bar then wandered down to deck 2. I had a cheese polenta starter and Paul had salmon. For our mains I had turkey dinner and Paul had peppered steak, then to finish off we both had lemon cheesecake, once again it was all very nice

DSC01996_zps03a016a7.jpg

After dinner we went to the Skyline Lounge to finish off one passport and start another. After a couple of delish cocktails we headed to bed

DSC01997_zps2f8cc2e8.jpg

DSC01999_zps709578b4.jpg

DSC02002_zps70065286.jpg

DSC02003_zps695ee5fb.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Jamaica & Pirate Night

I hate paying top $ for a sub-par drink!! The bahama mamas look like they made up for it though. ;) Beautiful sunset that night.

Well done on going for a run first thing in the morning especially as it was so hot. What a shame that it was too warm for you to really enjoy Royal Palms. We loved it there last year.

Corinna

Well blast it! I was going to comment on the run and forgot! LOL. Good job on getting a form of exercise in other than lifting a glass :-)

Phew...I've caught up Mand! :) Loving it so far as always! I'm forever impressed with your cocktail consumption haha!

That is a very pricey cocktail.

I hate paying top $ for a sub-par drink!! The bahama mamas look like they made up for it though. ;) Beautiful sunset that night.

Well done on going for a run first thing in the morning especially as it was so hot. What a shame that it was too warm for you to really enjoy Royal Palms. We loved it there last year.

Corinna

Well blast it! I was going to comment on the run and forgot! LOL. Good job on getting a form of exercise in other than lifting a glass :-)

Phew...I've caught up Mand! :) Loving it so far as always! I'm forever impressed with your cocktail consumption haha!

Thanks for reading along :)

Wednesday 17th September

6CECF600-92FE-48A2-8E72-23102E98F233_zpslyluzr8z.png

When we woke this morning, we had already docked in Falmouth, Jamaica. We watched the Bridge View on our TV as the Freedom of the Seas docked too

We didn't really have any plans for today, so by the time we leisurely got ready, the ship had emptied out as people went on their excursions

We had some fruit from Cabanas then I grabbed a skinny latte from the Cove Cafe, then we settled up on deck 13 for a sunbathe. We enjoyed a lovely couple of hours up there, and while cooling down in Satellite Falls we chatted to a couple from the Dibb and our FB group before heading back to our room to shower before disembarking

DSC02004_zps72eb3d91.jpg

DSC02005_zps03b25001.jpg

DSC02006_zps666aa91e.jpg

We wandered around the shops and Paul treated himself to yet another fancy schmancy watch, then we ventured into Margaritaville. This time the prices were in US$, so we sat back to enjoy a few cocktails. We really enjoyed our time here (what a difference a day makes as they say), then we had a look around (what a cool Margaritaville it is) and took some pics

DSC02007_zpsd15cccc2.jpg

DSC02008_zpsfded7c02.jpg

DSC02009_zps845945f0.jpg

DSC02011_zpsec2043c8.jpg

DSC02013_zps92e09922.jpg

DSC_0393_zps8fa00a25.jpg

DSC_0396_zps9b7894f2.jpg

DSC_0397_zps6a57cce2.jpg

We then headed back towards the ship

DSC_0398_zps83578045.jpg

DSC_0400_zpsbbe0e646.jpg

DSC_0401_zps9398711e.jpg

... Cont'd

After dropping our stuff back at the room, where we found our Castaway Club gift waiting for us ..

DSC02020_zps37581255.jpg

.. we then decided to have some lunch in Cabanas. We had a lovely lunch, we had vegetable biriyani, and spicy lamb and it tasted very good. We then went back to our room to chill for a while

We messaged our girls who were waiting to board their Air Canada flight to Vancouver and who had just had lunch at Yo Sushi and were now being let loose on duty free :rotfl:

Around 4ish we decided to head back outside for a sunbathe, but it had gone very cloudy, within moments of sitting on our lounger the heavens opened. We took shelter near Satelitte Falls but it didn't let up, so we ran down to deck 11 where we enjoyed some chicken tenders and fries. We went back to our room and chilled till it was time to get ready for pirate night. We had a drink at the Bon Voyage bar then headed into the Royal Court. We both had pot stickers to start and chicken for our main, to finish off we had fruit cobbler with ice cream (the fruit cobbler was THE BEST !!! ::yes::)

DSC02024_zps352fa4aa.jpg

DSC02025_zpsefc5c393.jpg

I think all the food and cocktails were catching up with me tonight as I was getting a really bad stomach ache and I felt bloated, but I made it up to the top deck for the fireworks

DSC_0422_zpsbe003868.jpg

DSC_0432_zpsfb923fec.jpg

DSC_0449_zpse2873d5c.jpg

DSC_0450_zps80d2a5fe.jpg

DSC_0451_zpsdfc25fe0.jpg

I was struggling and just wanted my bed, so Paul took a few pics of the deck party, then we called it a night

DSC_0457_zpsedf00f7f.jpg

DSC_0459_zps68a886e7.jpg

DSC_0461_zps0282b022.jpg

DSC02021_zps81e48d13.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Day at Sea

Oh no! The I-am-on-a-cruise crud!! I hope that you quickly felt better. The Falmouth port area looks nice! Did you get any info from your table mates in what they did and if they enjoyed it? That Margaritaville looks huge!

This looks like another fab day apart from the rain and you feeling unwell in the evening. I love the look of that pool.

Corinna

Thursday 18th September

3087514B-C19A-4628-AE7A-977DC04AB8DF_zpsdvi9kbhf.png

I woke around 7am and felt fine (yay!!). We decided to start the day with a jog/walk around deck 3 and after completing more than a mile we showered and went for some breakfast at Cabanas (me, fruit and yoghurt. Paul fruit and eggs on toast). I then grabbed my usual skinny latte from Andraeu in the Cove Cafe then we claimed our spot on deck 13

Our DD's messaged us to say they had woken early in Vancouver and were excitedly waiting to board the Carnival Miracle that lunchtime :boat:

Today we had the tedious chore of doing some washing. After thinking I had left my laundry washing then returning to find that it hadn't been, and trying again, then finally getting a different machine to work, we finally got our first load washed and dried (phew !) :woohoo:

After the stress of getting that done, we needed some liquid refreshment !!! So we went off to see Sam at the Cove Cafe. Anyway after 4 drinks of the day (?something with lots of Malibu in it) the whole washing saga was forgotten

DSC02026_zpsbc0c6e0e.jpg

After our delicious cocktails, that left me rather squiffy (don't you just love the word squiffy? :rotfl:), it was after 4pm, so we thought this would be a good time for another sunbathe

We chilled on top deck for an hour or so, then watched a beautiful sunset

DSC_0464_zpscb54250c.jpg

DSC_0469_zps3667936b.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsd2ba19f1.jpg

DSC_0472_zpsde65b57a.jpg

DSC_0474_zps8e9bc703.jpg

DSC_0475_zps3187e88e.jpg

DSC_0476_zps6eabf438.jpg

DSC_0483_zpscde97bcc.jpg

DSC_0484_zpse4108948.jpg

After a quick shower we got ready for dinner. Tonight dinner was at the Royal Court again, and it was semi-formal night. We usually tend to miss this night as in the past it has been billed as Lobster/Seafood menu, which neither of us are that keen on. Well I checked the menu on our DCL app (which has been great this week) and the menu looked rather nice

We started the evening off with a cocktail from the Skyline Lounge, then headed to dinner stopping off for a drink to take into dinner from Bon Voyage

DSC_0444_zps9100cca8.jpg

DSC_0445_zps2bbe7d8c.jpg

DSC02027_zps942f4c88.jpg

DSC02028_zpsb7cc288c.jpg

DSC02030_zpsc690cee3.jpg

DSC02029_zpsef835a04.jpg

One of our couples was dining at Palo tonight, so we sat with Dave & Becky. We both started with minestrone soup, then I had chicken and Paul had veal. To finish off we both had apple pie with ice-cream and it was all very tasty

After dinner we finished off our last two drinks on our Skyline passport, then it was off to bed after a quick Captain Mai Tai from Bon Voyage

DSC02031_zps5e74417d.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Castaway Cay

Very much enjoying your report as always Mandy and looking forward to the next episode on the wonderful Castaway Cay.

Kev

This looks like another great day. I am glad that you felt better. The sunset looked beautiful.

Corinna

Great Pirate shirt. And great sunset photos.

Very much enjoying your report as always Mandy and looking forward to the next episode on the wonderful Castaway Cay.

Kev

Mandy, you always look fab! I love the white/floral dress. ::yes::

Looking forward to more!

This looks like another great day. I am glad that you felt better. The sunset looked beautiful.

Corinna

I haven't posted for ages - but always love your trip reports!! :)

:hug: Thanks guys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter