Man in the bathroom

Oh my gosh. I support the rights of people to use the bathroom gender with which they identify but this looks way different than that. I would have been quite upset to see some person looking into my stall to see if it was occupied, and then to notice it was a man! Most people go out of their way to knock on the stalls or try to see if there are feet under them without being creepy. No way on this earth was that person not being a pervert. I would not have prompted a confrontation though, I would have left the bathroom and immediately told the story to the nearest Disney security. (If I had watched him look at my child in a bathroom stall though I cannot say I would have reacted in such a calm fashion.)

If people were really that uncomfortabke they could have gotten the nearst CM. I will never understand not speaking up in the moment and then blasting it online after the fact.

Also yet another article that brings up what makes a woman. Sorry but when I had my hair cut really short a lot of people started calling me sir and Mr and directing me to the men's room. It hurt. Heck this would be even with a purse and once even with make-up. I'm a staight cis-woman and when it happens to me it hurts. Again no actual clue what this person looked like but I hate when we start saying what makes a person one gender or not.

Also since they just waltzed in and it sounded like there was a line perhaps just saying excuse me there's a line would have been enough to defuse the situation.

A comment on the article brought up a good idea. What if it was a dad who was in the park with his daughter and went in because she had been in too long. I actually witnessed that at Aladdin (on Broadway) last year. Dad was out with his daughters. Sent both in but they were taking forever. He walked in and when he was questioned said he was just going to check on his daughters. He checked on them and walked right back out. No peeking at women or anything. Seems like a logical reason why he may have gone in.

I read this a week or so ago and thought it sounded fabricated. I noticed that no one on any of the boards said anything, and it's hard to believe no one else experienced it.
After reading the article linked above, it didn't seem to "ring true." Don't like confrontation? I'd be heading to the nearest CM to alert them. Did he walk in and walk out? Did he look through the gaps from the frame/door? Was he calling for his little 5-year-old princess who was taking 10 minutes to poo, causing him to come looking her? (Heaven knows my grandkids will go in to do #2, and be in the bathroom 10 minutes later, singing some song, totally having forgot to take care of the issue they went in for. Do that at Disneyland, and I might go in looking for them too!)

Something doesn't add up here.

If you click through to her blog she updated it. Said "It felt like he was looking for someone". Don't know why she couldn't just run with that.
Because then she wouldn't be internet famous. The first thing I thought was, "Did they use the bathroom?" Sounds like he was looking for someone in a really awkward manner. Maybe he wasn't even from this country and not b big deal where he comes from? The entire thing is vague.

Well the behavior initially described was inappropriate, reasons aside, & needed to be reported. I can't imagine no one in the bathroom reported it if it happened as initially stated... Was the author exaggerating/fabricating a situation to generate clicks & now trying to back peddle? Could be, idk. But now I know my response to the situation (any person looking into all the stalls) & reading everyone else's helped me because I would have been looking for security but finding the nearest CM can be much quicker & you'd get the same result.

She sounds like she was hallucinating. Personally, I wouldn't use any restroom that had 1" gaps between the doors. Where is that restroom? I have never seen it. Again, I'd never use a restroom like that when I know there are many others in the park that don't have 1" gaps.

I've walked into the men's restroom by mistake before. Maybe he did that. Maybe he lost a kid. Who really cares? She was in there with 2 boys. She could have used a companion bathroom. I used a companion bathroom by myself 2 days ago because I didn't want to wait in line for the regular bathroom. I guess she didn't have anything else exciting to write about.

On our last trip, my family used the restroom by Rancho Zocalo. There was a huge line for the women's because of the Adventureland bathrooms being under construction. While my son and I were in the Men's room (all done and washing our hands), a woman came barging in and said, "I ain't waiting in the women's line. I gotta go now! Sorry." She darted straight for a stall. All the men at the urinals started shifting and hiding. My son just started cracking up and I cracked a smile. I guess with guys, a girl running in like this is kinda funny. Now if there was a line and there was a woman in there waiting while I went, I might feel a little strange. Shoot, I'd be lucky to go at all!

GatorChris that is actually really funny to me . . . when I was there in January and waiting in a LONG line at that specific bathroom there was no line into the mens room at all and I actually made a joke to the woman that I was standing by that I was feeling a gender change coming on. Some guy over heard me and started laughing. Funny that someone actually acted on using the mens. I guess when you've gotta go you've gotta go. Lol. Saying that I don't think either of my boys would be impressed if they were doing there business and a female ran in like that.

She sounds like she was hallucinating. Personally, I wouldn't use any restroom that had 1" gaps between the doors. Where is that restroom? I have never seen it.

Yes. I was coming back to day that. She's already exaggerating by saying there are one inch gaps. If she thinks the gaps are 1", well, must make measuring things odd. Hope she's not an architect.

And if she KNOWS you can see everything through a gap then she's been looking too closely. Who's the creeper now?

Or she doesn't understand that when you look out of a stall you can see much more than you can see from the other side. It's like the view from a train when your seat faces forward (nice but limited) versus when you face backward (beautiful expanse of land for forever).

She was in there with 2 boys. She could have used a companion bathroom.

I skimmed and didn't realize she was with two males in the women's restroom. Ha!

No no, I took ds in there with me many times until he started holding onto railings to keep me from dragging him in (figuratively). But if I went to a restroom full of 1" gaps where you could see people doing their business so clearly I certainly wouldn't have taken my boy in there!

When I read the article one thing that stood out to me was that she says women shifted to hide the babies they were changing. And I said something to my husband about it. The men's rooms have changing tables and you can bet my husband changed diapers on trips when we've had a baby with us. He'll get his chance to change some on our upcoming trip.

I feel for men who take their young daughters alone. It's much easier for a mother to drag her son into the woman's room than for a man to do the same. Women's rooms are pretty private with the stalls and unless you're actually peeping into the stall there isn't much you'll see. But with urinals in the men's rooms it's much less private. Of course they could take their daughter into a companion restroom, but at some point in time the dad is going to have to go too. It make's me think of Three Men and a Little Lady where they blindfolded her.

Situations like this could totally go away if we just stopped with gendered bathrooms. It is becoming more common where I am and it is actually nice. When there are just rows and rows of bathrooms anyone can use them the lines usually go faster. Instead of 12 stalls for women that are always full and 12 stalls for men that are almost never full you get 24 that anyone can use. I guess the only issue some guys have is that it usually gets rid of urinals which are quicker for them but that's a minor inconvenience. The real only extra step is having to close a door.

Last edited:
The gaps between the stalls at some of the DL bathrooms are pretty big. When I'm walking through looking for an open door I have definitely seem people inside the stall. I wouldn't say I can see everything, it's more like that animation effect from a zoetrope. I'm also not trying to look, just focusing long enough to see if the stall is occupied or moving quickly to an open stall. I've been in many public restrooms at work, stadiums, theaters and the gaps at Disneyland are larger. They could fix that, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter