Major League Soccer (MLS) at Walt Disney World

That is how I read it for MLS, but then noticed that they always had an "and" with Walt Disney World Resort whenever using Swan and Dolphin. So maybe Swan and Dolphin isn't exclusive? Or WDWR was referring to ESPN Wide World of Sports?
I think it was referring to WWoS.

I hope Atlanta doesn't get masny of those 10:30 slots.
Since the groupings for the draw are by conference (and the future schedule after the tournament is going to be in conference only) I would think they would shift the western conference groupings to have the majority of 10:30 PM games for TV purposes.

It was announced just the other day that Swan and Dolphin would remain closed through 7/29, this would be a good explanation for why.

As a footy fan I'm ridiculously excited even though I don't follow MLS as much as the Euro leagues.

Since the groupings for the draw are by conference (and the future schedule after the tournament is going to be in conference only) I would think they would shift the western conference groupings to have the majority of 10:30 PM games for TV purposes.

I hope that is how it works and would make sense.

Are the soccer fields indoor or outdoor?

Outside. I suspect they'll mainly use Field 17 where is where disney hosts a pre-season soccer tournament that featurees some MLS teams. Though they mainly use that one since it has the biggest grandstands which isn't really a factor this time. It is also pretty convient and may be the one setup the best for broadcast so I'd still expect that one until we hear otherwise.

Seems like a lot of mess in Poorlando to get 3 regular season games in (hello. Hi. ATLUTD fan here).
I guess true, full deats need to be released today, but it'd be stupid if there is no loser's bracket. So silly some teams will play 3 gamed and some will play 7.
....Vancouver will travel 5,254 mile to play 3 games 🤔

Seems like a lot of mess in Poorlando to get 3 regular season games in (hello. Hi. ATLUTD fan here).
I guess true, full deats need to be released today, but it'd be stupid if there is no loser's bracket. So silly some teams will play 3 gamed and some will play 7.

It is the same fomet used for many many soccer tourrnaments around the world including the world cup. and yep some teams travel thousands of miles to the world cup to play a few games and go home.

There are some people that travel that distance for business on a weekly basis. It's not that bizarre.

It is the same fomet used for many many soccer tourrnaments around the world including the world cup. and yep some teams travel thousands of miles to the world cup to play a few games and go home.
yeah... except that's the WORLD CUP. I attended both Russia and France in 2018 and 2019, respectively... I also traveled thousands of miles because it was a big deal.... This tournament doesn't even have a cool name haha. "MLS Is Back Tournament"

I am going to watch and support my team. I love the sport of soccer/futbol - if you will.... but I am still unsure how this counts towards regular season standings. Again, probably need *full* details to drop but just feels very ML$ money grabby. Good on them for trying to capture America's want of sports right now tho. Looking forward to a picture of Josef and LeBron chilling by the pool of the GF.

yeah... except that's the WORLD CUP. I attended both Russia and France in 2018 and 2019, respectively... I also traveled thousands of miles because it was a big deal.... This tournament doesn't even have a cool name haha. "MLS Is Back Tournament"

I will agree they could have come up with a betterr name. However it is still going to be a qualifier for CONCACAF champions league so there are still stakes involved .

Honestly the only thing I enjoy about this tournament is the birth into the champions league. Other then that it feels like those meaningless pre season events.

I am going to watch and support my team. I love the sport of soccer/futbol - if you will.... but I am still unsure how this counts towards regular season standings. Again, probably need *full* details to drop but just feels very ML$ money grabby. Good on them for trying to capture America's want of sports right now tho. Looking forward to a picture of Josef and LeBron chilling by the pool of the GF.
They're trying to get enough games to have at least each team in a conference play everyone else in their conference at least once for the season. I'm not sure they can fit enough games in to make it twice. With the number of fields we don't know if group stage will be play each team once or twice, and with that goofy group with 6 in it how they are effectively playing those games to make it even. Who knows, their luck they get down there and some terrible hurricane wrecks the plans entirely.

They're trying to get enough games to have at least each team in a conference play everyone else in their conference at least once for the season. I'm not sure they can fit enough games in to make it twice. With the number of fields we don't know if group stage will be play each team once or twice, and with that goofy group with 6 in it how they are effectively playing those games to make it even. Who knows, their luck they get down there and some terrible hurricane wrecks the plans entirely.

That group of 6 is kinda weird and is not a group I'd want to be in. I'm just glad that Atlanta will definitely not be in that big 6 team group.

That group of 6 is kinda weird and is not a group I'd want to be in. I'm just glad that Atlanta will definitely not be in that big 6 team group.
They have a 6 in 14 chance to be in that group, since the "group of 6" is in the east.

Update: I'm an idiot trying to work and keep up with this as well as herd 2 kids at the same time and I'm failing at probably all 3 at the moment.

Group Stage Tournament Draw:
  • A draw for the tournament will take place on Thursday, June 11 at 3:30 p.m. ET to determine the placing of the 26 teams into six groups.
  • Nashville SC will be placed in the Eastern Conference and will remain in the Eastern Conference for the remainder of the 2020 season.
  • As the “host” team, Orlando City SC will be the top seed in the six-team group.
  • The four semifinalists from the 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs – Atlanta United, Los Angeles Football Club, Seattle Sounders FC, Toronto FC – will join Orlando as group seeds, along with Real Salt Lake (the next highest points total in the Western Conference from the 2019 season).
  • Full Group Stage Draw details

So Orlando is in the group of 6, Atlanta is in a group (say Group B), and Toronto is in a group (Group C), In the West LAFC is in Group D, Seattle Group E and RSL Group F.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter