Major League Soccer (MLS) at Walt Disney World

They have a 6 in 14 chance to be in that group, since the "group of 6" is in the east.

No. Atlanta won't be in the group of 6. They will be in one of the other two east groups.

There is one "seeded" team per group. Orlanda will be top seed of the 6 team group as the host team. Atlanta and Toroto will be the top seeds of the other 2 east groups.

🗣Nashville should have been in the east anyways!

Agreed. That never made sense and it is bad for the fans too as far as game start times. I remember when thee Braves were in the west division and so may freaking games started at 9 or 10pm at night beause they were playing west coast teams.

To be fair, I think the timing of the games is particularly to avoid it usual afternoon/evening storms (obviously a hurricane is a different story.

Also, MLS apparently plans to continue the season in some form of reduced format even after this tournament so who knows!

A few details on how this is going to work

Members of the league delegation will not be able to leave the hotel or the Wide World of Sports complex under their own volition. The league will provide some off-site activities for players to participate in to help pass the time, but it will maintain tight control over where they’re going and who they interact with. Garber mentioned golf as one of a “significant amount of” potential activities for players.

ESPN, which is owned by Disney, is expected to handle all of the production for the event, according to sources. The network will combine with FOX and Univision to broadcast all of the tournament in the U.S. International MLS broadcast partners such as Canadian network TSN will be able to pick up the ESPN-produced world feed and show it to viewers in their own countries.

from https://theathletic.com/1865234/202...t-from-the-mls-is-back-tournament-in-orlando/

I totally missed the draw because of work, Group A is six teams? o_O As long as I can see NYCFC in action at a reasonable hour I'll be happy. I know the non-sports fans are griping in the other threads but as someone who loves world football AND basketball having this mix with Disney is really exciting even if no fans will be allowed at the matches.

Of course the FC Cincinnati/Columbus Crew game is 10 pm, at least it is a Saturday. I am not going to be able to catch much of the FCC/Atlanta game since I will be back in the office that week. Hopefully I can stream on my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter