Major League Soccer (MLS) at Walt Disney World

gatour

DIS Veteran
There is a chance that MLS may use WDW facilities either for training camps or actual matches...

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Oooooh... This proposal has already gone farther than the NBA. ESPN WoS is proposed and 6/1 is the date they want people to arrive...

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran

Deadline currently noon on Wed for a decision. While the author is pushing their perspective there are interesting details in it. Of specific interest to Disney nerds "...They also agreed to the league’s plan to quarantine themselves in a Disney hotel for up to six weeks to play in a televised tournament beginning in early July in Orlando..."

• BrianR

Mouseketeer

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
    What does a "closed environment" at a Disney resort mean? Can their family be there also? Can they eat in restaurants or are they limited ti eating together as a team at the resort?

• rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    What does a "closed environment" at a Disney resort mean? Can their family be there also? Can they eat in restaurants or are they limited ti eating together as a team at the resort?
    Well if we compare to the NBA it would be the resort is only open to the players and staff and possibly family members. The NBA is allowing dining at restaurants that offer outdoor dining. They can also golf at on property courses.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    Looks like ESPN will handle the broadcasting feed and send it to Fox and Univision to limit the amount of people onsite at WWoS.

Krandor

DIS Veteran
    Looks like ESPN will handle the broadcasting feed and send it to Fox and Univision to limit the amount of people onsite at WWoS.

Makes total sense. Disney has all the facilities on-site to do all that. No need to bring in gear when they already have it.

• Anna H

Mouseketeer
    Is this hotel block off going to be in addition to the three hotels being used by NBA or did I misunderstand? Would this now be four hotels occupied?

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
    In addition. NBA is CSR and MLS is Swan and dolphin
    That is how I read it for MLS, but then noticed that they always had an "and" with Walt Disney World Resort whenever using Swan and Dolphin. So maybe Swan and Dolphin isn't exclusive? Or WDWR was referring to ESPN Wide World of Sports?

Krandor

DIS Veteran
    That is how I read it for MLS, but then noticed that they always had an "and" with Walt Disney World Resorts whenever using Swan and Dolphin. So maybe Swan and Dolphin isn't exclusive? Or WDWR was referring to ESPN World of Sports?
    if S&D isn't exclusive it would defeat the purpose and MLS has a lot of players. They will fill it up to start. When they get out of group stage I guess they could put everybiody in one side but not sure you could keep the bubble. I'd expect S&D to be exclusive until this is over.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.