Magicband 2 at Resorts

I hope red is the colour that is triggering 2.0 bands. We choose 2 red, 2 purple. Crossing my fingers. Will let you guys know on Saturday what we get at check in.

Checked in this morning at ASMusic and got both. Our room got MB2 (red, orange, purple and pink) but my parents got the old ones (blue and green).

When I log on to MDE and look at my order for the bands I will be receiving upon arrival the icons show MB 2.0. When I personalized them the icons were definitely 1.0 bands. Anyone else notice this?

We checked into AKL yesterday and received new Magicbands. We had to check out this morning and check back in (Savannah view was not available for the first night) and we received old style magic bands.

When I log on to MDE and look at my order for the bands I will be receiving upon arrival the icons show MB 2.0. When I personalized them the icons were definitely 1.0 bands. Anyone else notice this?

Just went to check and yes it now show MB2 icons, but I think it's just an update of the website to show the new ones and not the real think about the stocks.

Still thinking that red, yellow, and probably grey are colours that are out-of-stock in the old style. Less certain on the grey, since those are often not customized. Possibly the resorts just keep some uncustomized grey on hand, so that one could vary by resort. Guessing about the grey aside, there's been no evidence that a specific resort or resort category makes any difference at all.

Still just a theory, but so far I haven't seen any data points to contradict. :)

As of this week, all reported orders including red have received new bands. Any reported orders of blue, green, purple, pink, and/or orange *without* red included have received old style bands.

We have one report way back of a new standalone yellow band, and nobody has since reported receiving an old style yellow band. The only report of yellow I've seen since then also had a red band in the order, so no additional data there.

Keep those colour data points coming!

Ahh, you're probably right.

I had my magic bands customized months ago, and they were the old bands. Just checked the page to see if my MB showed the new ones, and it does, but they're not customized anymore. So now it's showing I need to customize my magic band 2

I had my magic bands customized months ago, and they were the old bands. Just checked the page to see if my MB showed the new ones, and it does, but they're not customized anymore. So now it's showing I need to customize my magic band 2
It was the same for me.

Just checked my MDE and it now shows the new MBs too but my customization stayed in-tact. We're doing red and pink so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mab2012's red band theory is correct!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter