Magicband 2 at Resorts

Checked in today at CBR... old style, which is weird because my parents checked in last Thursday and received the new style :confused3

Did you get different colours?

That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense with the mixed reports. My guess is that if they have run out of the old style of a colour in your order, you get new bands. Otherwise old. Purely guessing though, I have no supporting evidence!

Hmm, maybe. We got purple, pink and green. My parents got red and orange.

Maybe red is the magic colour? There was a picture posted recently showing two new-style red bands.

Someone also reported receiving a new yellow band several pages back. Most people aren't reporting colours though, so hard to draw any patterns.

I imagine we'll get a lot more data points over the next couple of weeks, as people start checking in for their March Break trips. 9 days for us!

Just came back and, although we didn't get mb at check-in because we were staying offsite, we upgraded our tickets to annual passes and were able to customize new mb for them. I had them sent to a friend's address (why on earth can't we have them shipped to Canada? Especially for AP! Doesn't make sense :sad2:) and we met with her on our way back so we got them and they're the new ones! Unfortunately, they are out of ap sliders at the moment so we'll only get them later on (May I think).
When we did the upgrade at the TTC ticket booth, my son's mb (from a previous trip) actually broke when we detached it to put it on. The CM, after asking a supervisor who examined the broken one very carefully, gave me another one to replace it but all she had was the old model. That was fine with us (replacing an old mb with an old model one) but I also think that's all she had to offer to anyone (they were displayed in her booth's window) so I think the mb2 are not even available for people who just want to buy one with their ticket.

Friends of ours just checked into CBR and got the new MBs. We check into PORFQ tomorrow, I'll update then.

I had them sent to a friend's address (why on earth can't we have them shipped to Canada? Especially for AP! Doesn't make sense :sad2:)

I believe it has to do with the need for regulatory approval in order to commercially import RFID technology. Or something to that effect. Doesn't explain why they are sticking us with the old inventory though!

So grey, red, yellow... has anyone gotten the old style of any of these colours within the last few days?

Just checked into POFQ, we all got the old bands. We got orange, purple, green and pink.

Checked in last week (February 26th), got old style bands in pink and blue as requested with our names on it. I asked the CM checking us in and he didn't know when they were switching over to handing out new ones.

Checking into Pop on the 25th, received new bands yesterday, Minnie slider watch slide right on

Could the timing be related to when they were "ordered" or customized? I wonder if those of you who received the 2.0 only recently completed the request for the bands vs maybe others that might have done it 2-3-4 months ago?

Could the timing be related to when they were "ordered" or customized? I wonder if those of you who received the 2.0 only recently completed the request for the bands vs maybe others that might have done it 2-3-4 months ago?

I don't think when you customize affects when they are actually produced. They allow you to update or change them until they lock it down and send them to production. This info was given to me by "Accident" the Dis member who runs the MB FAQ thread.

We're in WDW at the moment, having checked-in a couple days ago. There are 8 of us staying in 2 rooms at CR. Interestingly those in one room got 1.0 bands and those of us in the other room got 2.0 bands. Go figure!

(Both sets of bands were customized at exactly the same time using the same MDE account)

2.0 group: pink, purple, yellow, red

1.0 group: green, blue, purple, orange

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter