Magicband 2 at Resorts

Any recent updates? We check in April 21st and I bit the bullet and bought our custom band skins for 2.0 I'm really hoping I made the right choice.

Any recent updates? We check in April 21st and I bit the bullet and bought our custom band skins for 2.0 I'm really hoping I made the right choice.

Based on this:

We checked into BLT on March 14th and received the new Magic Bands (we all chose purple). We then checked into the Polynesian on March 15th and received new Magic Bands (colours were purple, blue and orange). On the same day, we picked up our AP bands that we'd had shipped to the resort and they were all new ones as well (colours were purple and orange).

It sounds like purple is definitely triggering new bands now, in addition to red. I haven't seen any clear evidence on any of the other colours, but we might be getting to the point where the old bands are sold out in enough colours that most (all?) orders are being filled with new bands. Has anyone gotten old bands recently?

We got new bands on our March 15 check-in, but our order included both red and purple, so no additional information there.

Any idea if the availability of the new MB 2.0 is dependant on value. Vs moderate vs deluxe resort...... with color also being a factor ?

Sorry, it's been awhile since you posted this question, but I'll answer now anyway. There has been no evidence that the resort has any impact at all on the magic band style. People have reported both old and new bands received at multiple deluxe resorts, and likewise at values.

I'm happy to hear that purple appears to be triggering it since my band is purple. But we are travelling with my parents who will have their own room. I imagine we'd need one of them to have a colour that would trigger the new bands. Fingers crossed we've reached a threshold now.

I'm happy to hear that purple appears to be triggering it since my band is purple. But we are travelling with my parents who will have their own room. I imagine we'd need one of them to have a colour that would trigger the new bands. Fingers crossed we've reached a threshold now.
We checked in March 16, 2017 at All Star movies. We had pink, purple and blue, all got 2.0 bands!

We checked into All Star Music on March 26. Ordered pink and purple Magic Bands and we received the Magic Band 2.0s.

There is a video on YouTube from RoadTrippin about the Magic Band 2.0 and good to know that you will need a small (eyeglass repair size, Phillips head I think) tool to remove the center to be able to put in purchased lanyards etc.

There is a video on YouTube from RoadTrippin about the Magic Band 2.0 and good to know that you will need a small (eyeglass repair size, Phillips head I think) tool to remove the center to be able to put in purchased lanyards etc.
I understand that a screwdriver is included with all of the extra "thingees" --not sure what you call them!

Friends of mine were at Disney in March and they all got the 2.0 in grey. They told me that to customize the bands would be $40 for all of them...I thought I could at least pick our colours?? Are they referring to the skins or something else?

Friends of mine were at Disney in March and they all got the 2.0 in grey. They told me that to customize the bands would be $40 for all of them...I thought I could at least pick our colours?? Are they referring to the skins or something else?
The $40.00 would be about what it would cost for skins from magicbands dot whatever (forget what it's called ....) Disney doesn't charge to choose your colour --at least they don't YET :P

I much prefer the old magic bands, they look sleeker. I have yet to try the MagicBand2

I assumed the same but after using them, I have to admit that the slightly bigger face makes it so much easier for everyone to tap the Mickey at the entrance and FP lines. We saw fewer people struggling to hit the exact spot on the bands to register which resulted in quicker lines compared to the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter