Magical Extras

larjani

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Not sure where to post these questions, but since we booked Hotel reservation only, thought I'd ask here:

1. Looks like we get Luggage tags, and some sort of discount card? When do we receive those?
2. There are two Mini gold courses. Any recommendations? If we have down time, might give one a try.
3. DisneyWorld Site ( https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/vacation-package-magical-extras/ ) says 20% discount at Joffrey's. Does that include in the parks too?

Guess that's all for questions. The rest seems self explanatory.

Hello,

Not sure where to post these questions, but since we booked Hotel reservation only, thought I'd ask here:

1. Looks like we get Luggage tags, and some sort of discount card? When do we receive those?
2. There are two Mini gold courses. Any recommendations? If we have down time, might give one a try.
3. DisneyWorld Site ( https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/vacation-package-magical-extras/ ) says 20% discount at Joffrey's. Does that include in the parks too?

Guess that's all for questions. The rest seems self explanatory.
Can I piggy-back with an odd question? Does anyone know if the Joffrey's discount (for this or, for instance, for Disney Visa holders) includes food/soft drinks at Joffrey's?

I have been hearing people have been receiving the packet in the mail 2-3 weeks before a trip, As far as mini golf we like WinterSummerland over Fantasia Gardens but have not been in a while.

I have been hearing people have been receiving the packet in the mail 2-3 weeks before a trip, As far as mini golf we like WinterSummerland over Fantasia Gardens but have not been in a while.
Oh, I would also point out that when I last did Fantasia Gardens (Fantasia is in my top 3 Disney movies), it felt like a fairly difficult course (I went with another adult). I wouldn't take my kids there but Winter Summerland seems super fun for kids (haven't been yet).

If you booked a room only you don't get the "magical extras".
I booked a package for November way back in March in order to make park reservations, as my AP were expiring end of May and they wouldn’t let me renew early. After I bought our new APs in July, I changed our package to room only, and everything applies - final pmt not due until check-in, can cancel five days before, etc. Yesterday, I received luggage tags and the discount card in the mail. I also had room only in May and those items were in my room at check in. This definitely isn’t the norm, and I would usually say you don’t get those things with room only, but I have on a few of my trips, although I’m not quite sure why.

If you booked a room only you don't get the "magical extras".

Interesting. I was checking the receipt, and it shows as loaded on the first day of our stay. Along with the luggage tags. If we don't get, it's no big deal. We've gotten it before, but never used.

Oh, I would also point out that when I last did Fantasia Gardens (Fantasia is in my top 3 Disney movies), it felt like a fairly difficult course (I went with another adult). I wouldn't take my kids there but Winter Summerland seems super fun for kids (haven't been yet).
There are actually two courses at Fantasia. One is a more traditional mini golf (the Gardens) and the other (that we also accidentally played once) is a pretty difficult course (the Fairways) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fantasia-gardens-fairways-miniature-golf/. I don’t think that’s made very clear when people walk up to play!

Cool, Well if we do indeed get the Free Mini golf option, we might play Fantasia. We're traveling with our older mid 20s kids.

I booked a package for November way back in March in order to make park reservations, as my AP were expiring end of May and they wouldn’t let me renew early. After I bought our new APs in July, I changed our package to room only, and everything applies - final pmt not due until check-in, can cancel five days before, etc. Yesterday, I received luggage tags and the discount card in the mail. I also had room only in May and those items were in my room at check in. This definitely isn’t the norm, and I would usually say you don’t get those things with room only, but I have on a few of my trips, although I’m not quite sure why.
Just a guess -- but I suspect when you changed your package by removing the tickets, you ended up with a "basic package" which is simly a resort reservation with the package terms and conditions. Final payment and cancellation terms differ between a package and a room-only. Did you have a balance due 30-days before arrival? That's the package terms. A room-only would have balance due on arrival. There have been several reports in the past 6 months or so of folks being automatically booked as a "basic package" instead of the room-only terms.

Just a guess -- but I suspect when you changed your package by removing the tickets, you ended up with a "basic package" which is simly a resort reservation with the package terms and conditions. Final payment and cancellation terms differ between a package and a room-only. Did you have a balance due 30-days before arrival? That's the package terms. A room-only would have balance due on arrival. There have been several reports in the past 6 months or so of folks being automatically booked as a "basic package" instead of the room-only terms.
Balance due on arrival. I only had to pay the difference between the original $200 and the cost of one night’s stay.

just piggybacking - we're 9 days out from our trip (hotel/ticket package) and have not gotten anything, no tags, discount cards, anything.

We are 11 days away and have not gotten anything and we booked a package through Disney. Has anyone who will be there within the next few weeks received the luggage tags? A few weeks ago we got a letter after we added Genie+ confirming our 8 day park hopper tickets with Genie+ and it had the days we will be at CBR and listed luggage tags and coupons.

Can I piggy-back with an odd question? Does anyone know if the Joffrey's discount (for this or, for instance, for Disney Visa holders) includes food/soft drinks at Joffrey's?
I used my Disney Visa discount on several beverage purchases at Joffrey’s in the parks last month. I didn’t buy food, but I’m sure it would have covered food as well as drinks.

We are 11 days away and have not gotten anything and we booked a package through Disney. Has anyone who will be there within the next few weeks received the luggage tags? A few weeks ago we got a letter after we added Genie+ confirming our 8 day park hopper tickets with Genie+ and it had the days we will be at CBR and listed luggage tags and coupons.
If you don’t receive them in the mail, you can ask at the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts