Magic May 31, 2014 A Magical Voyage Around the Mediterranean

LInetbo, I'd say you will have about 1 hour and thirty minutes to go from Paris to Disneyland Paris, if you use the RER. I'll check and will come back to you, but the two places are a little bit far from each other. If you want to go to Disneyland Paris, maybe you should consider to stay closer from the resort (the Kyriad hotel is a good place, and has a free shuttle to the parc). How many days do you intend to spend at Disney?

I will be in Paris just 3 days. I saw an excursion that go and return the same day.

That sounds good. Which park will you do? The Disneyland Park, the studio or both? And will your excursion allow you to see Dreams? Because this show is truly wonderful and has to be seen if you can.
Disneyland Paris is my second home (almost my first in fact! :rotfl2: ), so if you have some question or are in need for advises, please, feel free to ask me!

I think its a total of 13 hours for the whole trip. I am planning to do both. I know it's not enough tim ride everything but at least I just want to see the parks. Let's see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

It depends on the day you'll go to Disneyland Paris, maybe you will be able to do everything :) (if you can, try to go on a week day, it can truly make a huge difference).

For those who would like to take a taxi from the airport to the city, I just bought a book which speaks about 30 dollars. And the author says that's a great way to move around Barcelona and a very good deal if you're four or more .

For the FE, maybe you should look on the first page. Not sure, but I remember I saw it on this thread.

Hi all

Not long back from an Eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy and so excited to be doing the European cruise now....... I'm travelling with my grandma and daughter. Looking forward to the FEs.
Hollie

Hi all

Not long back from an Eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy and so excited to be doing the European cruise now....... I'm travelling with my grandma and daughter. Looking forward to the FEs.
Hollie

:cool1:

Hi all Not long back from an Eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy and so excited to be doing the European cruise now....... I'm travelling with my grandma and daughter. Looking forward to the FEs. Hollie
Welcome!!!! Nice to have another family planning to do fe!!!

Welcome Hollie!
We plan to do the FE too, I'm just waiting to sign, just to be sure that nothing will help me to do this cruise!

Due to high airline costs, we have cancelled this cruise. Going to Alaska instead.
Have a fabulous cruise in the Med. :thumbsup2 We've done it twice and every port is so magical ! :wizard:

Due to high airline costs, we have cancelled this cruise. Going to Alaska instead.
Have a fabulous cruise in the Med. :thumbsup2 We've done it twice and every port is so magical ! :wizard:

I know what you mean. I am in shock on how much money I spent and I still need to pay for a hotel, transfers and tours.

Scrappycruiser, I went to Alaska in August and it was the most amazing scenery ever! I just loved every part of my trip, and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did... You will have a wonderful trip!

How do you prefer to book your hotel reservation, via bookin.com, hotel.com,or directly from the hotel website?

Thanks for the good wishes !

As far as hotel reservations. We had booked the Regina Hotel through booking.com and I would definitely book again with them !!
Since we had to cancel our cruise, we also had to cancel our hotel too.
It was the easiest thing I've ever done. Took all of 30 seconds !

For my trip in Alaska, I chose to book my hotels in Vancouver via Bookin and was very happy with it. So, I'll do the same this time. I love to book DCL hotels (but not with Disney, only with bookin, because it will be cheaper that way) when I go on a Disney Cruise, as the hotel will send my luggage directly on the ship! So easy and convenient!
Which hotel are you planning to book?

I already booked my Barcelona hotel, but I am looking for Paris for a post cruise trip. Any idea?

I will ask for the good places in Paris. When I go there, I usually go to Disneyland so I don't really know... Sorry.
I'm thinking about booking the Hilton Diagonal del Mare for the night before the cruise. I'm looking for reports about it.

I already booked my Barcelona hotel, but I am looking for Paris for a post cruise trip. Any idea?

We just returned from Paris 2 weeks ago. We just did it on our own both this time and when we went 4 years ago; Paris is very easy get around either walking or using the Metro. We partly used Rick Steves' Paris guidebook for some of his city walks, but also saw several museums, churches, etc of interest, including a day trip to Versailles. You can now order tickets for the Eiffel Tower online, thus saving yourself considerable time waiting in line.

We may return via Rome as no one except me has been there and we know that just one day will not be enough to do all we want.

We just returned from Paris 2 weeks ago. We just did it on our own both this time and when we went 4 years ago; Paris is very easy get around either walking or using the Metro. We partly used Rick Steves' Paris guidebook for some of his city walks, but also saw several museums, churches, etc of interest, including a day trip to Versailles. You can now order tickets for the Eiffel Tower online, thus saving yourself considerable time waiting in line.

We may return via Rome as no one except me has been there and we know that just one day will not be enough to do all we want.

Wich hotel hotel did you stay? I was thinking something near the Louvre.

Wich hotel hotel did you stay? I was thinking something near the Louvre.

We stayed at the Hotel Dauphine St Germaine, 36 Rue Dauphine, a small hotel on the left bank near Isle de la Cite (where Notre Dame Cathedral is located). The Louvre was perhaps a 10-15 minute walk. We picked it because we wanted to spend more time on the left bank, and because it had charming rooms, a lift/elevator, and air conditioning (thankfully, as the temps were in the high 90s when we were there). They have some pretty good rates online. Staff was friendly and very helpful, and we would stay again.

Hotels in Paris tend to be expensive, even for lesser quality hotels. Rooms are small by US standards (and even European standards), and few have elevators or air conditioning (so you'll pay a bit more to get it).

Four years ago we stayed near Pigalle since we needed a family room and were booking rather late so had to take what we could find. This time we only had DW and myself, and because it was our anniversary, we splurged on a "deluxe" room. I looked in arrondissements 1-6 as we wanted to spend time walking around and these are the more historical areas. (1-4 is right bank, 5 & 6 are left bank).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter