Magic May 31, 2014 A Magical Voyage Around the Mediterranean

Hi Linetbo! Once in Rome, I think we will mostly tour the Vatican. The best of all would have been to tour both the Vatican and San Angel Castle, but I didn't see any tour with these two options. I think we will finally take the "Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica" one. As you did, I found the tour to be very pricey, so I hope we will enjoy it :D

I tought about it yesterday, and maybe we will just take a walk on naples and tour on our own because the day in Rome is juste the day before and if we take this tour, it will last ten hours, I'm affraid that we will be too tired to enjoy an excursion in Naples :S

Hi all!

We've just booked our first Disney Cruise today! So excited!!

There's me, my DH and our daughter who will be 4.

Me & DH have cruised about 5 years ago (once on Thomson and once on Ocean Village) and we went to DLParis last month and seeing DD with the characters was amazing - so had to get a bit of Disney in our next holiday too!

Really looking forward to the trip!

Planning on doing our own trips - so far looking at going to Monaco - to the aquarium and on the land train from Villefranche and a boat trip around Capri from Naples. With DD being 4, we're only planning on half day tours - hoping to be back on the ship by 2ish everyday

I'm a big planner so I'm sure my next 9 months will be filled with various itineraries until we eventually decide on what we want to do!

Have joined the FB page and signed up for FE :)

We're coming from the UK, so not booked flights yet, but planning on arriving on the Friday and staying overnight - looking for hotels at the moment - where's everyone else staying? Will be happy to share taxi/minibus to the port if others are there too :)

Hi all!

We've just booked our first Disney Cruise today! So excited!!

There's me, my DH and our daughter who will be 4.

Me & DH have cruised about 5 years ago (once on Thomson and once on Ocean Village) and we went to DLParis last month and seeing DD with the characters was amazing - so had to get a bit of Disney in our next holiday too!

Really looking forward to the trip!

Planning on doing our own trips - so far looking at going to Monaco - to the aquarium and on the land train from Villefranche and a boat trip around Capri from Naples. With DD being 4, we're only planning on half day tours - hoping to be back on the ship by 2ish everyday

I'm a big planner so I'm sure my next 9 months will be filled with various itineraries until we eventually decide on what we want to do!

Have joined the FB page and signed up for FE :)

We're coming from the UK, so not booked flights yet, but planning on arriving on the Friday and staying overnight - looking for hotels at the moment - where's everyone else staying? Will be happy to share taxi/minibus to the port if others are there too :)

Welcome,hoping to meet you. My daughter is crazy about the British accent (because one direction). I am sad that I don't have enough time to go to England. But after the cruise we are going to Paris for 3 days.

Hi Linetbo! Once in Rome, I think we will mostly tour the Vatican. The best of all would have been to tour both the Vatican and San Angel Castle, but I didn't see any tour with these two options. I think we will finally take the "Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica" one. As you did, I found the tour to be very pricey, so I hope we will enjoy it :D I tought about it yesterday, and maybe we will just take a walk on naples and tour on our own because the day in Rome is juste the day before and if we take this tour, it will last ten hours, I'm affraid that we will be too tired to enjoy an excursion in Naples :S

We just found out the pope will be in Rome the day we are there. The Vatican museum and St. Peter's Basilica will be closed in the morning so we will head to the coliseum first. Thought I'd pass that along.

Our son will be just under a year & a half at the time of the cruise. Debating on if he's too young to go or if we need to wait a few years. Thoughts?

We just found out the pope will be in Rome the day we are there. The Vatican museum and St. Peter's Basilica will be closed in the morning so we will head to the coliseum first. Thought I'd pass that along.

Can you please tell where you found that information? We've been to the Colosseum and wanted to go the vatican museum :-(

Now that flights are booked.. it is time to concentrate on what excursions we would like to take. :)

Does anyone know if certain tours fill up faster than others?

Hi, I just booked my Barcelona transfers and tour. Barcelona City Tour 59€ for transfer from airport to hotel and 59 € for transfer hotel to port. And also a Barcelona Highlights Half day semi private tour 4-12 persons on May 30 9:30 with pick up to your hotel and drop off in la Sagrada Familia. if you have interest in this tour this is the email. info@BarcelonaDayTours.com. And FYI is totally refundable.
>These are some of the things you can expect on a typical panoramic Barcelona>city tour (for private tours the itinerary is flexible and you can include>or exclude sites as you prefer during the duration of the tour):> *>> *>• La Sagrada Familia- world-famous architectural masterpiece> *>• Park Guell- Gaudi's greatest Park with beautiful city views (inside visit)> *>• Passeig de Gracia- Barcelona 's most luxurious strip> *>• La Pedrera/Casa Mila- Gaudi's most famous building in Barcelona> *>• Casa Batllo- Gaudi's most astounding contribution to Modernisimo> *>• Casa Amataller- part of the trio "Apple of *******"> *>• Casa Morera- part of the famous trio> *>• Plaza España- most impressive plaza in Barcelona> *>• The National Palace- very impressive site with great views> *>• The Olympic Ring- see where it all happened in 1992> *>• Montjuic- with lots of history and great city views> *>• The Columbus Monument- for the world-famous explorer> *>• Port Olympic- marina, shops, restaurants, galleries, & more> *>• Plaza Cataluña- the famous plaza in the heart of Barcelona> *>

Lurker here... would love to book this cruise or 6/14. May I ask how all of you book airfare? We would be travelling from the US. Do you use a travel agent. Hunt for deals on your own? Can you book airfare 8 months ahead?

We've done 2 short DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral in the past and we drove and parked at the port...we have little experience in getting flight deals.

Thanks! This itinerary seems wonderful. I've been fortunate to tour Europe in my youth. Would love to take the husband and boys (17 and 14).

K

Lurker here... would love to book this cruise or 6/14. May I ask how all of you book airfare? We would be travelling from the US. Do you use a travel agent. Hunt for deals on your own? Can you book airfare 8 months ahead? We've done 2 short DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral in the past and we drove and parked at the port...we have little experience in getting flight deals. Thanks! This itinerary seems wonderful. I've been fortunate to tour Europe in my youth. Would love to take the husband and boys (17 and 14). K

Welcome!
We hunt for deals on our own and I get daily updates from kayak.com. You can book airfare now for this trip. If you have a good TA and wouldn't hurt to have them look too.

We are on the EBTA prior to this cruise so only looking for one way airfare home from Barcelona.

Hope it works out for you!

We just booked this cruise a couple weeks back while on our Western Caribbean. This will be our 6th DCL cruise.

Traveling will be myself, DH, DD (14), DS (13), DS (9 turning 10 on cruise).

Looking forward to this awesome experience!!

Hi everybody!
Unfortunately, we won't be cruising with you next year, because we sere forced to change our dates and will cruise on september... It will be so long!
I hope everybody here will have a wonderful time and I wish you all the best for planning!

Hey Guys!!

Guess what!!! Our MAGICal cruise.... Is SOLD out!!! As of the other day, all that was left was a 1 bedroom suite!!!

Just wanted to check in, see how everyone was doing... Wanted to make sure everyone who is on Facebook has the link to the FB page. I know that Tracy posted it previously but I know I"m bad about going back to the beginning so I thought I'd post it again.

How is everyone doing? How is planning going? Airline tickets booked? Any excursions planned? Any special things planned???

I know some people are interested in FE. Nick is handling that... But, I'm starting to work on mine but I want to get an idea of how many people are going to be interested in participating!!

Hoping to hear from y'all soon...

Here is the FB link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagicalVoyageInTheMed

Tianni
:grouphug:

Welcome to any new cruisers that have recently joined.

Having done 3 Med cruises with DCL now, I would recommend a few things .....
For Naples: Try Herculaneum instead of Pompeii .. It's smaller, less busy but much better preserved. Beautiful place and so much better than Pompeii.
If you just want 'pretty', try Sorrento instead of Capri. Much cheaper and the old part is fantastic with free Limoncello samples!!

For Pisa: the half day Easy Pisa with DCL is fine. Either do this, or travel independently, it's really ok to do either. If you want to climb the Tower, you should pre book your time for sure. Personally, I would save my money .. Great views, but an awful lot of steps and very crowded.

For Rome: take a private tour but don't make it 10 hours. We always use www.mytourinitaly.com as they were recommend by the DVC staff years ago to us. Fantastic company, very good prices and will fit in with what YOU want. Speak to Andreina, the sister of the owner for DIY tours. If you use a different company, ensure they have a licence to enter the docks (you don't want to meet them anywhere else), that they use mini vans/cars and not big buses (buses are not allowed inside the City walls so you will have long walks for each stop). Also ensure that they pre purchase any ticket you need as otherwise you will be made to queue for what could be hours. A private guide for the Vatican Museums and Sistine chapel is a bonus. The Spanish Steps are just that .. Steps. Nothing special at all .. Do a drive by, but don't bother stopping. You won't get any decent photos as the steps are covered by people sitting on them .. You see bits of concrete and that's all. Waste of time!!

Villefranche: Monaco is good for two things only ... Looking enviously at the yachts (ships!!) and the Grand Prix circuit if you like motor racing. This year, my mum dragged us to the Cafe de Paris and what a jumped up cafe it is. A pint of beer was 15 euros, so about $20! We got on the bus, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like bodily contact ... I commute into London for work fairly often so am well used to crowded tube trains, but this was something else as the driver drove at breakneck speed then slammed the brakes on at the last minute .. Awful. Get the train, much nicer!

This year, for Naples, we wanted a short time in both Herc and Sorrento, plus we only wanted to be off the boat for around 6 hours. Andreina sorted it so that we had a lovely visit to Sorrento for a couple of hours, then a quick drive over to Herc for a wander. Fantastic day and after 3 Med cruises of watching people get up at death o'clock and not return until after late dinner has started, the all day tours day after day are definitely not for us. I realise that for some of you, it's a one chance to visit these places, but please, think carefully about how you and your family will fare with the go, go, go mentality.

Hope that helps people

Joa

To all my disney friends in London, I am surprising my daughter, who is a huge One Direction fan, with a day in London before going to a day and a half in Paris. we are getting to Gatwick airpory and leave from Heathrow. Wich hotel do you recomend near everything, I am planning what to do in a short time and try to see maybe change of guard, London bridge, etc. Can you please help my find a hotel near everything I need to see. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter