Magic in NYC~June 2, 2012

First, welcome aboard! I'm so ready to be on this cruise. It is hot in Dallas and we are stuck in an apartment while building our new house. This isn't fun with a 2 and 5 year old. And did I mention that they are building a new store below us and the noise is unbearable during the day? I could just imagine being at Castaway Cay on a hammock just about now.

To get your countown off go to user CP and edit your signature. You should be able to delete it from there. If that's wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

We did our first Disney Cruise without kids. We loved it. We were on the Magic in September 2005 and have since been back on Disney Cruises in
2007, 2009, and 2010. Obviously we like it. We went on Princess out of Vancouver for our Alaska cruise in 2008 and it didn't compare to Disney. Just my thoughts...

Hi Amelia and Welcome Aboard!!

We've done several other cruises out of NYC. Norwegian which you can definately get for less than Disney, but you will also get moldy bread and horrible shows and if you want my full 11 page report that I mailed to the CEO of NCL, I will be happy to email it to you! My honest opinion. It was the WORST cruise of my life. Holland America is also less, and it was a very nice cruise. The food was good and the average cruiser age was over 70. I went with my dad (91 years young) and had a nice time. But for my money...Disney! You do NOT have to cruise with kids to have an awesome time. In fact, my first two Disney Cruises have been without kids. I'm heading out on another Magical Cruise in October with my 23 month old granddaughter so I'm excited to experience the cruise with a little one. But this June 2nd cruise my DH and I will be cruising alone again. Couldn't resist booking out of NY since it's only about a 40 minute drive for us. Yay!! No air travel!

I'm heading up the FE for this cruise, so if you want to sign up, just let me know. The information for signing up is on Post # 3.

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now
arg-4-50-trans.gif
arg-7-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City!

Hi Everyone!

arg-4-50-trans.gif
arg-6-50-trans.gif

Hi everyone!

We just booked this cruise! We are so super excited!!:dance3: It's me, my DH, DD 11, and DD 8.

We've only been on 1 other cruise--it was a 3 night on the Wonder in 2002. My 8 yo always said it wasn't fair that she never got to go on a cruise and her sister did so we are finally able to make "magic" for her!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi everyone!

We just booked this cruise! We are so super excited!!:dance3: It's me, my DH, DD 11, and DD 8.

We've only been on 1 other cruise--it was a 3 night on the Wonder in 2002. My 8 yo always said it wasn't fair that she never got to go on a cruise and her sister did so we are finally able to make "magic" for her!

Welcome to our group! I see we are neighbors. What area of Cleveland are you in? We live in Twinsburg.

Glad that your daughter is getting to cruise :)

Welcome to our group! I see we are neighbors. What area of Cleveland are you in? We live in Twinsburg.

Glad that your daughter is getting to cruise :)

Yes, we are neighbors!

Are you driving to NYC? Are you heading in early? We are going to drive but beyond that have NO idea what we are doing!

Does anyone know what time they would start boarding at the NYC terminal?

Yes, we are neighbors!

Are you driving to NYC? Are you heading in early? We are going to drive but beyond that have NO idea what we are doing!

Does anyone know what time they would start boarding at the NYC terminal?

We are driving. We are planning on leaving here Friday morning. My ideal plan would be to spend Friday night in a hotel in Hoboken, NJ, so that I can get up in the morning and get us some goodies from Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss). Not sure if that will happen or not.

My ideal plan would be to spend Friday night in a hotel in Hoboken, NJ, so that I can get up in the morning and get us some goodies from Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss). Not sure if that will happen or not.

I would like to go on the record as saying.... Oi... :facepalm:

Hi everyone!

Hi and Welcome Aboard!!

So glad your 8 year old DD will be able to experience some Magic on a Disney Cruise!

Just wanted to pop in here and let you know that I am keeping track of all the cruisers and also the FE List. Please see my post # 3 near the beginning of this thread for details and information. I know it's still early, but the information is there if you want to to participate.

We are driving. We are planning on leaving here Friday morning. My ideal plan would be to spend Friday night in a hotel in Hoboken, NJ, so that I can get up in the morning and get us some goodies from Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss). Not sure if that will happen or not.

So, you want to have breakfast "Hoboken Style"! If anyone on here doesn't get that comment you'll just have to watch the Cake Boss. Did you watch it last night? The giant cake hamburgers? LOL. I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat cake or a hamburger at the end of the show. But it sure made me hungry.

I've had several friends go to Carlo's Bakery. Usually the line is out the door and around the block. The wait time can be up to two hours on a weekend, so you might want to plan accordingly. Try to get there when it first opens. Weekdays the line is not as long. Maybe if you get to Hoboken before the bakery closes you can get something Friday night for your breakfast on Saturday. Anyway, sounds like a fun plan and I hope you can get in and meet some of the "stars" of the show!!

Ooooh! I love your plan! Definitely bring us a cannoli... or three! :love: Did you get to see Buddy when he came to Akron a few months ago?

Will your kids be out of school by then? We may not be able to leave until late afternoon Friday due to school and work.

Hi and Welcome Aboard!!

So glad your 8 year old DD will be able to experience some Magic on a Disney Cruise!

Just wanted to pop in here and let you know that I am keeping track of all the cruisers and also the FE List. Please see my post # 3 near the beginning of this thread for details and information. I know it's still early, but the information is there if you want to to participate.

Thanks so much! We are so excited! I think I'm even more excited than the girls, if that's possible!!! I will check out your post.

Ooooh! I love your plan! Definitely bring us a cannoli... or three! :love: Did you get to see Buddy when he came to Akron a few months ago?

Will your kids be out of school by then? We may not be able to leave until late afternoon Friday due to school and work.

I did not see Buddy when he was here. Hopefully my "plan" will work out and I will get to try some of their goodies.

Yes, our kids will be out of school. They go back super early (August 17th) and get out super early (May 24th).

Hi Everyone!

arg-4-50-trans.gif
arg-5-50-trans.gif

We're so excited to sail out of NYC. We don't have any specific plans but we may take the train from Pittsburgh to NYC.

We're staying onboard for the 5 night Canadian itinerary as well. We've never done a back to back but have always dreamed of it. Sailing in our party are:

Me (Suz-celebrating a BIG birthday on June 13th)
DH (Jeff)
DD #1 (Katie-will be 16 at sailing)
DD #2 (Bobbie-celebrating her 6th BD on June 10th)
DF (Julie-also celebrating a BIG birthday in 2012)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

We're so excited to sail out of NYC. We don't have any specific plans but we may take the train from Pittsburgh to NYC.

We're staying onboard for the 5 night Canadian itinerary as well. We've never done a back to back but have always dreamed of it. Sailing in our party are:

Me (Suz-celebrating a BIG birthday on June 13th)
DH (Jeff)
DD #1 (Katie-will be 16 at sailing)
DD #2 (Bobbie-celebrating her 6th BD on June 10th)
DF (Julie-also celebrating a BIG birthday in 2012)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi Suz and :welcome: aboard!! I am the keeper of the "Who is Sailing With Us" list as well as the FE list! For us it's just a short 30 to 40 minute drive to the pier depending on George Washington Bridge traffic. I'm excited to be sailing out of NY because it means, NO PLANE!

Wow!! Wish I was doing back to back cruises. Lucky you!!

If you decide to join us for the FE, information is on Post #3. Just let me know!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter